Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the legal wrangling involved in murder cases must take a terrible toll on family members. :(

I support a fair trial for all accused but reading that LV's mental health is "fragile" (per her legal team), I can't help but think of the victim's loved ones... how fragile their mental, physical and emotional health must be suffering through it all.
Yes it must, but probably not half as terrible as having their loved ones murdered!

It looks like now the hearing is going to be sealed, I think it's on this motion to strike the state filed:

• 05/12/2022 Motion
    Comment
    To Seal State's Objection and Motion To Strike
  • 05/12/2022 Objection
    Comment
    and Motion to Strike
  • 05/13/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Seal State's Objection
  • 05/18/2022 Order
    Comment
    to Close Hearing and Seal Record

As someone asked - is this for LV or CD?? TIA!

I'll shorten this up a bit - and going to "assume" the closed hearing is for LV.

Thursday, May 19th:
*Motions Hearing-Closed Hearing (@ 10am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 10/13/22 was continued to 1/9/23. (Trial expected to last 10 weeks).
Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21. Found competent on 4/1/22 & transferred custody (4/14/2) to the Madison County Detention facility.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 4/14/22 reference post #436 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-vallow-62-oct-2019-arrests-65.615074/page-22

4/15/22 Update: Judge Steven Boyce is NOT allowing the media to live stream the hearings next week. We (East Idaho News) cannot post anything live from the courtroom as things are underway. We will record proceedings & post video after the hearings are over. Arraignment hearing on 4/19/22.
4/19/22 Update: District Judge Steven Boyce summarizing charges against Vallow. Lori remains silent on all her charges. Jim Archibald (& John Thomas) asks Court to enter plea of NOT GUILTY on her behalf. Vallow will NOT waive her right to a speedy trial, her lawyer says. Under the law, that means they must set a trial within six months (by October). The trial date is set for 10/19/22. Lori's attorney, Mr. Archibald goes on records after closing arguments to state he & his client would like the trial to be set in Ada County, agreeing with what Mr. Prior & his client would like. Judge Boyce says taking this issue under advisement & written ruling to come at a later time/date. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/6/22 @ 10am, jury selection starts on 10/11/22 @ 9am & trial set to begin on 10/13/22.
4/28/22 Update: Chad & Lori Daybell have pleaded not guilty to their charges. Chad’s trial is scheduled to be held in January & Lori’s is set for October but in order for it to happen on the scheduled date, Boyce would need to sever the cases as they are currently conjoined. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Chad & have until June to declare if they will do the same with Lori.
5/2/22 Update: Prosecutor files Notice of Intent to seek Death Penalty against Vallow if she is convicted of 1st degree murder or conspiracy to commit murder. Prosecutors also motion to continue Vallow’s trial from 10/11/22 to 1/9/23 as previously scheduled for both Vallow & Chad Daybell. 5/3/22: Notice of Remote Hearing. Comment: Amended/Redacted. Motion hearing on 5/19/22 to find good cause to continue trial & prevent improper severance. 5/12/22: Defense's response to State's Motion to continue (trial). Does not want separate trials. If moved to 1/9/23 it will give her defense team to get ready. 5/12/22: Motion to seal State's objection & motion to strike. Order: to seal State's objection/to close hearing & seal record.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) – Motions hearing on 6/8/22. Pretrial hearing on 11/9/22. Trial set to begin on 1/9/23.
*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. Maricopa County No update 5/14/22

RSBM

Thursday’s hearing is in response to a motion from prosecution to join Lori and her husband Chad Daybell’s trials once again. Initially the two cases were set to go to trial together, but during her arraignment in April Vallow Daybell refused to waive her right to a speedy trial. That led the judge to set her trial date for August while Chad’s is still set for January of 2023. However, the court never officially severed the two cases.

In response to prosecutors’ motion, JA and JT, the attorney’s for Vallow Daybell, say, “Lori Vallow Daybell’s mental health is extremely complex and fragile, and she has the potential to be hospitalized again in the near future.”

Vallow Daybell spent months in Idaho’s mental hospital after being declared incompetent to stand trial in June of 2021. Last month the court declared Vallow Daybell competent, and she was arraigned on the charges against her.

Vallow Daybell’s attorney’s also address claims by some outsiders, including JJ Vallow’s grandparents, that she may be faking her mental illness. They write, “None of the experts employed by the court and the state of Idaho Department of Health and Welfare claim she is malingering or making up her mental illness.” And her attorneys say she will be meeting with a neuropsychologist next month.

The filing also says that while Vallow Daybell does not want to waive her right to a speedy trial, she does understand that if her trial is moved from August to January of next year, “that will give her defense team more time to get ready.” Her attorneys also say, “She (Vallow Daybell) has instructed her attorneys not to file a request for a separate trial.”

In regard to the trial, her attorneys address the large amount of evidence in the case saying, “She understands that her defense team is spending a considerable amount of time going through the mountain of discovery in this case in order to get ready for trial.”

Thursday’s hearing is set to happen remotely.

Oops - I put it on LV's - will change it! Thanks! :)

and a bit too late to edit my post.

Yes sorry, I thought I had also copied the part that showed the 6/8 hearing but I must have missed it so that post of mine was totally misleading. The hearing today should be open except for the 5/13 motion as far as my understanding goes.

This is weird but LV's docket shows the hearing has already happened?

05/19/2022 Motion Hearing
Original Type
Motion Hearing
Judicial Officer
Boyce (District), Steven
Hearing Time
10:00 AM
Result
Hearing Held
Comment
Motion to Find Good Cause to Continue Trial & Prevent Improper Severance; 05/13/22 - Motion
Parties Present
State: State of Idaho
Prosecuting Attorney: Blake, Lindsey Anne
Prosecuting Attorney: Wood, Robert H.
Defendant: Vallow, Lori Norene
Public Defender: Archibald, R. James
Public Defender: Thomas, John Kenneth

This is weird but LV's docket shows the hearing has already happened?

05/19/2022 Motion Hearing
Original Type
Motion Hearing
Judicial Officer
Boyce (District), Steven
Hearing Time
10:00 AM
Result
Hearing Held
Comment
Motion to Find Good Cause to Continue Trial & Prevent Improper Severance; 05/13/22 - Motion
Parties Present
State: State of Idaho
Prosecuting Attorney: Blake, Lindsey Anne
Prosecuting Attorney: Wood, Robert H.
Defendant: Vallow, Lori Norene
Public Defender: Archibald, R. James
Public Defender: Thomas, John Kenneth

Super weird. Wasn't public?

I did not remember until she said it that the State held off on some of the DNA testing until their cases were joined...they must've had some confidence in that was going to happen at some point and that she would be restored to competency in order to do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member