Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94
Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99
Thread #100
Thread #101

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

Let's look back a year ago to the rock & statue memorial Barry & his daughters created for Suzanne.

Apparently a resurrection of some kind has occurred since then & they don't know what happened to her? Isn't a memorial to honor the dead?

LS reported on it but Iris wants to ignore it. Like all the other circumstantial evidence.

Perhaps in future, this should be exhibit 1 in court.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-072902_(1).png
    Screenshot_20220507-072902_(1).png
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 7
Let's look back a year ago to the rock & statue memorial Barry & his daughters created for Suzanne.

Apparently a resurrection of some kind has occurred since then & they don't know what happened to her? Isn't a memorial to honor the dead?

LS reported on it but Iris wants to ignore it. Like all the other circumstantial evidence.

Perhaps in future, this should be exhibit 1 in court.

Afaik, the sculpture was used before, but I've forgotten, by whom for whom (family). Perhaps they thought, because of that it wouldn't mean a memorial for a dead person?? Idk.

@MassGuy said- He does. He looks like he's aged 10 years in the past 2. I guess the stress of murder takes a toll on your body.
Poor Barry.

Perhaps because he knows what Linda Stanley said is true? Charges have been dropped, yes. He's a free man. His daughters stand by his side. His attorney is on a mission to destroy Linda Stanley and sway public opinion. He remains silent, intentionally looking pitiful.

But the snow in a certain area is melting by the minute. The sand in the hourglass never stops, maybe his time as a free man is limited and he knows it. What choice does he have but to continue with the lies?

There is no doubt in my mind, Barry killed Suzanne.

Perhaps because he knows what Linda Stanley said is true? Charges have been dropped, yes. He's a free man. His daughters stand by his side. His attorney is on a mission to destroy Linda Stanley and sway public opinion. He remains silent, intentionally looking pitiful.

But the snow in a certain area is melting by the minute. The sand in the hourglass never stops, maybe his time as a free man is limited and he knows it. What choice does he have but to continue with the lies?

No doubt in my mind either.

You know... you just have to wonder if the man feels any guilt at all, not only for what he did to Suzanne, but the massive lie his girls (and probably his family) believe, and how devastated they'll be when the truth of his actions finally does come out. Or, is it possible he's crossed that line and he's already convinced himself he's innocent?

Yes, one happy circumstance is that the weather is getting much warmer, forecasted to be in the 80s for Salida!

No doubt in my mind either.

You know... you just have to wonder if the man feels any guilt at all, not only for what he did to Suzanne, but the massive lie his girls (and probably his family) believe, and how devastated they'll be when the truth of his actions finally does come out. Or, is it possible he's crossed that line and he's already convinced himself he's innocent?
He has to keep the lie going as long as possible. Unfortunately the investigation, prosecution, and Judge Llama made it possible for him to spin a narrative that was never challenged. She disappeared on a bike ride, after spending a great night together. The steak and sex were so good she ignored and stopped communicating with everyone she has ever known or loved.

I think BM in his mind has justified murdering Suzanne. His reasoning will be that he saved her from her life of sin. Never mind anything he's done. She was the sinner who stepped out of line and needed to be punished to save her from herself. I think, like Scott Peterson, he will never admit anything, ever, no matter what is shown to be hard cold irrefutable fact. He's going to ride this all the way down. I think like Peterson he'll continue to have familial support, at least publicly. Behind closed doors may be an entirely different story.

I hope he appreciates every day he is out walking around in the world as a gift, because it is.

moo

General thoughts on the video:
Dissonance. Denial. Fear. Enmeshment.
Maybe my projection.

IE: Hubris—did she think 1) BM would come across well & believable, even for a moment, & that 2) GMA would edit favorably? Plus, that 3) news outlets, rags, & otherwise would swallow this without their own spins?

Where’s Dru? (I’d run, too) Only MO.

Looks like a Norm Pattis (Dulos case) tour.

YMMV

Yes, one happy circumstance is that the weather is getting much warmer, forecasted to be in the 80s for Salida!
I think everyone clings to the hope that someone with first hand knowledge came forth and told LE where Suzanne was recently. A body and informant would be enough to get a new trial. In the absence of that in my opinion I don’t see anything happening in the near term unfortunately.

Two main things I came away with after watching the clip of the cringe GMA “interview”:

1) Liar.
2) Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt.

When is someone going to conduct a real interview with BM and ask him the tough questions? Oh that’s right! NEVER. Because neither BM nor IE would ever agree/allow such a thing. That GMA piece was nothing more than an orchestrated couple of brief statements after charges were dismissed, and the spin doctor IE’s attempt at swaying public opinion, pontificating that an innocent man was being framed by inept authorities. Sadly, the majority of GMA’s audience likely haven’t followed the case closely and will buy into the spin. *Sigh*

I had to chuckle at BM stating he still loves his wife and wants her found while shaking his head side-to-side in the negative aka, no. Shades of the pathetic 26 second FB video he put out one week after Suzanne went “missing”, with a similar staged concerned face ‘pleading’ to Suzanne “Oh Suzanne”, and the abductors lol “however much they want, we’ll do whatever it takes to get you back, NO QUESTIONS ASKED” yada, yada, yada, and “honey, I love you so much and want you back so bad” while throughout the video, shaking his head side to side in the negative-no.
Oh Barry. Can’t hide or control what your subconscious knows, tells/reveals.

One last thought, judging by his burnt/fried/tanned skin, amazing he has the time to hit the tanning booth while doing whatever it takes and searching for his missing wife.
#sarcasm.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-punctuation, clarity

Last edited:

[. ]

“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

Eytan said she planned to file a complaint with the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel, an arm of the Colorado Supreme Court which helps regulate attorney diversion and discipline, among other duties. Once a request for an investigation is made, then it’s up to the office to decide whether or not it will take it on.

[. ]

Eytan accused the investigation of being so fixated on Morphew as his wife’s murderer, they have only searched in areas where he could have hid her body instead of considering other options.

“Instead of looking where Barry might have murdered her they need to look where Suzanne might have been abducted," Eytan said. "Talk about garbage. That’s what this case is. Garbage in. Garbage out.”

[. ]

Eytan said the investigation didn’t sufficiently follow up on unidentified DNA discovered on Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle, on her bike helmet or in her car. A tracking dog brought into the case followed her scent to an area of the Arkansas River, which was never explored. Investigators found a half of a cup of coffee on the counter the day she went missing and a bowl of cat food waiting to be put in a dish at the family home.

Barry Morphew, Eytan said, doesn’t drink coffee and he never fed the cat.

“The fact is, they never followed up on any leads,” Eytan said. “I know Barry wasn't involved in Suzanne's disappearance But i wish I knew what happened just as much as anybody else."

Both sides of the Morphew family have squared off in the months since she disappeared, with Suzanne's family aligned with the prosecution's theory and Barry's fiercely in his corner.

Both sides have had an extremely emotional two years.

Suzanne Morphew's sister, Melinda Moorman, was not impressed with the GMA appearance. "The 'interview' appearance on GMA was weak and without effectiveness in my view. The Colorado law enforcement authorities continue to investigate and I remain hopeful that in time what was done in secret will be brought to light.

She told The Gazette that finding Suzanne's remains are the top priority.

[. ]

“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

Eytan said she planned to file a complaint with the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel, an arm of the Colorado Supreme Court which helps regulate attorney diversion and discipline, among other duties. Once a request for an investigation is made, then it’s up to the office to decide whether or not it will take it on.

[. ]

Eytan accused the investigation of being so fixated on Morphew as his wife’s murderer, they have only searched in areas where he could have hid her body instead of considering other options.

“Instead of looking where Barry might have murdered her they need to look where Suzanne might have been abducted," Eytan said. "Talk about garbage. That’s what this case is. Garbage in. Garbage out.”

[. ]

Eytan said the investigation didn’t sufficiently follow up on unidentified DNA discovered on Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle, on her bike helmet or in her car. A tracking dog brought into the case followed her scent to an area of the Arkansas River, which was never explored. Investigators found a half of a cup of coffee on the counter the day she went missing and a bowl of cat food waiting to be put in a dish at the family home.

Barry Morphew, Eytan said, doesn’t drink coffee and he never fed the cat.

“The fact is, they never followed up on any leads,” Eytan said. “I know Barry wasn't involved in Suzanne's disappearance But i wish I knew what happened just as much as anybody else."
What difference does the cup of coffee and the bowl of cat food make? Easily explained - it was from the day before he killed her. Suzanne was sunbathing and talking to Jeff Leibler, she hadn't gotten around to washing the cup or putting the food down for the cat's meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member