Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sundog, from seeing your posts over time, it's obvious that you are a kind person and you give everyone the benefit of a doubt.

I personally have no patience with the sheriff when his comments prove hurtful to Vicky's mom, brothers, nephew and friends. He is supposed to be a professional and his grief does not trump the hurt that Vicky's family is feeling. He needs to dig deep and govern his comments to professional statements that can be backed up by proof which is not available yet. MOO

I think he said that they would be looking into it to confirm that she shot herself. That is the same thing that the Indiana Sheriff Wedding said today at his press conference, more or less, IIRC. So I don't think what he said is unusual. And I would think that VW's mother would also want the investigation to be certain how it ended. JMO.

I haven't heard. Either a citizen tip or they spotted the Cadillac parked there. JMO.

The Sheriff said today at the presser that an observant LE officer in the area was driving around doing his/her daily rounds and saw the Cadillac and called it in, and then when other LE arrived, they waited and watched as they didn't want a shoot out at the motel in case innocent bystanders got hurt. When CW and VW left their room and got in the Cadillac, that's when the car chase began.

Good point; it was only a little over a week ago, that she potentially had a bright retirement ahead of her. Savings, a very solid pension, a home, an unblemished work record with commendations, even. She could have had a nice life: international travel, whatever she wanted. But instead of going for that, she chose to make a series of decisions, that cut her life short within a week. Wow. That's really sad.

I wonder what that "dark side" was about, that the former co-worker they interviewed mentioned? Where/how did a "dark side" develop? Had she had a rough childhood? Was it the stress of working in LE and the prison system? We'll probably never know, unless her mother says something. Her mother must be in total grief and confusion right now.
The strange thing is, she obviously didn’t value all that (solid pension, respectable career, home, retirement travel, etc.). You don’t throw away what you value. In fact, she was acting like a homeless person: No future, nothing worth holding onto, no career or reputation. Just grab love from another who is lacking all of that. The question is: WHY? What made her view herself as having nothing worth holding onto?

I haven't heard. Either a citizen tip or they spotted the Cadillac parked there. JMO.

In the presser today, IIRC, it was stated that a LEO, just on patrol and checking parking lots, spotted the car, and they then set up surveillance. They most likely knew the car to be looking for based on information gotten from...car wash manager. JMO

Last edited:
my thoughts early on as well. He is too erratic.

Imagine trying to do a police lineup with CW? where you gonna find 5 other 6'9"<modsnip> guys in small town Alabama. Probably they'd have to throw him in with a bunch of six foot tall guys. "Do you recognize the perp?" "Well, it's a close call, but I'm pretty sure he's the one that's a foot taller than the other guys in the lineup."

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly— each needed love and got it from each other.

Do you believe it was worth it? If they were mutually in love? I don't believe he cared about her at all except as a means of escape, but let's say you are right.

Two years of a clandestine affair with the man in prison and unable to reciprocate in a normal relationship. Two years of Vicky having to skulk around and hide what she was doing from her family and her colleagues and bosses.

To end up after 10 or 11 days as fugitives, with Vicky dead and Casey back to square one, with even more charges against him.

Her mother, siblings and nephew with no recourse for closure in their grief. Their daughter's name sullied forever.

This picture from the Daily Mail, with LE exhibiting all the weaponry they had in the car---is their "love" more important than the lives they were planning to take?

IMO, not at all. Who the hell are they that they believed their sordid affair was the only thing that mattered?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 14
That's interesting as far as what happens with the cash, vehicles, guns. Since the property is in Indiana I think Indiana would have to seize it? Or possibly the Feds. But if they aren't charging him with a crime and they can't charge VW with a crime, then due to recent changes in Indiana law that increased requirements for civil forfeiture, I think at least Indiana would not be able to keep the cash, guns and cars via civil forfeiture.

Since as far as we know VW obtained all the cash and cars and guns legally, I think for the Feds to forfeit it they would need to charge VW with a federal crime--and they obviously can't do that. Fed civil forfeiture without a conviction is only permitted if the property being seized is proceeds from criminal activity--usually drug or theft related.

That said, civil forfeiture is a nightmare area of law. The government can seize property and put the burden on the property owner to prove in court they are entitled to the return of the property. The law is shifting toward tighter restrictions on the government's ability to engage in civil forfeiture absent a conviction for a crime. But there are still limited situations where they can seize and keep assets without securing a related conviction.
ETA this is from a couple days ago before they were found.

This may have already been addressed, but as far as purchasing the vehicles legally..

Vicky White, who had already been charged with permitting or facilitating escape in the first degree, is now also charged with forgery in the second degree and identity theft, according to a warrant shared with CBS News by the Lauderdale County Sheriff's Office. A spokesperson for the sheriff's office told CBS News that the charges are related to her alleged use of an alias to buy a 2007 Ford Edge used in the pair's escape.

The strange thing is, she obviously didn’t value all that (solid pension, respectable career, home, retirement travel, etc.). You don’t throw away what you value. In fact, she was acting like a homeless person: No future, nothing worth holding onto, no career or reputation. Just grab love from another who is lacking all of that. The question is: WHY? What made her view herself as having nothing worth holding onto?
I wonder if she thought her affair with CW had been discovered, and she was about to be fired, and would forfeit her pension. Something along those lines. Also the actual escape seems rushed, even if a vague plan existed. Buying mens clothes in the days before can't be in the plan.

In the presser today, IIRC, it was stated that a LEO, just on patrol and checking parking lots, spotted the car, and they then set up surveillance. They most likely knew the car to be looking for based on information gotten from...car wash guy. JMO
Yes. The car wash manager stated that he saw CW being picked up by VW in the Cadillac. However he did not disclose that to the media, only to the police. So police knew about the Cadillac, and the patrol LE happened to see it in the parking lot.
Cadillac...jeez, another rather noticeable vehicle.

Do you believe it was worth it? If they were mutually in love? I don't believe he cared about her at all except as a means of escape, but let's say you are right.

Two years of a clandestine affair with the man in prison and unable to reciprocate in a normal relationship. Two years of Vicky having to skulk around and hide what she was doing from her family and her colleagues and bosses.

To end up after 10 or 11 days as fugitives, with Vicky dead and Casey back to square one, with even more charges against him.

Her mother, siblings and nephew with no recourse for closure in their grief. Their daughter's name sullied forever.

This picture from the Daily Mail, with LE exhibiting all the weaponry they had in the car---is their "love" more important than the lives they were planning to take?

IMO, not at all. Who the hell are they that they believed their sordid affair was the only thing that mattered?
Yes, point taken — but my saying they may have loved each other in no way negates any of your points. It’s not saying, well, they loved each other so a shootout was their right.

Last edited:

Major longterm depression is possible.

I've seen people walk away from long term marriages, give up their families, including children, and property to start a new life. Leave longterm successful careers. Depression, serious midlife crises.

It happens.

I wonder if she thought her affair with CW had been discovered, and she was about to be fired, and would forfeit her pension. Something along those lines. Also the actual escape seems rushed, even if a vague plan existed. Buying mens clothes in the days before can't be in the plan.
Interesting…so you think maybe she got wind of someone ratting her out, so she thought, well, I’m about to lose my job and reputation, maybe get criminally charged for the affair, so may as well spring him out and go out in a blaze of glory…..?
That would sure explain A LOT.
Do you think if true it’ll come out?

I think he may have been in shock, too. Think of being freed from prison, caught, witnessing the death of your co-conspirator, etc. While I agree he's abnormal, I also think he has some human reflexes. JMO
The question was asked of the sheriff if Casey expressed any remorse for Vicky's death. The sherriff emphatically stated No. It felt to me like just the sheriff saying the right LE thing to fit the narrative. Casey is/was in jail rightfully being held accountable for his crimes. Crimes he committed IMO while off his meds and seemingly self medicating with meth and other drugs that made him violent. But it would seem, from what his lawyer said, that when on his medication in a structured surrounding he is a pretty decent guy aka a human being. So yes I believe there is remorse there. In other words he is not a psychopath. Just a guy a little slow with mental illness that probably has a different label.
And yes a criminal.

The sheriff also said that per Casey, Casey was prepared to have a shoot out with them but could not regroup fast enough after the accident. Feels off to me that he so willingly surrendered then. I watched the tape of the crash. No resisting, no fighting, no screaming. Vicky had time to kill herself, you would think with all those guns in the car Casey could have lunged for one to kill himself or a few members of LE too. Maybe he was just too stunned in that split second watching Vicky shoot herself. And, seemingly on his meds, maybe he had no will to die after all. ALL JUST IMO

She wouldn't have lost her state pension if she was fired for having an affair with an inmate. She would only lose her state pension if she committed a felony.

Yes. The car wash manager stated that he saw CW being picked up by VW in the Cadillac. However he did not disclose that to the media, only to the police. So police knew about the Cadillac, and the patrol LE happened to see it in the parking lot.
Cadillac...jeez, another rather noticeable vehicle.

I wonder how many Cadillacs are parked at Motel 6 in Evansville, Indiana. (Or Motel 41 as that hotel is called now. )

Maybe VW didn't want a retirement party with cupcakes and a plaque. Maybe she wanted notoriety. And found a way to get it.

This shoot out -- where did they imagine it happening? At the Motel6? From their vehicle? At a specific time or whenever LE caught up to them?

Communication devices -- maybe it was no accident they were holed up near the sheriff's department. Convenient for monitoring police chatter.

Was that the plan? Choose the time and day based on what local LEOs were discussing, then call 9-1-1 themselves and bring LE right to their shoot-out arena? Maybe call it in as a medical emergency in the hopes of catching 1st responders in their line of fire?

Where were they headed in the Cadillac? Had they cleared out of their hotel or were they looking for burgers and had to pivot, trying to recreate their upper-hand shoot-out with a makeshift, mobile one?

If LE had them under surveillance at the hotel, I'm eager to hear their logic. Effecting a traffic stop is frequently the safest way for a takedown (unless there's an arsenal and criminals bent on firing it). No evacuations of hotel guests, at least that we know about, so no plan by LE to ambush them, with a midnight raid, apparently.

It's unnerving to think a corrections officer intended to take lives.

And all for what? She's dead. Her family is devastated and thrust into a blinding spotlight. Money wasted, reputation squandered, a debris field of victims. A hotel with unwanted stigma, car owners forever connected to this mess.... no additional lives lost, thankfully, but livelihoods in jeopardy, worldviews corrupted.... "the Vicky we know wouldn't do this." And now she's gone, leaving a swath of grief behind her.

CW back in custody where he belongs.

I don't see the glory.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics