Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
After saying that the airbags were gonna go off and kill them, she said "the airbags are going off", then I can distinctly hear her say "Let's get out and run", and almost immediately after, it sounds like she says "get us back to the f'ing hotel". Not sure how he was supposed to do that if the car was already wrecked at that point. JMO
I also heard the remark about going back to the hotel. Did she really think that was possible at that point? JMO.

The 911 call is bizarre, I’m not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, Vicky doesn’t sound like she wants to die, but on the other, the portion of the call that’s been released happened before the crash, so perhaps she hoped to somehow get away from the police at that point. Then when the vehicle crashed, she realized it was over and made a split-second decision to take her own life. MOO.
I do like the idea that the car called 911 after the crash. That makes the most sense in this scenario.

The 911 call is bizarre, I’m not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, Vicky doesn’t sound like she wants to die, but on the other, the portion of the call that’s been released happened before the crash, so perhaps she hoped to somehow get away from the police at that point. Then when the vehicle crashed, she realized it was over and made a split-second decision to take her own life. MOO.

I agree with you. We don't have the whole call and we can't know her state of mind. Heck, we don't really know her thinking at all (no social media, no one other than mom who spoke about who she is and how she acts). We do know they had lots of guns. We did hear her state something about the motel. And, the released video of her after the accident (when the officer takes the gun out of her hand) seems to point that she shot herself-- they had to get someone on scene who could remove the gun to get her out of the car and begin to treat her.

Suicide is often a split second decision. In this case she had a gun in her hand and used it on her self--- according to the ME. We are all lucky that she chose that route rather than shooting at the cops who were coming to apprehend her and save her. She probably could have shot at close range at least one or may be more LE.

According to the presser, they left 29k at the motel and guns. It is clear to me that she knew she was on borrowed time. She spent a tremendous amount of money with no real plan to get out of the area beyond where they drove to. With CW believing that they would engage in a fire fight with LE, I tend to think that she was okay with the situation going this way for whatever reason she had. JMHO.

I think since we're apparently not hearing all of it that VW may have been talking to CW that she had her hand on the trigger perhaps in saying she's ready to ditch the car and run. Then with all the PIT maneuvers she accidentally shot herself - having your hand on the trigger while in a moving car that's being repeatedly hit isn't exactly safe.

Last edited:
I think since we're apparently all of it that VW may have been talking to CW that she had her hand on the trigger perhaps in saying she's ready to ditch the car and run. Then with all the PIT maneuvers she accidentally shot herself - having your hand on the trigger while in a moving car that's being repeatedly hit isn't exactly safe.
The coroner said the manner of death was suicide, so they have evidence that points to it being intentional.

I just watched the videos. As someone who lost a close friend to a self inflicted gun shot wound to the head it is absolutely heart breaking. Regardless of how she chose to carry on the last week of her life it's still saddening that she died that way. CW seemed genuinely concerned for her IMO. He's a violent criminal who has murdered in the past but he was still emotionally impacted by that. He seemed frustrated that it was taking LE so long to administer aid. From the outside looking in it's obvious that LE did their best under the circumstances. I'm glad that no one else was hurt.

Sheriff Dave Wedding said that Casey White had been speaking with investigators throughout the night after he was captured.

Wedding told CNN that Vicky White was on the phone with 911 during the chase, telling them that she had a gun to her head.

By the time officers got to them, she had apparently shot herself, Wedding said. Casey White told first responders to help “his wife,” though the two were not married, telling officers that he didn’t shoot her, CNN reported.

Update 9:25 p.m. EDT May 9
: Vanderburgh County Sheriff Dave Wedding confirmed Vicky White’s death to The Associated Press just after 9 p.m. EDT Monday. Earlier in the evening, Wedding characterized Vicky White’s self-inflicted injuries as “very serious” following a police pursuit and rollover crash.

Funny, that's not what I hear.

I appreciate everyone's perspectives. What part makes her a "full on criminal" in your view?

TIA

She's full alpha in trying to escape and evade LE. She's not exactly someone who meekly and unwittingly got caught up in fleeing LE with a convicted violent felon. If it was CW complaining about wanting to be at the hotel and talking about fleeing from the car that would be one thing, but she's the one driving the escape and evasion narrative.

I saw it reported earlier today that Casey called 911 and reported to them that his "wife" was shot, that he claimed he didn't do it, and that he wanted to get her help, I believe. Is this accurate? With all the new info coming out, false info coming out at first, I'm getting a bit confused I think.
Those statements came after he was out of the Cadillac from the videos I watched.

I also think she made the call because he was driving trying to avoid LE. And I haven't heard his voice on the LE videos.

Something else I'm curious about is some on SM saying her hand was on the trigger in a video. I haven't seen proof of that either. Anyone else?

Moo

Hard to know exactly what is and isn't true, atm. There is still contradictory information coming out about who was driving and who may have called 9-1-1 and when. If CW was driving, as now seems to be the case, the 9-1-1 call may have come either from VW, or the OnStar feature dialed 9-1-1 when the vehicle went into the ditch. JMO

Hopefully they can get the real facts squared away soon. Every time I step away from my computer, there's 25 new things and a bunch of old rumors debunked.
Initially we thought Casey was driving. Then we thought Vicky was driving with a gun in her hand and calling 911. Then it was reported that Casey was possibly driving, Vicky had the gun in her hand, and either one may have been calling? JMO IMO.

I saw it reported earlier today that Casey called 911 and reported to them that his "wife" was shot, that he claimed he didn't do it, and that he wanted to get her help, I believe. Is this accurate? With all the new info coming out, false info coming out at first, I'm getting a bit confused I think.

For some reason, I was thinking CW was saying those things as he was being pulled from the vehicle. ???

But I don't know. Jmo.

Hope there will be a clear transcription and timeline in coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown