Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, the media are using the cliche 'fire sale' but IMO it won't be let go at just any price. Both NAB and the defrauded investors deserve for it to be sold at market price for that location.

Conwoman Melissa Caddick’s incredible eastern suburbs mansion is set to hit the market within weeks, after her husband was turfed out of the hilltop home via a court order.

Anthony Koletti left the Dover Heights home for the last time on Wednesday, with the threat of eviction hanging over him, after the Federal Court ordered the two-storey home to be sold off to repay his late wife’s creditors.

Several valuations have priced the property at around $15 million, which will go some way to paying off the 74 investors who lost around $23 million via Caddick’s Ponzi scheme.

I think the NAB should explain to the investors how MC was given such a large mortgage … as Maliver hadn’t been in existence a year (incorporated in June 2013) and she was given the mortgage before she purchased DH in April 2014….and she had only returned from overseas at the beginning of 2012.
The question is what checks did the bank do before giving her the $4.2million mortgage?

I think the NAB should explain to the investors how MC was given such a large mortgage … as Maliver hadn’t been in existence a year (incorporated in June 2013) and she was given the mortgage before she purchased DH in April 2014….and she had only returned from overseas at the beginning of 2012.
The question is what checks did the bank do before giving her the $4.2million mortgage?

Not hard to get a mortgage from any financial institution when you can show bank accounts containing millions of dollars and a bunch of (albeit phony) client accounts showing how she obtained the balances. And I think it would be a safe bet that she would have schmoozed the loan officer the very same way that she schmoozed her investors.

At least the bank holds the title over real property. Other victims hold nothing but phony Comsec statements.

Last edited:
Not hard to get a mortgage from any financial institution when you can show bank accounts containing millions of dollars and a bunch of (albeit phony) client accounts showing how she obtained the balances. And I think it would be a safe bet that she would have schmoozed the loan officer the very same way that she schmoozed her investors.

At least the bank holds the title over real property. Other victims hold nothing but phony Comsec statements.
Still think the bank should be held accountable ....as should ASIC..... yes the bank will get their money whilst the investors get .....

The hunted - need an account to watch this interview...
Watch 7NEWS Spotlight Online: Free Streaming & Catch Up TV in Australia
Wants to sue ASIC -
"Id be happy with a few million dollars so i can get on with my life..."

I caught this show last night, he seems a little deluded in thinking that he is going to get any money.

A few million dollars to get on with his life ....

The only way to get on with your life mate is to man up and start working hard, like the rest of us. Pay your bills, live as honest a life you can and "get on with it".

The hunted - need an account to watch this interview...
Watch 7NEWS Spotlight Online: Free Streaming & Catch Up TV in Australia
Wants to sue ASIC -
"Id be happy with a few million dollars so i can get on with my life..."

"The confrontation you have to see to believe. Anthony Koletti, from his mutli-million dollar mansion to facing life on the streets. The secret letters from his con woman wife, Melissa Caddick."

Life on the streets? Give me a break!

Is ths actually worth watching (i.e. creating an account for)?

"The confrontation you have to see to believe. Anthony Koletti, from his mutli-million dollar mansion to facing life on the streets. The secret letters from his con woman wife, Melissa Caddick."

Life on the streets? Give me a break!

Is ths actually worth watching (i.e. creating an account for)?
I made an account and watched it. I don't recall secret letters; one card that says "I love you I love you I love you" and a few words more. He is being pursued by media. He feels sorry for himself. He believes Melissa is innocent and he supposes she lost the money on the markets and was working to earn it back. You see inside his new apartment. He was rejected 20 times before he could find one. He says Melissa's son told him he wanted life to go on with minimal change.

JLZ has pretty much summed up the entire episode, If it was me, I wouldn't bother opening an account just to watch it.

Yep, only one letter/card that I can recall. The "I love you, I love you, I love you" card.

They showed footage of him trying to move out of the Dover Heights residence without the media photographing his move, he said he has had to move at night.

Then there was a few minutes footage of him driving around trying to lose the media on his tail, he said, "nope we can't go to the new place now". He was trying to flick the media tail that was following him because he didn't want them finding out where his new apartment is.

They showed that he no longer had a million dollar Sydney Harbour view from his new apartment balcony.

Gee how sad for him, at least he has a balcony and a roof over his head. Plenty of people would love to have that.

He did a tour of his new apartment, he said it would be a very "short tour". Again, woe is me

I couldn't really work out if Melissa's son was still living with him at the new place, there was a quick reference to the boy and that he was living with him at the Dover Heights property. No real confirmation in the interview that he was still living with him now.

It really was Koletti's pity party and thirty minutes of my Sunday night that I will never get back haha

I get the feeling he is a pretty simple guy, not overly intelligent and I can see that he was probably a mushroom in the relationship. Kept in the dark and fed a lot of BS. IMO

He would have just been loving life on the gravy train, sadly the gravy train rarely run forever

IMO

One other thing! He's asked if he feels for the investors who lost their future. He says, What about me?! I've lost not just my future, but my past and present as well!
He has not lost his past (a lot of people wish they could), his present includes a roof over his head and presumably enough to eat (a lot of people wish they had that), and his future is what he makes of it. Unlike a lot of MC's victims, he is young enough and healthy enough to start again, work hard, and eventually be in a comfortable position. But he will need to get rid of the idea that he is entitled to the expensive things of life.

I get the feeling he is a pretty simple guy, not overly intelligent and I can see that he was probably a mushroom in the relationship. Kept in the dark and fed a lot of BS. IMO

Yep:

Anthony Kolletti’s brother Chris also claimed his sister-in-law likely meticulously staged her disappearance and didn’t tell her husband because he was ‘too dumb’ and ‘can’t keep a secret’.

Koletti's brother in law's opinion of him:

When Caddick’s brother Adam found out that Friday that his sister had been missing for more than 30 hours, he told a friend that Koletti “the f..kwit had not been bothered to tell anyone that she had gone missing.”

Some of Koletti's 'music' is played in the latest episode of the Liar, Liar podcast:

It's also stated that Caddick had dog and pig Chinese symbol tattoos on the toes of one foot (not stated which one). She was born in the year of the pig and disappeared in the year of the rat.

Last edited:
Koletti's brother in law's opinion of him:

When Caddick’s brother Adam found out that Friday that his sister had been missing for more than 30 hours, he told a friend that Koletti “the f..kwit had not been bothered to tell anyone that she had gone missing.”

Some of Koletti's 'music' is played in the latest episode of the Liar, Liar podcast:

It's also stated that Caddick had dog and pig Chinese symbol tattoos on the toes of one foot (not stated which one). She was born in the year of the pig and disappeared in the year of the rat.

Anthony Kolletti’s 'music' - and I'm not even sure it should be considered music - is as tragic as it is opportunistic.

Anthony Kolletti’s 'music' - and I'm not even sure it should be considered music - is as tragic as it is opportunistic.

They say there's no accounting for taste. :)

It was mentioned in the latest episode of the Liar Liar podcast series that Kolettis' behavior will be discussed in more detail in future episodes.

One other thing! He's asked if he feels for the investors who lost their future. He says, What about me?! I've lost not just my future, but my past and present as well!
Poor AK who stated he lost his past, present and future....

AK’s past consisted of 4 holidays a year (including the month skiing in Aspen), the sports car, the jewellery, living in the Dover Heights house, the lifestyle he had and the AMEX card he had at his disposal.

The investors past was having their hard earned money stolen from them, all the while being lied to, whilst MC and her family lived extremely comfortably.

AK’s present consisted of living for the last 18 months in the Dover Heights house RENT FREE!

The investors present coming to terms that they have lost not only their retirement but also their investments (bearing in mind that many of the investors were (or nearing) retirement age. Some of the investors have had to go back to work or now have to work many more years before retiring.

AK’s future....well this is something he has control over...a good hairdresser is hard to find!

The investors future...come to terms of the betrayal, and to keep fighting for every cent that was rightfully theirs.

It is unbelievable that MC’s family feel so entitled and want to continue living at the expense of others (the investors and ASIC)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member