VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long ten-day wait until trial resumes. I came to this thread neutral as I knew nothing about AH and little about JD except for viewing a few movies of his that I really liked. I've watched every minute of the trial so far. I thought JD's testimony sounded like celeb-talk. I thought AH's testimony sounded false. jmo.
I see a man who looks tired and full of grief and regret; someone who has logged too many miles.

I see a foolish woman whose youth is rapidly fading, and seemingly not being replaced by the grace and beauty that comes when a life is well lived. I also see a woman who is fearful, not of the man, but of what she has gotten herself in to. She realizes she is in way over her head, and is scrambling.

The whole situation is really very sad. Has the last two years not taught us that life is way too short for this type of ugliness?

Amateur opinion and speculation

I had a legal thought/question regarding the judge's instructions to AH yesterday, upon closing court for 10 days. She ( Judge Penny ) ordered AH to not talk with her attorneys about the case for the entire time. My question is, can Amber's PR person talk to the attorneys and then relay messages back and forth? This is a pretty grey colored area, IMO.

From what I understand, AH is allowed to speak with her attorneys and PR team but cannot speak about the testimony she's given on the stand. 'Just like the jurors being instructed not to read, search, discuss the case while away... and the judge takes everyone at their word (unless some proof to the contrary is presented). Trust. (Or, of course, leave no trace ;))

Also, there's a mega-pint of days between now and when AH resumes her (direct) testimony, AND I have no doubt that new PR team is working on some attempts at poof and voila (magic). All JMO ;)

Today, I saw two pictures...side by side photos of AH and Jodi Arias. Femme fatale anyone? Seriously, they both were rejected by their "love" in their lives. JA chose the infamous shower scene method. AH chose murder by Media. She "killed" his career.
Evil

In the last thread someone had mentioned that JD and his team went all the way to the Supreme Court (?) fighting for the info from the ACLU (I think I have that correct) .. my question is how did they know to keep fighting for that info if ACLU was refusing to give it to them? It's like they had an idea of what they would find so I'm just wondering how they knew that?

In the last thread someone had mentioned that JD and his team went all the way to the Supreme Court (?) fighting for the info from the ACLU (I think I have that correct) .. my question is how did they know to keep fighting for that info if ACLU was refusing to give it to them? It's like they had an idea of what they would find so I'm just wondering how they knew that?

My guess is JD's team kept fighting for it because the ACLU kept refusing (due to push-back from AH - maybe even EM?). If AH had made the donations herself... as she promised and claimed... she would have been eager (proud) for the ACLU to disclose. jmo

<modsnip>

Some people were wondering why Ben Chew was fist pumping the air after AH talked about JH allegedly throwing Kate Moss down the stairs. It's because they likely had a lawyer's agreement pre-trial not to bring up past romantic relationships on either side. This is why AH's previous arrest for DV against her ex wife/GF has not come up yet. But AH has apparently opened the door by volunteering this allegation about Kate Moss. This could mean they can now offer evidence pertaining to AH's past abusive relationships or offer character witness statements from JD's past intimate partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is JD's team kept fighting for it because the ACLU kept refusing (due to push-back from AH - maybe even EM?). If AH had made the donations herself... as she promised and claimed... she would have been eager (proud) for the ACLU to disclose. jmo

Okay that makes sense .. I just keep wondering how they found out that she never made the donations. I can see how their refusal to cooperate made them question it even more! Thank you!

<modsnip>

Some people were wondering why Ben Chew was fist pumping the air after AH talked about JH allegedly throwing Kate Moss down the stairs. It's because they likely had a lawyer's agreement pre-trial not to bring up past romantic relationships on either side. This is why AH's previous arrest for DV against her ex wife/GF has not come up yet. But AH has apparently opened the door by volunteering this allegation about Kate Moss. This could mean they can now offer evidence pertaining to AH's past abusive relationships or offer character witness statements from JD's past intimate partners.
That is exactly what I inferred after seeing the fist bump clip of trial, and listening to legal 'opinion' you tubers. JD's team has tried repeatedly to get AH's previous DV relationship admitted. She ( AH ) literally blew the proverbial 'door' off it's hinges, by bringing up JD's past relationship. That is exactly the delicious part I was referring to earlier. JD's team said "Go ahead...make my day" .....and she did. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks so much for bringing this up! I meant to ask about this because I somehow missed it yesterday when she brought up Kate Moss. LOVE the fist bump! In the past few weeks I've come across statements from all JD's past girlfriends/wives because they all have spoken up on SM about how gentle and kind he was. I even saw Eddie Vedder's wife say similar supportive statements. Since AH opened the door to past relationships, I wondered if they could bring JD's past girlfriends/wives into court. AH seems so desperate to get JD to look at her and make eye contact. Of course she is failing epically. I would love to see how she might react if to see all the beautiful former girlfriend/wives speak fondly of him despite the fact that their relationship with JD didn't work out and JD smiling warmly at these other women. I imagine she would be seething and super jealous.

Thanks so much for bringing this up! I meant to ask about this because I somehow missed it yesterday when she brought up Kate Moss. LOVE the fist bump! In the past few weeks I've come across statements from all JD's past girlfriends/wives because they all have spoken up on SM about how gentle and kind he was. I even saw Eddie Vedder's wife say similar supportive statements. Since AH opened the door to past relationships, I wondered if they could bring JD's past girlfriends/wives into court. AH seems so desperate to get JD to look at her and make eye contact. Of course she is failing epically. I would love to see how she might react if to see all the beautiful former girlfriend/wives speak fondly of him despite the fact that their relationship with JD didn't work out and JD smiling warmly at these other women. I imagine she would be seething and super jealous.
I appreciate your wishes, I totally get it. Realistically though, that would be a little too much "Hollywood" for the Virginia courts. IMO, AH knows all too well what his past partners think of her. That is partly why she 'defamed' JD to begin with. It is all about her.

I’m pretty sure they had some way of knowing; or at least ‘strongly suspecting’, and hey… JD is clearly a man on a mission.

Joining this party (here) a little late but ... I'm just wondering if the letter from Jennifer to Whitney has been posted here already? If not, I'll link to it ...
Please do! I don’t think we have…

That is exactly what I inferred after seeing the fist bump clip of trial, and listening to legal 'opinion' you tubers. JD's team has tried repeatedly to get AH's previous DV relationship admitted. She ( AH ) literally blew the proverbial 'door' off it's hinges, by bringing up JD's past relationship. That is exactly the delicious part I was referring to earlier. JD's team said "Go ahead...make my day" .....and she did. :oops:
iIRC she also stuck Kate Moss vague allegation into her UK docs… again, this is somewhat known, if Amber had been alive in the 80s she would have known this, this is the ‘trash the hotel room’ incident at the NYC Mark Hotel… whatever happened then. Kate Moss is crazy about JD and has openly said that it took her ‘years’ to get over the pain of breaking up with him (and yes… she’s said years ago that he initiated the breakup)…

I thought everyone might be interested in seeing the Amber photo catalog of the post finger devastation, as she submitted into evidence:

I may have lost my place and skipped over one, but it’s IMO ludicrous.

Nothing I saw in those pictures flashing on the screen would trigger either of AH or JD to cringe or cry, Imo.

She seems to think that mysterious photos of the rain drenched outside of their borrowed Australian residence, in fact proves anything (I seem to recall the phone technician guy said Amber has plenty of random ‘prove-nothing’ pictures of placid beautiful geographical features… he’s not wrong from what I see); and again, it’s HER side who seems to think this proves something… this is what they thought would serve as clinchers…

AFAIK, the overwhelming majority of the pictures - including the Maker’s Mark bottle… take place in the bedroom… as I thought Heard had said amply (maybe I’m wrong) her assault took place in ‘the bar area’ where Ben King found JD finger… that’s clearly IMO some type of bedside table… the bottle is clean, don’t worry… the only ‘bar photo’ I found for certain from context, was the broken ping pong table, and the carpet walking path around it, is indeed devoid of any signs of glass, blood, urine etc…

Other than that, she has several pictures of the same broken lamp - none of the purported ‘broken phone’ - several pictures of a different broken wicker item (another lamp?) on an end table - a round dent in one wall where JD probably pegged part of the lamp at some point - some blood spatters - and 4 pictures of him sleeping , lol.

I also would love to know, why and how she’s managed to take photos where she has shrouded her side of the guest house bed in utter blackness. It scarcely seems organic… wouldn’t this be the money shot, if she’s trying to prove that at any point he climbed on top of her etc.? Literally, it’s nothing… if you discount the blood, she might as well be taking pictures for Zillow. Laughable.

Last edited:
I missed you all today. :cool: I had to while away the time tending my mega-pint.

I'm not at all surprised with the "spokesperson" releases from both sides. I think AH's team took the temp of the internet and discovered her career no longer had a pulse.

From what I understand, AH is allowed to speak with her attorneys and PR team but cannot speak about the testimony she's given on the stand. 'Just like the jurors being instructed not to read, search, discuss the case while away... and the judge takes everyone at their word (unless some proof to the contrary is presented). Trust. (Or, of course, leave no trace ;))

Also, there's a mega-pint of days between now and when AH resumes her (direct) testimony, AND I have no doubt that new PR team is working on some attempts at poof and voila (magic). All JMO ;)
Oh, I forgot to mention, IMO new PR team is 1,000 percent behind the ‘photoshopping of tears on Amber which appeared on the cover of the NY Post’ - and which I now believe utterly is not a figment of my or our OP’s imagination or wishes - because at the end of April (I think the 27th) the NYP article was all pro-JD; and now all of a sudden, they’re (more than one article) overwhelmingly pro-Amber and slandering JD… David Wossname must have an extant prime working relationship with someone at the Post.

Is this “normal” for a spokesperson to come out with a statement mid-trial? I don’t recall ever seeing anything like this before.

I agree with others who have said they can’t wait for the cross of AH! While WS was down I was viewing videos of earlier testimony, including Dr. Curry’s time on the stand. I really admired her ability to stand up to EB on the cross examination!!! I’ve also been viewing several body language experts’ videos as I find them fascinating.

I see a man who looks tired and full of grief and regret; someone who has logged too many miles.

I see a foolish woman whose youth is rapidly fading, and seemingly not being replaced by the grace and beauty that comes when a life is well lived. I also see a woman who is fearful, not of the man, but of what she has gotten herself in to. She realizes she is in way over her head, and is scrambling.

The whole situation is really very sad. Has the last two years not taught us that life is way too short for this type of ugliness?

Amateur opinion and speculation
Oh, I’m certain at this point that he is miserable he threw his life and relationship with Vanessa Paradis away, chasing after this (IMO) life-ruiner harpy as part of a (rather extreme) midlife crisis, instead of sticking around committing his energies to working it out.

He knows; and she (Amber), I agree is quite literally fake-crying for nothing less than her life, or at least her and her child’s future; which is why she’s now gone beyond ‘doubling down’, and into extra innings tripling down on the farce and melodrama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak