Still Missing WY - Irene Gakwa, 32, Kenya native, living with a man, he's uncooperative, Gillette, 24 Feb 2022 *Arrest*

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
GILLETTE, Wyoming- The Gillette Police Department’s investigation into the disappearance of 32-year old Irene Gakwa continues. Information obtained through investigation suggests Irene went missing under suspicious circumstances. Irene was last seen in a video call with her parents on February 24, 2022. Irene was reported missing to the Gillette Police Department (GPD) on March 20, 2022 by her brother.

Since that time, GPD detectives have interviewed Irene’s friends and associates and have executed approximately 24 search warrants in efforts to locate her. Digital evidence, including location data, is also being analyzed and has provided positive leads.

GPD’s primary goal is to facilitate Irene’s safe return but our team continues to pursue all possibilities. GPD has confirmed that Irene lived with a man in Gillette up until her disappearance. The man is considered a person of interest; he has not made himself available to detectives looking to resolve questions that exist in the investigation.

As is common in this type of investigation, GPD is following a variety of leads. We are requesting the public’s assistance with one such lead, indicating that Irene may have been taken to a rural area, mine site or oil and gas location between February 24, 2022 and March 20, 2022 in a passenger vehicle or crossover SUV. If you have any information about suspicious activity in areas such as these, or any other information related to Irene’s disappearance, no matter how insignificant you believe it may be, please contact the Gillette Police Department at 307-682-5155.

278416600_353968740092901_5518306646738360560_n.jpg

The department has issued 24 search warrants in its efforts to find Irene Gakwa and is now asking for public assistance in locating the Kenya native.

Authorities Seek Help in Locating Missing Gillette Woman; Man Living With Woman Not Cooperative | Cowboy State Daily

ETA: Should be WY, not WA. Mod notified.

One tip indicated Gakwa may have been taken to a rural area, mine site or oil and gas location between Feb. 24 and March 20 in a passenger car or crossover SUV, according to a police press release.

Detectives also are following a number of other leads and continue to ask for the public’s help in finding Gakwa.

Gillette Police Department following lead in search for missing woman

Information obtained through investigation suggests Gakwa went missing under suspicious circumstances. She was last seen Feb. 24 in a video call with her parents.
Gillette Police following lead in search for missing woman
upload_2022-4-17_23-46-32.jpeg
The City of Gillette press release states, " Irene may have been taken to a rural area, mine site, or oil and gas location between February 24, 2022, and March 20, 2022, in a passenger vehicle or crossover SUV."

The Division of Criminal Investigation reports that Irene's phone "is currently not pinging on the network.”

“We receive tips daily and are following up on those and processing data from search warrant returns,” Lt. Brent Wasson told The Casper Star-Tribune.
A Wyoming Woman Video Chatted With Her Parents And Then Vanished. What Happened To Irene Gakwa? | The Vivid Faces of the Vanished | NewsBreak Original

“[We] have been able to confirm that Irene lived with a man in Gillette up until her disappearance,” GPD said in a statement. “The man is considered a person of interest; he has not made himself available to detectives looking to resolve questions that still exist in the investigation.”

The GPD is following a variety of leads, the statement continued, and the department is requesting the public’s assistance with a particular lead that suggests Gakwa was taken to a rural area, mine site, or oil and gas location between February 24 and March 20 in a passenger vehicle or crossover SUV.

“We have been able to interview multiple family members and known associates,” Gillette Deputy Chief of Police Brent Wasson said during a brief April 1 update on the investigation. “We have requested digital information and are processing some of those results and awaiting others.”

She has not been heard from since March 4, according to the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) missing person database, and her phone is not pinging on any network.
GPD, DCI continuing to investigate missing Gillette woman | County 17

Police detectives have interviewed Gakwa’s friends and associates and have executed about two dozen search warrants in efforts to find her, according to the press release. Digital evidence, including location data, is also being analyzed and has provided positive leads.
Gillette police looking for woman missing 'under suspicious circumstances'

The department has confirmed that Gakwa lived with a man in Gillette up until her disappearance. The man is considered a person of interest, and he has not made himself available to detectives looking to resolve questions that exist in the investigation.

“The man is considered a person of interest; he has not made himself available to detectives looking to resolve questions that still exist in the investigation.”
IMO I find it both curious and suspicious that this man hasn't been cooperating with LE up to this point.

Why hasn't LE released the POI's name? Perhaps if the public learns of his name they'll be able to provide more tips to help advance the investigation. MOO

Person of interest identified in ‘suspicious’ missing woman case | County 17
April 14, 2022

SBM
  • The man is considered a person of interest;...
  • Gakwa, described as a black woman approximately 5’1” tall and weighing approximately 89 pounds, ...
  • Residents with information relating to Gakwa’s disappearance, regardless of how insignificant it may appear, are urged to contact the GPD at (307) 682-5155.

@YaYa_521 I agree. This sounds like they are on to this POI so where's the secret? People who know either her or him could be helpful. I will give LE credit with all of the warrants they got but use SM and people who know both parties or may have seen them at some point to help. Ya never know. IMO

I agree with @swanniee11 and @YaYa_521 . If LE has identified a POI in Irene's disappearance then why no mention of his name?
According to police, she had been living with a man in Gillette until her disappearance. The man is reportedly not cooperating with investigators, and is considered a person of interest in the case.
Based on how this is worded, it's possible this might be yet another domestic violence situation. MOO. I hope I'm wrong.

The City of Gillette press release states, " Irene may have been taken to a rural area, mine site, or oil and gas location between February 24, 2022, and March 20, 2022, in a passenger vehicle or crossover SUV."
I'm wondering where this information came from? We don't know if this is an actual fact, but somehow LE must have received a tip about this, or has some unreleased information.
The department has confirmed that Gakwa lived with a man in Gillette up until her disappearance. The man is considered a person of interest, and he has not made himself available to detectives looking to resolve questions that exist in the investigation.
BBM.

That statement is very concerning. It's typically not a good sign when a spouse or partner refuses to assist LE in these MP cases. MOO

Search continues for missing Gillette woman
  • Apr 25, 2022
This week, Police Deputy Chief Brent Wasson said that detectives are continuing to follow up on leads and the information they have. There is no new information to release to the public at this time, and the investigation remains ongoing, he said.

Snip

Detectives have executed about two dozen search warrants in their search and interviewed Gakwa’s friends and associates. Digital evidence, such as location data, has been analyzed and provided positive leads, the press release said.
#more at link

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

NamUs #MP90106
Irene Gakwa,
Female, Black / African American
Date of Last Contact March 4, 2022
NamUs Case Created March 29, 2022
Missing From Gillette, Wyoming
Missing Age 32 Years
Height 5' 1" (61 Inches)
Weight 89 lbs
Hair Color Black
Eye Color Brown

Circumstances of Disappearance - Irene Gakwa was last from in Gillette, Wyoming on 3/4/2022. Her phone is currently not pinging on the network.

MAY 9

The boyfriend of a missing Gillette woman is now considered a “person of interest” in her disappearance, according to police.

Irene Gakwa was reported missing on March 20 by her brother and was last seen in a video conference with her parents on Feb. 24. The 32-year-old Kenyan native was in nursing school and had moved to Gillette last July with her boyfriend, who police say is not cooperating with the investigation.

More at Boyfriend Now Considered 'Person of Interest' In Missing Gillette Woman Case | Cowboy State Daily

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back