GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

I'd like to think we live in a civilized and just society, and that torture is not used as a punishment. But if that for some reason ever changes, I hope the two informants who came up with the stash house story are at the front of the line. The pain that must have inflicted on her family must have been unbearable.
Yes, it really was just terrible, I can't imagine every thought her parents went through with that scenario. Almost 6 years thinking that and 13 years with every emotion they could ever have. I know they have a lot to process right now and my prayers are with them.

I think he’s probably terminally ill. He either suddenly felt the need to clear his conscience OR he wanted to “get credit” for it before he dies. The latter being the more likely of the two.

But that’s just my opinion.

I too wonder if he is terminally ill. And I want to know what the promising lead is referred to below-IIRC Moody's gf gave him an alibi for the night BD disappeared. Did she spill the beans?

From the linked article-
Officials started following a "promising lead" about three months ago, but within the last two weeks, Richardson said it was a race against the clock to get Moody behind bars and find Drexel's remains.

"In the last maybe two weeks to three weeks, we put that into motion, that being stuff that I really can't talk about. But we put all that into motion. And fortunately, it was the right call and it had some other stuff to bring up. And that ultimately led us to where Brittany was buried," Richardson explained. "We were really against a race against the clock to find, we knew where she was at, and we needed to find her. And make sure that what we were looking at confirmed the theory that we had.

I'd like to think we live in a civilized and just society, and that torture is not used as a punishment. But if that for some reason ever changes, I hope the two informants who came up with the stash house story are at the front of the line. The pain that must have inflicted on her family must have been unbearable.
This is the kind of thinking that lead to Gramps previous 8 paroles. He's the singular person to blame. Without his actions there would have been no opportunity for false confessions or family pain. And make no mistake about it...while this provides some closure, THIS moment is when the real mourning happens. The pain that accompanies finality is incomparable.

Also, people are coerced into fantastical false confessions and witness statements quite frequently. The Reid method leads to this. Jailhouse liars end up with fantastical stories of large sex trafficking organizations and aligators...and innocent people end up admitting to things that while untrue, sound a bit more plausible.

So if they deserve torture for having absolutely no part in her murder... what does good ol Gramps here deserve? A 9th parole?

I'll get off my soap box now.

Last edited:
I have a few thought as this whole thing still doesn't feel right to me. I still feel the Taylor's have something to do with this. The whole family has rap sheets that are a mile long which include trafficking drugs, obstruction of justice, robberies, attempted kidnaping with Randa in 2010, and many other things. <modsnip: Do not discuss random social media or race>

Just a few thoughts and questions that I am trying to figure out as I followed this case back in 2009 when it happened.

1 - What happened to Moody's eye??

2 - Did they ever find Britt's DNA in Moody's apartment at Sunset Lodge?

3 - If Moody acted alone - why would he drive right past his Sunset Lodge apartment, Route 17, Georgetown, keep driving to Pole Yard Way boat launch, rape her, choke her to death, and then head back north to the burial spot?

I feel the phone was ditched as the 4 men that abducted her (see group I am referring to below) drove over the bridge and threw the phone out the window into the North Santee River (where the phone pinged last) as they headed to McClellanville. If Moody was the sole person that kidnapped Britt - it would make more sense that he would have drove to the first remote location that he could find (which would be a lot closer than 1 hour plus), raped her, then drove to another spot to dispose of her. Again, why would he keep driving right past his apartment to the boat launch area which is almost an hour away. If he's looking for a girl to rape - I don't think he wants to drive an hour before he does it.

4 - There has been a picture shared that showed Brittanee walking down the street with 4 men behind her. It was said one of the people in the group was a Taylor. At this point, the FBI took over and stopped every person that was working on the case from working on it. I have also heard they had signed witness statements that they returned to McClellanville with Britt.

5 - It is also reported that Moody received a speeding ticket the next day of her abduction (04-26-09). How did he transport her south if it was him. I would almost be 99.9% Britt wouldn't just jump on some guy's Harley and go willingly. I will say Moody did look a lot younger in 2009 at 49 years old as he was clean shaved with no gray hair to show. So maybe possibly it wouldn't scare Britt off if he pulled up next to her to offer a ride. If he had a vehicle, did they inspect/impound that for her DNA? I still feel the guys behind her in the video pushed her into a vehicle and they were headed south.

6 - The burial spot is right up the road from Moody's apartment so I feel it'd make sense for him to bury her. I have also read there is a connection between the Taylor's and Moody.

7 - How does law enforcement know for fact that she was buried the next day being that they just recovered her remains a week ago?

There is a video with the commissioner - he has all the details; the video link is posted above

The Taylors are totally ruled out as suspects

Last edited by a moderator:
If I had to make my best educated guess....I bet that they've had him under some method of surveillance this entire time. And they probably somehow encouraged him (indirectly) to return to the area that her body was likely dumped (phone last pinged). And I'm guessing he either didn't find what he was looking for or changed his mind.

I'd bet the act of dumping the body and hiding evidence got him the obstruction of justice charge.

I have a few thought as this whole thing still doesn't feel right to me. I still feel the Taylor's have something to do with this. The whole family has rap sheets that are a mile long which include trafficking drugs, obstruction of justice, robberies, attempted kidnaping with Randa in 2010, and many other things. <modsnip: Do not discuss random social media or race>

Just a few thoughts and questions that I am trying to figure out as I followed this case back in 2009 when it happened.

1 - What happened to Moody's eye??

2 - Did they ever find Britt's DNA in Moody's apartment at Sunset Lodge?

3 - If Moody acted alone - why would he drive right past his Sunset Lodge apartment, Route 17, Georgetown, keep driving to Pole Yard Way boat launch, rape her, choke her to death, and then head back north to the burial spot?

I feel the phone was ditched as the 4 men that abducted her (see group I am referring to below) drove over the bridge and threw the phone out the window into the North Santee River (where the phone pinged last) as they headed to McClellanville. If Moody was the sole person that kidnapped Britt - it would make more sense that he would have drove to the first remote location that he could find (which would be a lot closer than 1 hour plus), raped her, then drove to another spot to dispose of her. Again, why would he keep driving right past his apartment to the boat launch area which is almost an hour away. If he's looking for a girl to rape - I don't think he wants to drive an hour before he does it.

4 - There has been a picture shared that showed Brittanee walking down the street with 4 men behind her. It was said one of the people in the group was a Taylor. At this point, the FBI took over and stopped every person that was working on the case from working on it. I have also heard they had signed witness statements that they returned to McClellanville with Britt.

5 - It is also reported that Moody received a speeding ticket the next day of her abduction (04-26-09). How did he transport her south if it was him. I would almost be 99.9% Britt wouldn't just jump on some guy's Harley and go willingly. I will say Moody did look a lot younger in 2009 at 49 years old as he was clean shaved with no gray hair to show. He probably could have passed for 35 in the right lighting conditions. So maybe possibly it wouldn't scare Britt off if he pulled up next to her to offer a ride. If he had a vehicle, did they inspect/impound that for her DNA? I still feel the guys behind her in the video pushed her into a vehicle and they were headed south.

6 - The burial spot is right up the road from Moody's apartment so I feel it'd make sense for him to bury her. I have also read there is a connection between the Taylor's and Moody.

7 - How does law enforcement know for fact that she was buried the next day being that they just recovered her remains a week ago - 13 years later?

I will also add that I definitely think Moody is fully capable of doing this by himself as he was convicted of raping almost 10 girls in California and served 21 years for those crimes. I just don't think he was the sole perp in Britt's case.
1. Karma

2. TBD, but neither did a search of the Taylor's. Go ahead and look it up.

3. Men go there to 'cruise' all of the time and try to pick up woman and prostitutes. Myrtle Beach was ripe with Spring Breakers and transients. He was probably hoping it would take a day or two before someone noticed whoever he took was missing. He was probably also banking on police concentrating their search efforts on Myrtle Beach, him not getting flagged as a sex offender to question in the area, and the police totally not expecting her to be taken elsewhere. "Damn it cell phones!" - Him, probably

4. Have you been to Myrtle Beach? There are always people on the street at all times of night. Even after bars close at 2am. And guess what? sometimes there's 4 of them in a group! And during spring break they are usually young and of the same sex. Occasionally they'll be in front of you, every once in awhile behind you...and at times all around you! People, go figure.

5. How do any/all serial killers coerce/force women into their cars? Why do some women not escape from cars when given the chance to?
I know he looks frail and fragile but can we please quit it with the 'it can't be grandpa alone and it must be the central park 5' Georgetown 4" schtick.

6. Sure. LOL.

7. Because......he told them?

His MO is to take woman against their will and sexually assault them. This isn't his first time, probably not even the 8th time, and probably not even his first murder. His complete confession led to a body and not an arrest of the Taylor's.

The Taylor's confession led to absolutely NOTHING but FBI embarrassment.

I'm sorry for all of the snarkyness but it's time to let the Taylor's go.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a video with the commissioner - he has all the details; the video link is posted above

The Taylors are totally ruled out as suspects

You never know, maybe that whole stash house and alligator story really happened, but with another girl, and now they'll never get pursued for it because the story is spent now.

You never know, maybe that whole stash house and alligator story really happened, but with another girl, and now they'll never get pursued for it because the story is spent now.

We'll never know if the bullet that killed JFK was actually magic either. Or that time traveling exists. Both of those things have as much evidence as the sex crime ring in a stash house aligator body disposal story.

But Drexel’s father, Chad Drexel, wrote Monday on Facebook that more evidence pointing to his daughter’s killers will emerge, including her DNA that was discovered in a key place.

But he declined to discuss specifics with The Post and Courier, fearing further public details would compromise the FBI’s probe.

“This is only the beginning!” he wrote. “There is a ton more evidence and horrible info we would like the public ... (to) be aware of for their safety.”

It says in this article that they were cleared through video footage.

That's from 2016

1. Karma

2. TBD, but neither did a search of the Taylor's. Go ahead and look it up.

3. Men go there to 'cruise' all of the time and try to pick up woman and prostitutes. Myrtle Beach was ripe with Spring Breakers and transients. He was probably hoping it would take a day or two before someone noticed whoever he took was missing. He was probably also banking on police concentrating their search efforts on Myrtle Beach, him not getting flagged as a sex offender to question in the area, and the police totally not expecting her to be taken elsewhere. "Damn it cell phones!" - Him, probably

4. Have you been to Myrtle Beach? There are always people on the street at all times of night. Even after bars close at 2am. And guess what? sometimes there's 4 of them in a group! And during spring break they are usually young and of the same sex. Occasionally they'll be in front of you, every once in awhile behind you...and at times all around you! People, go figure.

5. How do any/all serial killers coerce/force women into their cars? Why do some women not escape from cars when given the chance to?
I know he looks frail and fragile but can we please quit it with the 'it can't be grandpa alone and it must be the central park 5' Georgetown 4" schtick.

6. Sure. LOL.

7. Because......he told them?

His MO is to take woman against their will and sexually assault them. This isn't his first time, probably not even the 8th time, and probably not even his first murder. His complete confession led to a body and not an arrest of the Taylor's.

The Taylor's confession led to absolutely NOTHING but FBI embarrassment.

I'm sorry for all of the snarkyness but it's time to let the Taylor's go.
4. Yes - plenty of times. So Britt's story kind of hits home with me as I walked Ocean Blvd quite a bit as a teen enjoying all of the things that people enjoy about Myrtle - the cars on the strip, the people, the ocean air, the warm weather when it's 25 degrees in the north. She should have had that same right and deserved that right. Unfortunately, this took that from her.

5. I never said he looked fragile. I mean now he might but I was saying that - back 13 years ago he could pass as 35 yrs old and looked like he was in good shape. So a younger girl might not be creeped out by him and that was obviously the case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back