Presumed Located OK - Bethany Tiner, 3, Chickasha, 1 Jan 1997

Updated, at 10:54PM
http://kfor.com/2017/04/11/possible...n-which-3-year-old-oklahoma-girl-disappeared/
So many possibilities sightings. So many potential leads. Only to be let down, until now.

Out of the blue one day, Joe got a Facebook message from a young woman who saw Bethany’s photo on a missing child poster and realized it looked eerily similar to a photo of herself as a child.
There were also other details that only the real Bethany would know.
"The young lady said, 'I have this birth mark. It's on the left side right above my hairline,’” Joe said. "This isn't just your run of the mill. This could really be her."
"Very, very striking similarities. Facial similarities,” Brewer said.
She also claimed to be adopted and has problems getting employment, because her social security number does not match her birth name.
"We're not saying at this point and time that this is Bethany Tiner, because DNA will prove whether it is or is not,” Brewer said.
The young woman is in her early twenties just like Bethany. She also submitted a DNA sample to investigators, and now they are waiting on the results

Authorities say the results of the DNA test could take up to three weeks.

Search continues in cold case of missing three-year-old Oklahoma girl after DNA results turn up negative

http://kfor.com/2017/06/06/cold-case-update-dna-test-reveals-if-20-year-old-oklahoma-cold-case-is-solved/

For decades, her face has been on missing and exploited children’s posters across the country.

Her father has never stopped searching for her.

Earlier this year, he believed there may be a break in the cold case: A possible DNA match he hoped would finally end the wait for his daughter, Bethany Tiner.

"I want her to know that I was waiting for her to come home, and I still am, and all the years she's been gone,” Bethany’s father, Joe Tiner, said. “I've never forgot about her."

After months of waiting, Joe got some disappointing news: the girl he had been talking with was not Bethany.

The DNA sample did not match.

Although the DNA sample isn't what he was hoping for, Joe will never stop searching for his daughter.

I came to post the link for the news story and see it's been posted. Thank you! I am praying for good news and notified her sister on fb (she is one of my friends) about the break. Fingers crossed.

Sleuthster, I'm so sorry the DNA did not match, but there is always more hope that Bethany is still out there and she will be identified one day soon. :heartbeat:

The more eyes on the case the better. I will post to my facebook page also.

Sleuthster, I'm so sorry the DNA did not match, but there is always more hope that Bethany is still out there and she will be identified one day soon. :heartbeat:

The more eyes on the case the better. I will post to my facebook page also.
Thank you. Bethany would be around 23 now, an adult, and I hope one day soon she will see how hard her family is searching for her and feel compelled to come forward. They really love her and just want to know she's ok and have her get to know them. Her mother may have told her bad stories about her dad and sisters but sometimes you just have to seek out the truth yourself.

What a pity for the little girl ... here in Chile it is rare that her own parents kidnap their children what if a lot happens is that they do not pay the alimony set by a court ... in this case there are many possibilities that she is still alive

Everyone, please welcome @findbethandmom who is now a verified insider as a family member.

As a VI, they are not required to provide links to information they state as fact about this case.

Thank you to everyone for being here to discuss this case and to hopefully help bring some resolution to family who have gone a very long time without knowing what has happened.

<modsnip> my mother has been located, arrested, and released on bail. I'm working on an update to findbethandmom.com which should go live later today if you'd like to learn more. For now, I offer you this press release which covers the main points of interest.

<modsnip> I hope to share better current photos of her later, either on my website or social media, after I obtain her consent. Thank you.

Attachments

• Teresa Kennedy press release.jpg
    Teresa Kennedy press release.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad Bethany has been found. There's been much discussion of the mother, Ms. Kennedy and how she's doing, but no mention of Bethany. As the victim in this sad situation, I hope she's doing well. I hope she can receive counseling and other help to reconcile what happened to her and that she can reunite with her other siblings and have a happy, productive life. Prayers for her.

I also wish the best for the siblings and other family members who experienced the trauma and sadness of losing contact with mother and sister. It must be a terrible burden to live with so many years, not knowing if they are alive, happy, etc. Best wishes for all concerned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back