VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
… that i don’t know. I’m afraid I’m much less good at visual processing than I am at verbal processing, I barely passed geometry… but IIRC, the UK trial flashed around a lot of floor plans so someone should know.

also I thought I saw a real estate blog about the sale of the apartments which said JD had paid for a gut internal rehab of all 5 apartments in 2007, so whatever he wanted to do probably went.

I found this:

The units are located in the Art Deco Eastern Columbia Building. The Independent noted that Depp owned five separate penthouses on the top floor of the building between 2013 and 2016. The star allowed his good friend, Isaac Baruch, to stay in one house and use another as an art studio. Depp and Heard lived in the penthouse next to Baruch and shared an adjoining balcony. Heard’s sister, Whitney, lived in another and friends of the couple occupied the other one. Three of the units were connected via doorways.

Inside Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Former Los Angeles Penthouse

It just dawned on me during yesterday's coverage... the penthouses likely had an interior "shared" door. It's possible I'm slow to realizing this, or maybe I'm just wrong. :confused: Anyone know? TIA!

Some of them are connected. I watched a video about it close to the beginning of this trial when I was trying to get up to speed.

Sorry, but according to this woman, EVERYONE has been abused in some form or another. C'mon... someone yelling is abuse, a mean look is abuse and threatening... MY OPINION is we are going WAY over board with the victimization of EVERYONE.

Bredhoft just called Hughes Dr. Curry…oooops

Don’t know what happened in that sidebar, by the judge seemed a bit animated

Bredhoft explained her confusion as she said she saw Dr. Curry in the courtroom…had to get that in. Curry is probably there to hear what Hughes says for clarification to Depp’s lawyers

Last edited:
Sky News

Psychologist tells court Heard has PTSD cause by intimate partner violence

Psychologist Dawn Hughes is asked for her expert opinion on Amber Heard, based on her evaluation and review of all the data available.

She tells the court her "main opinion" is that Heard's "report of intimate partner violence" and the records she reviewed in the case are "consistent with what we know in the field" on intimate partner violence.

Her second main opinion is that Heard "demonstrated very clear psychological and traumatic effects" from statements made by Depp made through his attorney.

These statements made by Depp's lawyer are what Heard is countersuing the actor over.

She tells the court that Heard has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - caused by intimate partner violence by Depp.

Sky News

Psychologist tells court Heard has PTSD cause by intimate partner violence

Psychologist Dawn Hughes is asked for her expert opinion on Amber Heard, based on her evaluation and review of all the data available.

She tells the court her "main opinion" is that Heard's "report of intimate partner violence" and the records she reviewed in the case are "consistent with what we know in the field" on intimate partner violence.

Her second main opinion is that Heard "demonstrated very clear psychological and traumatic effects" from statements made by Depp made through his attorney.

These statements made by Depp's lawyer are what Heard is countersuing the actor over.

She tells the court that Heard has post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - caused by intimate partner violence by Depp.

This goes against previous testimony by a psychologist called by Depp's team, Dr Shannon Curry, who told the court earlier in the trial that Heard suffered from "histrionic and borderline personality disorders" and "grossly exaggerated symptoms of PTSD".

Respectfully, I'm not sure why you say DP groupies? I believe we are all adults here are very capable of hearing the testimony and coming to our own conclusions. Not everyone hears and sees things the same way .. that does not mean we are groupies.
Whatever the name, "groupies" "fans", certainly there are none of them for AH here. :D

So does this woman take everything AH said as truth when doing the test and coming up with a score? Is that how these tests work? If the patient says it happened, then it's true?
Exactly my thoughts! If this test works, why don't we use this to solve crimes!?!!
She just rattled out all the things AH accused JD of and said a test proved the events to true. So strange. I hope cross sets this straight. I need to educate myself more on PTSD testing.

Sky News

'A high degree of serious violence' by Depp towards Heard, psychologist tells court

Psychologist Dawn Hughes, an expert witness called by Amber Heard's team, is continuing her testimony on her psychological evaluation of the actress.

She says she does not agree with previous witness Dr Shannon Curry's evidence that a test showed "intentional exaggeration" by Heard.

Dr Hughes tells the court she does not agree with this, based on her research, and that the test used by Dr Curry to determine this was not appropriate in this case.

She says Heard has not "feigned PTSD".

Asked if she conducted tests on Heard specific to domestic violence, she says she did.

Dr Hughes tells the jury that the overall gist of the tests - which asked about "both sets of behaviour", so by Depp and Heard - was that there was "a high degree of serious violence perpetrated by Mr Depp towards Ms Heard, there was violence more on the mild level perpetrated by Ms Heard towards Mr Depp".

She says the amount of injury to Heard was more significant and higher, and that she was also subjected to sexual violence.

Someone should give her the evidence of the before and after instances where AH was abusive either verbally or physically to others aside from JD. Apparently she is unaware of it or was when making her report :rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts! If this test works, why don't we use this to solve crimes!?!!
She just rattled out all the things AH accused JD of and said a test proved the events to true. So strange. I hope cross sets this straight. I need to educate myself more on PTSD testing.

Dr. Curry said the opposite last week; namely, AH said ‘yes’ to 19 of the 20 markers of PTSD; there are soldiers who’ve seen people blown up in front of them who don’t have that many (15 is generally the max people test out with); and that it’s (the 20 question test) super easy to fool because there have been so many reports in pop culture and movies (!) with the symptoms, it’s very easy for people to lie their way through; after which she goes to another test that’s nigh impossible to fool because it’s so subtle and has so many refined questions.

also, being the very thorough soul she outlined to us, as per Law and Crime cameras, she’s there today to take notes for Plaintiff rebuttal case.

Law & Crime is saying the Doctor is using personal notes to "refresh her memory", instead of her report. And those weren't given to Depp's attorney's. And that may be the cause of all the side bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam