Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to see how smart she was. I agree she likely has a suitcase filled with cash. Spending it without drawing attention is going to be their problem.

I think they have help from someone we don't know about yet. Someone who can give them shelter and buy their stuff but not draw attention. A friend with a big farm in the middle of nowhere...
I think about this too as I live in the rural Midwest. Everywhere I look there are farms or junkyards or storage facilities or local trucking operations on acres of property. There’s a lot of places to lay low if you have the discipline.

She could have 10s of thousands in mattress money as well. Alabama is fairly affordable living and she's had stable, likely decent, income for years and no children to provide for. She may have been banking a ton of overtime and had little time to spend it through the years.
Her former moth-in-law said she was a saver, not a spender.

MOO

Already know the exact time they left the jail. Videos released showing them walking out together and leaving, at 9:31 AM via the Sally Port camera.
Yes but the Sheriff said 9:41. While it is most probable that he misspoke or that a transcriber made a typo in reporting his statement, there is nevertheless a discrepancy and vehicle telematics could provide confirming info.

With the slipshod way this jail seems to have been run, learning their security cameras aren't set to the correct time would not be much of a surprise!

Yes but the Sheriff said 9:41. While it is most probable that he misspoke or that a transcriber made a typo in reporting his statement, there is nevertheless a discrepancy and vehicle telematics could provide confirming info.

With the slipshod way this jail seems to have been run, learning their security cameras aren't set to the correct time would not be much of a surprise!
Anything is possible...it most likely seems the Sheriff simply misspoke early on. As far as those cameras go, I'd bet that they are correct.

She had to leave her retirement benefits dangling else she wouldn't have been able to get him out of there. Before you go to your final retirement appointment you have to complete a long checklist and get a bunch of signatures that you have turned in your badge, weapons, access cards, patrol car, terminated computer access, settled your gov travel card account, turned in all your keys, etc etc. If she had actually gone through and completed all those steps she would have lost the ability to break him out of there in the first place.

She couldn't complete her retirement package before breaking him out. That's a no-go.

Now, it's possible she forged all that documentation and did process through HR behind the sheriff's back. Thinking she could secretly outprocess (with forged documents and signatures) but keeping her badge, gun, patrol car and access to the jail as usual. Who knows with this lady and this incompetent county? jmo

thanks....very helpful.

She might have thought that her paperwork would go through and payments would be made into her bank account with her being seen as the victim where they'd sympathetically process her paperwork while she was missing and presumed kidnapped. My thinking was her plan was to go to some non-extradition country and make withdrawals from there, which once her retirement kicked in she would have to be convicted to lose it. She would have outed herself as an accomplice once she was out of reach of the law. I would think getting convicted in absentia would take a long time and in the meanwhile she'd be reaping in the money in some 3rd world country where the money goes far. She actually might be very evil if she was attempting to play off people's sympathies with her retirement while plotting an escape with a serious criminal and if she was involved with his 2020 escape attempt she might have plotted killing/injuring other prison officers.

thanks...very helpful...

I'm trying to understand this folly. I really am. I am 3 years older than VW. Also single (but with one adult child), retired from active duty military with a check coming in every month, recently retired from federal civil service, also with a check coming in every month. Free healthcare for life. All without doing a single darn thing every day. I simply cannot imagine a scenario where I would walk away from all that for a felon. A common, violent criminal. I literally cannot envisage such a scenario at my age. I'm not excusing VW, but there has to be something seriously wrong with her. jmo

Love is blind…and sometimes very dumb. But oft overpowering, overwhelming, and, all encompassing.

Doubt it. I have a pension from retiring as a teacher. The payment comes monthly and is a month behind. So I waited a month for the first payment and receive one monthly now through direct deposit. No choice on the direct deposit thing.

Point is, she'd could have submitted the papers early for a certain date, but then would most likely have to have a bank account listed to receive them starting a month later (as you're still receiving employment $ that last month). And most definitely not all at once, as benefits terminate when the person terminates, iykwim.

In many state pension systems (such as California, Ohio), you can chose to take a lump sum of your contributions rather than the defined benefit plan of monthly payments. So she may have planned to make that choice, or she may have already made that choice.

Also, you can apply for retirement on your last day of work, but then you might have to wait longer for your first payment because it usually takes at least 60 days to process everything.

In both these states I mentioned above, you can do it all online. The issue of returning items to employer (laptop, keys, ID, etc.) is between you and your state employer, not the state's pension plan body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong