Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a hearing on the 25th scheduled to decide about the lie detector test being passed along illegally? Did it happen. I googled but couldn’t find it.

here's my notes from the hearing -

3/17/22 Update: via Zoom. Motion heard. Galloway was given a polygraph test which was shared to former Troy Police Chief Gary Mayer (hired by defense), who then shared the results with former Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus. Galloway's attorney requested an evidentiary hearing to address the allegations & said Mayer broke the law when giving the information to Nebus. The Oakland Press quoted his attorney who called it a violation of due process & a crime. Galloway’s defense attorney wants that information dismissed based on a violation of attorney-client privilege. Judge Phyllis McMillen said more information is needed before she can move forward with a hearing & then gave them a week to agree on stipulated facts to present to her & come up with a list of witnesses that should appear at the hearing & testify. Judge McMillen said she doesn’t know anything about what was allegedly shared & by whom, and what action the prosecution too. She said she’s obligated to have an evidentiary hearing, but “must have a factual basis to make a determination.” Next evidentiary hearing on 4/11/22.

so - no hearing on the 25th - it will be on 4/11.

Ok. Thank you, @Niner. I read right past that part of your previous post! I am just too anxious to have that piece of scum convicted for what he did to Danielle. This has taken too long. I feel so much for her family. I hope there are no more delays and I hope this doesn’t result in any upsets with prosecuting Galloway.

Dang... evidentiary hearing was moved....

Date Code Desc
04/04/2022 WHC ORDER WRIT HABEAS CORPUS FILED-WRIT ISSUED Order Document

03/30/2022 APR DATE SET FOR EVIDNT HRG ON 05032022 09 00 AM Y 14

03/30/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

03/28/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

03/28/2022 MRR REQ/NTC-FILM/MEDIA COVERAGE FILED Order Document

03/28/2022 WHC ORDER WRIT HABEAS CORPUS FILED-WRIT ISSUED

link: Court Explorer

Tuesday, May 3rd:
*Evidentiary Hearing (@ 9am ET) - MI - Danielle “Dani” Stislicki (28) (last seen Dec. 2, 2016 leaving work, Southfield, not found) - *Floyd Russell Galloway, Jr. (30/now 32) charged (9/11/19) & indicted (3/4/19) & arraigned (3/6/19) & re arraigned (9/19/19) with 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. Bond denied-Held without bond.
Trial was set to begin on 1/4/22 continued to 3/29/22 & continued to 7/11/22.
Information & court hearings from 11/21/17 thru 2/6/22 reference post #848 here:
Still Missing - MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

3/2/22: Brief filed in support response to Motion for preliminary ruling. People's response filed to motion for preliminary ruling. 3/7/22: Request/Notice-Film/Media coverage filed. 3/9/22: Reply filed/Brief to State's response to Motion. 3/14/22: Order: Writ Habeas Corpus filed-writ issued. 3/16/22: Request/Notice-Film/Media coverage filed. Pretrial conference hearing on 3/17/22.
3/17/22 Update: via Zoom. Motion heard. Galloway was given a polygraph test which was shared to former Troy Police Chief Gary Mayer (hired by defense), who then shared the results with former Farmington Hills Police Chief Chuck Nebus. Galloway's attorney requested an evidentiary hearing to address the allegations & said Mayer broke the law when giving the information to Nebus. The Oakland Press quoted his attorney who called it a violation of due process & a crime. Galloway’s defense attorney wants that information dismissed based on a violation of attorney-client privilege. Judge Phyllis McMillen said more information is needed before she can move forward with a hearing & then gave them a week to agree on stipulated facts to present to her & come up with a list of witnesses that should appear at the hearing & testify. Judge McMillen said she doesn’t know anything about what was allegedly shared & by whom, and what action the prosecution too. She said she’s obligated to have an evidentiary hearing, but “must have a factual basis to make a determination.” Next evidentiary hearing on 4/11/22.
3/28/22: Order writ habeas corpus filed. Request/Notice-film/media coverage filed. MIFile proof of service filed. 3/30/22: MIFile proof of service filed. 3/30/22 Update: Evidentiary hearing rescheduled on 5/3/22 @ 9am. 4/4/22: Order: Writ Habeas Corpus filed.

Docket:

Date Code Desc.
05/03/2022 H HEARING HELD 1.00

05/03/2022 OTH CONT 6/13 AT 9AM

05/03/2022 APR DATE SET FOR HEARING ON 06032022 09 00 AM Y 14

05/03/2022 PROCEEDING TO BE HELD IN-PERSON

05/03/2022 SE SCHEDULING ERROR

05/03/2022 APJ ADJ-JUDGE 06032022 TO 06132022 BY NOTICE

05/03/2022 APR DATE SET FOR HEARING ON 06132022 09 00 AM Y 14

05/03/2022 PROCEEDING TO BE HELD IN-PERSON

05/02/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED Order Document

05/02/2022 BRF BRIEF FILED BENCH/RE DFT MTN TO ADJ Order Document

05/02/2022 MPS MIFILE PROOF OF SERVICE FILED

link: Court Explorer

Found an article on the evidentiary hearing on 5/3/22.

May 10, 2022
Danielle Stislicki was missing a week when Chuck Nebus, then police chief for Farmington Hills, received a call from a personal friend and professional colleague.

Troy Police Chief Gary Mayer had received a tip with specific locations regarding how and where the 28-year-old woman’s keys, Fitbit, cellphone and body could be found.
[.....]
An Oakland County judge is now reviewing testimony about the law enforcement communications.

Nebus and Mayer, both now retired, testified at an all-day May 3 evidentiary hearing while Stislicki’s parents looked on.
[.....]
Regarding the thorny tip, Galloway is claiming government malfeasance and requesting a quashing of certain information, if not outright case dismissal.
[.....]
Farmington Hills Police Detective Robert Gerak was the last of several witnesses to testify, and he recalled for Judge Phyllis McMillen that he was upset when he learned Mayer had chosen to shield a friend rather than see “justice done.”
[.....]
Other Farmington Hills law enforcers testified about a tip sheet that the defense attorney said she couldn’t use for her own investigative purposes because it never identified the source that allowed Nebus’ officers to retrieve Stislicki’s possessions.

The hearing concluded during Gerak's testimony. McMillen scheduled more testimony for June [6/13/22].

Found an article on the evidentiary hearing on 5/3/22.

May 10, 2022
Danielle Stislicki was missing a week when Chuck Nebus, then police chief for Farmington Hills, received a call from a personal friend and professional colleague.

Troy Police Chief Gary Mayer had received a tip with specific locations regarding how and where the 28-year-old woman’s keys, Fitbit, cellphone and body could be found.
[.....]
An Oakland County judge is now reviewing testimony about the law enforcement communications.

Nebus and Mayer, both now retired, testified at an all-day May 3 evidentiary hearing while Stislicki’s parents looked on.
[.....]
Regarding the thorny tip, Galloway is claiming government malfeasance and requesting a quashing of certain information, if not outright case dismissal.
[.....]
Farmington Hills Police Detective Robert Gerak was the last of several witnesses to testify, and he recalled for Judge Phyllis McMillen that he was upset when he learned Mayer had chosen to shield a friend rather than see “justice done.”
[.....]
Other Farmington Hills law enforcers testified about a tip sheet that the defense attorney said she couldn’t use for her own investigative purposes because it never identified the source that allowed Nebus’ officers to retrieve Stislicki’s possessions.

The hearing concluded during Gerak's testimony. McMillen scheduled more testimony for June [6/13/22].
I was just going to post this: hope this issue does not derail this case. Danielle deserves justice!!!

So did FG confess to his attorney? That's kind of what it sounds like to me.
It sounds to me like his lawyer wanted to know what he was dealing with and whether his client was telling the truth to him, so he ordered the polygraph. What strikes me is that this was only seven days after her disappearance, and apparently the polygraph led to the location of some of her belongings? Did we ever hear about those being found? Were they found in his house? I don't think I've ever heard that some of her belongings were found.

It sounds to me like his lawyer wanted to know what he was dealing with and whether his client was telling the truth to him, so he ordered the polygraph. What strikes me is that this was only seven days after her disappearance, and apparently the polygraph led to the location of some of her belongings? Did we ever hear about those being found? Were they found in his house? I don't think I've ever heard that some of her belongings were found.
They were found between her apartment and a Tim Hortons that he got picked up by a cab at the night she disappeared.

I don't believe I have ever heard that her belongings were found either.

I don't think I had read they had been found either. Hopefully this doesn't derail everything. She deserves justice! I know covid delayed everything but this seems like it happened a lifetime ago and FG should have had the book thrown at him already.

Yes, we heard about her belongings being found. It's strange that the polygrapher said her body would be found there too. That's what made me think he confessed.

BTW, here's an article from 2019 talking about finding her keys and FitBit

Police detectives said they later talked to a cab driver who said she picked him up at the Tim Horton’s near Grand River Avenue and 10 Mile Road, about a 10 minute walk from Stislicki’s Independence Green apartment on Lincoln Court in Farmington Hills.

Detectives testified to finding Stislicki’s keys and Fitbit near there.

no date on article

Danielle Stislicki’s parents have suffered several years not knowing what happened to their daughter while the man charged with her homicide so far has escaped a trial.

Their wounds may deepen depending on the outcome of an ongoing Oakland County Circuit Court hearing that seems focused on a controversial tip that yielded evidence, but not a body, and spurred Floyd Galloway’s accusations of government malfeasance.

If a judge agrees with Galloway and his attorney, granting their wish to quash evidence from the tip and dismiss the case, the prison inmate and convicted sexual assaulter could fathom release as soon as 2033.

For now, Galloway's hopes hinge on the hearing, continuing June 13, that alluded to why Oakland County didn’t pursue charges after investigating Stislicki’s vanishing in 2016 and the pain to which the Stislickis may be suffering.

A whole lot more in article. Let's just HOPE this case is NOT dismissed....

no date on article

Danielle Stislicki’s parents have suffered several years not knowing what happened to their daughter while the man charged with her homicide so far has escaped a trial.

Their wounds may deepen depending on the outcome of an ongoing Oakland County Circuit Court hearing that seems focused on a controversial tip that yielded evidence, but not a body, and spurred Floyd Galloway’s accusations of government malfeasance.

If a judge agrees with Galloway and his attorney, granting their wish to quash evidence from the tip and dismiss the case, the prison inmate and convicted sexual assaulter could fathom release as soon as 2033.

For now, Galloway's hopes hinge on the hearing, continuing June 13, that alluded to why Oakland County didn’t pursue charges after investigating Stislicki’s vanishing in 2016 and the pain to which the Stislickis may be suffering.

A whole lot more in article. Let's just HOPE this case is NOT dismissed....
I join in the hope that this case continues. This case really struck me and I wish for Danielle to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave