Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link:

'Rust' producers have vowed to complete the Western movie where Alec Baldwin accidentally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins dead.

The production on the movie, which is co-produced by Baldwin and Anjul Nigam, will pick up where it left off after Santa Fe authorities complete their investigation into the October 2021 fatal shooting.
'Obviously, there will be people out there who will have negative perspectives, but we're confident about continuing to make quality movies. We're confident we'll be able to complete the movie.'

Baldwin hasn't commented on the announcement made by Nigam.

Backlash to the announcement on Monday was almost instant.

On Twitter, user Joseph R. Juvenal tweeted: 'Never pass up a chance to make money off a tragedy. Hollywood ethics.'
Twitter user Ryan McCabe tried to image who the set crew would feel after finishing.

'Oh God, those poor, poor camera operators,' he tweeted. 'Imagine havin' to hold the camera steady when Alec Baldwin walks on set swinging around his 'completely safe' pistol? I can hear 'em now: 'Lights, camera, action...DUCK!'

Oh my.

'cuz they invested $$$$, and the only way to get that $$$ back is to get that movie into theaters or at least some streaming/pay-per-view/online platform.

Yeah just give AB the rubber pistol, please!

jmho ymmv lrr
I posted an article, way upstream in past threads, about the weird type of insurance taken out on this film.

There was insurance taken out, that pays the investors, even if the film is never finished or released. The article was explaining that it was a trend---a new type of insurance, which makes it more likely an investor would put up $ for an indie film.

So I would be very interested to see if AB had that same type of insurance or not.

The article was saying that this new type of insurance might be as problem because it leaves some people vulnerable and others whole.

ADMIN NOTE:

No link, no post !!

IOW, don't post saying a link is not approved, then provide info on how to find the non-approved source, and then set about discussing information from that non-approved source.

Alec, also a producer on Rust, has maintained the shooting was not his fault. The investigation into the tragedy continues with Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza saying last month that nobody "is off the hook." He said key evidence remains outstanding, including the FBI analysis of the firearm, ammunition and projectile, DNA and latent fingerprint analysis, the coroner's findings and analysis of Alec's phone data.
Alec continues to work. It was announced that he and fellow Rust producer Anjul Nigam started a new production company, Persona Entertainment, and they will bring a film, False Awakening, to the Cannes market. Alec also appears in the film as a psychologist trying to help the main character navigate sleepwalking episodes that are interfering with his life.

Nigam also said that when the Rust investigation concludes, he expects production to resume and the film to be completed: "We're confident we’ll be able to complete the movie."

From your link:

'Rust' producers have vowed to complete the Western movie where Alec Baldwin accidentally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins dead.

The production on the movie, which is co-produced by Baldwin and Anjul Nigam, will pick up where it left off after Santa Fe authorities complete their investigation into the October 2021 fatal shooting.
'Obviously, there will be people out there who will have negative perspectives, but we're confident about continuing to make quality movies. We're confident we'll be able to complete the movie.'

Baldwin hasn't commented on the announcement made by Nigam.

Backlash to the announcement on Monday was almost instant.

On Twitter, user Joseph R. Juvenal tweeted: 'Never pass up a chance to make money off a tragedy. Hollywood ethics.'
Twitter user Ryan McCabe tried to image who the set crew would feel after finishing.

'Oh God, those poor, poor camera operators,' he tweeted. 'Imagine havin' to hold the camera steady when Alec Baldwin walks on set swinging around his 'completely safe' pistol? I can hear 'em now: 'Lights, camera, action...DUCK!'

Oh my.
The Daily Mail and CNN picked up a statement by Nigam published in the Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood Reporter later added a clarification by Nigam that completing the film was "not an actual plan" and "just hope," but did not change their headline.

Talking about finishing this film is really in bad taste in my opinion.

It is like dancing on somebody's grave.

No tact and no empathy.

Some things should just be left alone.

MOO

The Daily Mail and CNN picked up a statement by Nigam published in the Hollywood Reporter. The Hollywood Reporter later added a clarification by Nigam that completing the film was "not an actual plan" and "just hope," but did not change their headline.

Backpedal much Mr. Nigam? Sounds to me like the negative response had an impact. JMO

The investigation into the tragedy continues with Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza saying last month that nobody "is off the hook." He said key evidence remains outstanding, including the FBI analysis of the firearm, ammunition and projectile, DNA and latent fingerprint analysis, the coroner's findings and analysis of Alec's phone data.
l[/URL]
RSBM

We're visiting my family in New Mexico this week. I stopped counting the signs, but several people are running for Sheriff here.

No idea what effect a different sheriff might have on this situation.

(We also have smoke from the Calf Canyon fire, please pray for the firefighters/raise good Karma/whatever your practice may be.)

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
This actually makes me feel bad for HGR. She was trying to focus on her role as armourer and they wouldn't let her, telling her she shouldn't prioritise it over the prop role. Of course she was right she should be prioritising lives and safety over props. They should have just hired someone else to be the prop assistant ffs. MOO

In my opinion, they hired her specifically because she was young and trying to build a resume.

She was likely cheaper than the established armorer companies, who would never do two jobs or tolerate being safety sessions being skipped or not being present when firearms were used.

I feel very sorry for her because I believe the producers took advantage of her and then tried to lay all the blame at her feet.

'cuz they invested $$$$, and the only way to get that $$$ back is to get that movie into theaters or at least some streaming/pay-per-view/online platform.

Yeah just give AB the rubber pistol, please!

jmho ymmv lrr

It's my understanding that this was always supposed to be straight-to-streaming (via Sundance Film Festival).

The producers didn't buy Non-Completion Insurance, so the investing producers have a cause of action to sue if the film isn't finished. I believe there's at least $4M at stake from the investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member