VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Tried to avoid this one....)

I watched a Twitter of a young lady creating a bruise using makeup from a retail store.

Decades ago, a friend returned to our freshman dorm with a HUGE ugly bruise on her shoulder. Looked like she'd been hit by a pitch in a baseball game!

She earned an A in Make Up Techniques for Theater that semester. Yup.

I expect that AH could look gaunt & sleepless, plump and content, regal & haughty, wary & afraid, fresh & doe-eyed...whenever she chose. IMHO of course.

JD could as well. Everything I've seen of the trial shows JD, well, as JD. Who remembers Hansen in 21 Jump Street?

I've served on juries -- hope this jury is paying attention & accepts the judge's instructions.

jmh0 ymmv lrr

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the lawyers with youtube channels have obtained all the documents from the Fairfax County website. There are text messages between Johnny and AH's parents during that week in May of 2016 when she filed and when she took out the TRO. Wow are they revealing.

YES! The things I’m refraining from posting, even though they are literally ‘eye witnesses’, to the total opposite that’s being attested to.
She just CAN‘T get away with this, it’s so wrong!

Skip the article, it’s info we already know but go to the comments. There is info on Barkin that I had forgotten about.
Best comment: Looks like Andy Warhol

Depp was how old then, in his twenties? He tossed a wine bottle across a room. Big deal. SMH
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Last edited:
Good article. This is just a snippet:

Let’s get something out of the way: In general, I am rather sympathetic to one of these viewpoints and flat-out disdainful of the other. The past several years have definitely brought a long-overdue audit of attitudes and actions toward gender-based violence, resulting in many perfectly justified takedowns of predators within various industries. We have also begun to grapple culturally with the ubiquity of sexual harassment and assault, conceptions of consent and power, and the ways that flawed accountability processes harm victims. These are all largely good things.
Given this context, it’s not surprising that people within progressive feminist circles have seen Depp v. Heard as the latest example of a powerful man getting a pass for terrorizing women from the sycophants and industry bigwigs surrounding him, not to mention from his adoring fans. In this telling, the vitriol targeting Depp’s much younger ex is little more than old-hat misogyny targeting an “imperfect victim,” as so many are.
But that position is undermined by the evidence in the case, which strongly suggests that Heard has told numerous significant lies and largely misrepresented her status as a victim of abuse, whether or not the op-ed at the center of the trial meets the necessarily high standards to constitute defamation. You don’t have to hate women or love the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise to harbor deep misgivings about Heard’s credibility.

Ted Rowlands
@TedCourtTV

BREAKING .. JENNIFER HOWELL:

@CourtTV is reporting that Howell a former friend of Amber Heard’s sister Whitney WILL testify for Johnny Depp. #JohnnyDeppVsAmberHeard
I hope hope hope it is live. I think it is more effective and resonates better with a jury.

One of the most frustrating things about this trial IMO is the amount of evidence that is not being allowed which further highlights the holes and outright fallacies of AH and some of her posse's accounts of certain events. The jury is not seeing a lot of what we the public have access to. Howell is important, and I'm glad the door was opened to get her in.

I am trying desperately to figure out the game plan on who exactly the JD team will call for rebuttal witnesses. Obviously, we now know of Ms Howell...but who else? Will it be Kate Moss? Will Dr Curry return for post AH testimony reflections? More delicious incoming! The lies are being exposed, the sunshine has penetrated the courtroom, and Ms Heard's dastardly media-fueled revenge $$$ plan is unraveling before our very eyes. I simply cannot wait!
MOO

No and that never makes sense to me .. they are on a time crunch and court is not in session on Fridays

Not to mention, they could have knocked a week off of the length of the trial
I don’t know for sure about today, but I believe most Fridays the Judge and lawyers do meet to do “ housekeeping “.

Judge instructed both sides the other day that their jury instructions were due to her on Thursday ( yesterday), so perhaps they are working on those today. Just a hunch

There was one week where the Judge told the lawyers that they would meet with her from 8:00 - 10:00 on a Friday to go over Motions.

I’m sure both sides have filed tons of Motions In Limine to keep out certain evidence and the Judge has to consider them and rule on them.

I’ve seen several Criminal trials where Friday is a workday for the Court, outside the presence of the Jury.
JMO

(Tried to avoid this one....)

I watched a Twitter of a young lady creating a bruise using makeup from a retail store.

Decades ago, a friend returned to our freshman dorm with a HUGE ugly bruise on her shoulder. Looked like she'd been hit by a pitch in a baseball game!

She earned an A in Make Up Techniques for Theater that semester.
Yup.

I expect that AH could look gaunt & sleepless, plump and content, regal & haughty, wary & afraid, fresh & doe-eyed...whenever she chose. IMHO of course.

JD could as well. Everything I've seen of the trial shows JD, well, as JD. Who remembers Hansen in 21 Jump Street?

I've served on juries -- hope this jury is paying attention & accepts the judge's instructions.

jmh0 ymmv lrr
As a Dance (and English) major in college, I had a stage makeup class, too :) The single credit course required classroom instruction one hour weekly plus lab time at students' convenience. I learned many techniques for creating bruises, scars, black eyes, reshaping noses (my specialty), enhancement of positive and/or negative facial features, as well as giving women a voluptuous bosom in period costumes. When I see Amber's ruddy cheeks, I'm reminded that the graduate assistants in the makeup lab called them "tire tracks" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie