Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think she knew they’d abandon the car quickly and that’s why she didn’t want to spend a lot on it. I have a feeling she only bought a cheap burner car because she doesn’t know how to Hotwire one and wouldn’t be comfortable hijacking someone. But now she has him to do the dirty work.
When you hot wire, without a key to turn off the ignition, how do you stop for restroom, gas, etc?

I bet Vicky is holed away in safety scrolling on the internet laughing at the people who don’t believe she can plan. A whole country full of LE and the best they’ve done so far is figure out that seven days ago she stole a car in Indiana. LOL. She’s probably in some remote hideaway in another state yelling to CW, “Oh they just found out about the stop in Indiana from last week. Look out, they’re closing in!” ;)

Agreed. Add to this, she may have been manic (in fact, setting out on a plan like this would make most of us manic) which leads to over-confidence, and overlooking pitfalls and the possibility of mishaps.

I never did believe in the second car, or RV, or cabin. I honestly don’t think she looked that far ahead. Money and escape were her main focus, and she did well in those 2 areas.
Stealing cars leaves a trail of breadcrumbs to follow and makes it more likely they will get caught. It draws attention to an area, to a street, to a time. Now I can go look at cameras, what are they wearing? are they together? what are they carrying? What if they steal a car with GPS in it? I can find mine wherever it is.

It means she didn't really plan this out much past day 1. I think people are giving her undeserved credit for stockpiling cash and taking it from multiple banks, but remember she sold her house at less than half market value in the hottest real estate market ever and we all knew about the cash within a day. LE knew about her orange car on day 1. The only thing she got away with here is that they trusted her when she said she was taking him to an appointment. She didn't think about this for months and make an elaborate plan. She is on the run.

A little off topic but that guy (previous inmate that knew Casey fairly well) was so well spoken to have lived the life he's obviously lived.
He does sound well-spoken and educated. He says he's turned his life around and is trying to help by imparting his knowledge of Casey's temperament and habits.

I certainly hope he makes a better life for his future. I wonder if LE is taking seriously this guy's suggestion about the national park he thinks Casey would've gone to disappear.

Also, I notice his accent has much less of a drawl than Casey did in the video that was posted of Casey in that standoff, waiting for the sheriff to come. Even though this guy says he grew up around there.

He seems credible to me. Too bad the one that needed to hear it is the one who helped Casey escape. Kind of a moot point for Vicky, anyway, since she already knew his criminal history and apparently didn't care. Probably thought she could change him, even though most of us believe that to be fruitless.

ETA: I'm thrilled of course that a clue has been found. However, if she really is thinking ahead, there's a possibility that they aren't still heading in this apparent direction. They could potentially have doubled back and still are heading South. I'd be watchful anywhere with them on the run.

IMO

Last edited:
Hmmm…looks like the “plan” didn’t hold up very well. That’s got to be a source of discord between these two.

Oh Vicky…what were you thinking?

Well, Evansville, Indiana huh? Maybe heading to Illinois?

My route back is through Louisville, to Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and then Port Huron and the Border. These guys have veered west.

I get the feeling that they may be running scared.

The implosion may not be far off.

MOO
Nah. IMHO they were in Evansville last week. These poor cops are WAY behind. The car was reported stolen on the day of the escape and they only just now found it? Yeah, IMO they have a looooong way to go yet. This pair could be anywhere from Canada to Maine to Wyoming by now.

I think this just goes to show that the planning may not have been all that insightful. Granted, she stocked up on lingerie and sex toys but neglected to buy a car that could go the distance. What does that tell us?

And here we thought she had spent months stocking a cabin, buying gas and hiding all that stuff away. But alas no! They are on the run, not hunkered down as we thought.

Can’t imagine the tension.

This may come to an end sooner than Many of us thought.

MOO

I bet Vicky is holed away in safety scrolling on the internet laughing at the people who don’t believe she can plan. A whole country full of LE and the best they’ve done so far is figure out that seven days ago she stole a car in Indiana. LOL. She’s probably in some remote hideaway in another state yelling to CW, “Oh they just found out about the stop in Indiana from last week. Look out, they’re closing in!” ;)
Ha. Yeah, will the person who is smarter than VW’s plan please raise your hand and tell us her location so we can go pick her up? Lol

Last edited:
I think this just goes to show that the planning may not have been all that insightful. Granted, she stocked up on lingerie and sex toys but neglected to buy a car that could go the distance. What does that tell us?

And here we thought she had spent months stocking a cabin, buying gas and hiding all that stuff away. But alas no! They are on the run, not hunkered down as we thought.

Can’t imagine the tension.

This may come to an end sooner than Many of us thought.

MOO
JMHO but I think avoiding cameras is a big strategy for her so avoiding gas stations might be necessary. I actually saw a video circulating this morning where a gas station camera caught her patrol car driving down the road immediately after her escape.

I think they are long gone from Evansville by now. I am not even convinced they are still running. They may have arrived at a destination by now. If they pulled all of their dirty work the first two days, the cops are only just now finding out. They (CW and VW) are SO far ahead still. MHOO.

I think you steal a car with gas in the tank and trade to a new car every time it gets low. You wouldn’t have to turn it off at a stop for the restroom etc though.
If the strategy was to dump a burner car a few hours after the escape and then switch to steeling cars to make your way from there is a shakey plan to say the least. It just opens you up to cameras to determine who was involved and potential leads of what they looked like at the time. Regardless, if this is their plan then it is grossly different than the smarter plan of escape and going underground for a few months. the more cars that get stolen across the country will lead to just more LE researching and expediting those cases which will catch up LE to them sooner than later.

Do you have a link for that, I'd like to see that report.
There’s a bunch in the thread, including a text shared yesterday that showed the emergency alert that went out on phones.

If you check Twitter and FB, several branches of LE also posted it.

Here is one example of them being armed: Vicky White, Casey White believed armed with AR-15, shotgun: Missing jailer, suspect’s vehicle described

Here’s one of many articles that reported she claimed the firearm training as an excuse: New details emerge about the relationship between an Alabama inmate and corrections officer as search continues

Here’s another: Everything We Know About Vicky White So Far - Grunge

Here’s the Sheriff saying she was armed so they expect he is: Police seek North Alabama jailer who disappeared with inmate after selling home, retiring

Here’s an article that lists all the guns that she likely has on her: New video shows Vicky White on morning of prison escape

If the strategy was to dump a burner car a few hours after the escape and then switch to steeling cars to make your way from there is a shakey plan to say the least. It just opens you up to cameras to determine who was involved and potential leads of what they looked like at the time. Regardless, if this is their plan then it is grossly different than the smarter plan of escape and going underground for a few months. the more cars that get stolen across the country will lead to just more LE researching and expediting those cases which will catch up LE to them sooner than later.
For sure. Everything opens you up to cameras in this car and age though! Seems like they decided to take the risks.

When you hot wire, without a key to turn off the ignition, how do you stop for restroom, gas, etc?

If it's an older car where you have to twist the wires together to complete the circuit and leave them twisted together, untwist them to break the circuit and the car will shut off.

In newer cars, you might only touch the ignition wires together momentarily to start it and then they are no longer touching. So there's no circuit to break to shut it down.

In any car, pulling the spark plug wires off the spark plugs will cause it to peter out and stall. Probably need to pull 2 or 3 only. And then replace the spark plug wires and touch the wires again to start it.

In older GM cars, once you cracked the steering column, there was a lever or bar type thing you could pull up with pliers to start the car and then, iirc, push down/in to shut them down. Been a while since I had a GM car stolen and had to drive it that way until it got fixed. But I had 2 stolen when living in Detroit and both worked the same way after recovery from the tow yard. Needed pliers to start em and I think you tap down down or push in on that bar to shut em down.

Last edited:
I don't know if someone has already posted this; probably, as I haven't been able to totally catch up with this thread! I heard this on tv this morning and here's an article regarding CW's mental issues and need for medication. Apparently he needs meds for his mental condition but now is probably not taking them...and he tends to self-medicate on meth when he is not on prescription drugs...(p.s. for some reason this appears to be about covid but scroll down a little at the link...it's also about CW). I copied and pasted the excerpt.
"Dale Bryant, who was White’s public defender in his appeal against 2019 convictions for a slew of violent crimes, told local news outlets that in his mind White could be drawn into a firefight with police if he is not on his meds. “When Casey is on his medication and in jail in a structured environment, Casey’s an alright guy,’’ Bryant told AL.com without disclosing his mental illness diagnosis. “You’d never know he was a danger because he’s medicated and in a structured environment.”

ADVERTISING

casey_kbvufw

U.S. Marshals​

When he is not—as was apparently the case when he tried to kill an ex-girlfriend, took three people hostage, and fatally shot a dog—anything could happen. “When he’s off his medication, he usually self-medicates through drugs, usually methamphetamine, and that’s when things become a problem,’’ Bryant said. “Because even if you don’t have a mental illness and you’re on methamphetamine, you become paranoid, irrational, impulsive, and if you take someone with mental illness, it just exacerbates that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie