OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleuthers do you all remember when I told you all about the tattoo of a skull with a 8 ball in it mouth and 4 aces behind the skull in 2019, someone was telling me about it in Piketon, IMO. I didn’t have anywhere for you Sleuthers to check it out for truth but now I do.

Sleuthers do you all remember when I told you all about the tattoo of a skull with a 8 ball in it mouth and 4 aces behind the skull in 2019, someone was telling me about it in Piketon, IMO. I didn’t have anywhere for you Sleuthers to check it out for truth but now I do.
Yes, I knew you were correct. They also said today that they had thought at one time the murders occurred between 3AM and 7:49 AM due to an outgoing text on DR phone. They did not elaborate on that but I wish they had. Wonder if it was her that sent one or the W's sent one from her phone. Canepa had said in a hearing that the murders started around 12 midnight.
Canepa also mentioned a red truck as an example but I am not sure that it did not have some meaning.

Yes, I knew you were correct. They also said today that they had thought at one time the murders occurred between 3AM and 7:49 AM due to an outgoing text on DR phone. They did not elaborate on that but I wish they had. Wonder if it was her that sent one or the W's sent one from her phone. Canepa had said in a hearing that the murders started around 12 midnight.
Canepa also mentioned a red truck as an example but I am not sure that it did not have some meaning.
That Defense Attorneys must have been in a daze, he objected to the prosecution asking the witness a question and it wasn’t even a trial???? JMO

That Defense Attorneys must have been in a daze, he objected to the prosecution asking the witness a question and it wasn’t even a trial???? JMO
It was strange how he went over whispered with Nash and then said I have no further questions, kind of all of a sudden. Not sure what point he was trying to get in questioning but it did not seem like he ever got to it or either I just missed it.

George Wagner wants confessions, audiotapes of family suppressed in his case​

AAXkPK5.img

Capt. Seth Hagaman, formerly a detective for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation.

He talked about the process for getting warrants to listen in on suspects in a case. He spoke mostly in generalities and did not disclose information about any of the conversations between the Wagner family members or others.

He did say BCI installed listening devices in a semi that both Jake and George would drive. They were also being listened to when the family crossed the border from Canada to Montana, during their return from their time in Alaska.

By 2018, all four Wagner family members' phones were being monitored. Hagaman said the family discussed changing their phone numbers in case they were monitored.

Hagaman mentioned that listening in on suspects who live together made it difficult because it's less likely they would need to discuss crimes over the phone. That made it important for the semi that George and Jake drove five days a week to be monitored.

I really want to know what is in the envelope.

I had mentioned before that the defense was displeased with Elizabeth's (Wagner) address unknown and other addresses unknown. Elizabeth feared for her life and ran from the Wagner's according to Canepa and feared for her life. Wouldn't surprise me if EW is under seal. Just guessing.

I believe both prosecutors and defense know everything that is under seal including addresses.

Full Hearing here:

Attached is the jury view motion. It specifically mentions the big pond in the motion, not sure if that is the pond where the guns were found or which pond is considered the big pond. The trailers and truck are not mentioned in the motion but Deering stated today that the jury will also see the trailers/homes and a truck that is in impound.
Canepa also mentioned a red truck as an example in her questioning but I am not sure that is just an example.
Moderator approved post of motion obtained through court view.

Attachments

• Motion Jury View.pdf
    82.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Note witness Capt. Seth Hagaman, formerly a detective for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation up on the stand being grilled by the defense.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220516-201440.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201440.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220516-202013.png
    Screenshot_20220516-202013.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220516-201943.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201943.png
    479.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20220516-202037.png
    Screenshot_20220516-202037.png
    661 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20220516-201705.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201705.png
    643.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220516-201634.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201634.png
    491.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220516-201440.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201440.png
    414.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220516-201951.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201951.png
    575.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20220516-201651.png
    Screenshot_20220516-201651.png
    660.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220516-203208.png
    Screenshot_20220516-203208.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Yes. You are a "genius" lol!

I disregarded it. Thought Billy's tattoo only mattered. I was wrong what can I say?

This only goes to show among other things how much we are learning and how much will come out at trial with dozens of witnesses.

Attached is the jury view motion. It specifically mentions the big pond in the motion, not sure if that is the pond where the guns were found or which pond is considered the big pond. The trailers and truck are not mentioned in the motion but Deering stated today that the jury will also see the trailers/homes and a truck that is in impound.
Canepa also mentioned a red truck as an example in her questioning but I am not sure that is just an example.

Thank you for posting these. Super busy week... little time to get caught up/ ;):cool::cool:

From Canepa:

Another of George's exes fled the state and has tried to get her Social Security number changed because of her fear of the Wagner family.

(WKRC) - The prosecution in the George Wagner trial says the family as a whole controlled, threatened and spied on the women in George and Jake Wagner's lives. It was part of a motion to get "other bad acts" included as evidence in George Wagner's trial.

The family also set up a fake drug deal to try to get into the Rhoden complex, which Canepa said was another sign of conspiracy within the family.

George Wagner was said to be involved in some of these high-pressure tactics and did the same with his own ex-wife. Tabitha signed over custody of her child with George with the promise of visitation which she says has rarely happened and was supervised by the Wagners.

Canepa also had said earlier that the Wagners took George's son to AK then planned to claim abandonment when she wanted more custody. In October 2018 she did ask for more visitation but George, the murderer of 8, wanted her to get a psychiatric exam.

Now he gets them ..... HA!

Oh, yah. Canepa said the trailers and the truck will be looked at by the jury. I think it is the jury, not totally sure.

0 seconds of 0 seconds

Last edited:

Note witness Capt. Seth Hagaman, formerly a detective for the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation up on the stand being grilled by the defense.
He was a BOSS!!!

Yes. You are a "genius" lol!

I disregarded it. Thought Billy's tattoo only mattered. I was wrong what can I say?

This only goes to show among other things how much we are learning and how much will come out at trial with dozens of witnesses.
CC
The man on the witness stand just about came out and said that they where messing with Angela Wagner on social media, <modsnip> JMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Commons Pleas Court. May 2, 2022 Motion For Jury View

Now comes the State of Ohio and requests that the court ORDER a view of the following locations by the Jury in this case:

4077 UHR, Peebles, OH
4199 UHR Peebles, OH
3122 UHR Peebles, OH,

The property located at 260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Township, Adams County, including any pertinent barns and/or out buildings and associated lands. ( Remember the cistern was in the barn with the not working suppressor.)

The property located at 6851 Camp Creek Rd. aka, the Flying W, Camp Creep Township, Pike County, including the large pond, the outside of the residence, and/or any pertinent out buildings or structures on the property and associated lands.

The property located at 845 Bethel Hill Rd., Camp Creek Township, Pike County, including any pertinent out buildings or other structures on the property.

The location of 28171 State Route 41, Village of Peebles , Adams County.

Roads connecting the 4 crime scenes with the Defendant's residences and pertinent points along those roads.

The property located at 52 Haven't Lane, Village of South Webster, Scioto County, including the residence, garage, and/or any pertinent out buildings or structures on the property.

Authority for a jury view may be found in Section 2945.16 of the Ohio revised code.

In the present case, a jury view of locations listed above is necessary for the Jury to visualize the layout of these locations where several of the offenses are alleged to have occured, paths the Defendants traveled from their residences and/or between crime scenes, locations where they prepared for the crimes, and/or locations where they hid evidence of the crimes.

While witnesses can attempt to testify regarding the lay out of these locations, or in some instances, the paths taken between several different locations, only an actual view of the premises/alleged paths taken will be sufficient for the Jury to fully understand the evidence that will be presented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member