GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

I think LE was onto Moody as a POI earlier than the public was made aware. Possibly in the first few days.
LE was not obligated to tell the public if they had video of Brittanee getting into a car. They don’t always release all they know for many reasons. My guess would be they didn’t need help identifying the car. Maybe they tracked the car owner down pretty quick which led them to Moody. I bet we will find out he was questioned early on. Richardson said this all came together from a lot of different ways including an informant. I don’t know if he is referring to this girlfriend or not.

None of this makes sense though with the FBI being adamant about the story involving the Taylors just 5 years ago. If they knew the car had some link to Moody, I can't believe they'd fall for the informant story. I wonder how the quality of the video was? I can't think it was that great because it has taken 13 years to find Brittanee.

Hope that the family of the Taylors does whatever they think they need to do but I also hope the administrator here keeps that information in a different link because they’ve already been ruled out of this case. (IMHO, There must’ve been a set another girl.)
On every forum the Taylor angle is being put forth by many people & frankly it’s a separate issue now.
On some of the other pages on Facebook there are so many conspiracy theories floating around that’s not doing the Drexel family any good. It was definitely a miscarriage of justice to put the Drexel family through believing those horrible things happened to their child.
So in my humble opinion I believe that any reference to Taylor needs to be in a separate place. This is not the place for it.
By the grace of God, Brittanee has been recovered. The murderer confessed & it is Raymond Moody.
Let’s hope that what comes out from here on out in this forum is about what really happened to her, that it is the truth & the Drexel family can have some peace.
Let’s try to keep this for him about facts & not supposition.
There are many questions that are not answered about Brittanee and Moody.
Let’s focus there.

Last edited:
Hope that the family of the Taylors does whatever they think they need to do but I also hope the administrator here keeps that information in a different link because they’ve already been ruled out of this case. (IMHO, There must’ve been a set another girl.)
On every forum the Taylor angle is being put forth by many people & frankly it’s a separate issue now.
On some of the other pages on Facebook there are so many conspiracy theories floating around that’s not doing the Drexel family any good. It was definitely a miscarriage of justice to put the Drexel family through believing those horrible things happened to their child.
So in my humble opinion I believe that any reference to Taylor needs to be in a separate place. This is not the place for it.
By the grace of God, Brittanee has been recovered. The murderer confessed & it is Raymond Moody.
Let’s hope that what comes out from here on out in this forum is about what really happened to her, that it is the truth & the Drexel family can have some peace.
Let’s focus there.
Please feel free to report the post and ask the Mod's to weigh in. Happy for them to delete it should they feel it's not relevant. To me it is, simply because this if the first time they have been interviewed since their son was ruled out as involved. JMO

They had searched Moody years ago.
This is very good to see, we look at the pictures of this 'broken down' 62 y ear old. This is more representative of this guy at the time. Perfectly capable of grabbing a girl. I personally do not believe he was a clean up guy, he is a perp with a history. I think he has more victims, maybe not murders but more crimes will come to light. as far as the other "thugs" in my opinion they are probably bad dudes, but built their reputation with tall tales for street cred. Just my own thoughts.

We are interested to learn more about the Moody girlfriend referred to in the podcast as Angel & what transpired with Brittnee getting in the car with Moody & Angel etcetera.
Did Angel come forward when this happened? Have the police always had a statement from Angel & known of her existence & involvement?
The story never became she was seen getting in the car with two people. That’s never been made public. If they knew about it (& have Britnee on video getting in a car - any car) then why has that not been part of the narrative? Why did not we all know about it?
What kind of vehicle was it? Who was the vehicle registered to? Did Angel leave Britnee with Moody? If so, where? Why has this not been part of the narrative? (Is it because it did not fit with the Taylor story?) Something is amiss.
Solicitor has stated that no one else will be charged so apparently Angel has been cleared. Why?
At the time, Moody did own a large panel white work van & apparently a Harley Moyorcycle. Did Angel drop them somewhere & Moody was supposed to give Britnee a ride back?
Speculation so far has been that Britney got into the girlfriend Angel’s car with Angel & Moody. Tell us what do you think happened next?
I too am very curious about the "girlfriend" it does seem very plausible though, it seems often times a woman is involved.

Let’s focus there.
Well It's part of the story and in these early days of figuring out what went right and what went wrong, and plenty went wrong, I think this part of the story should not be brushed aside as if it didn't happen. Hopefully people will learn from it and not rush to judgement when such bombastic claims are put forth, whether it's from criminals sitting in jail or FBI agents. It could have literally prevented the truth about what happened Brittanee from ever being known, not to mention leaving a rapist/killer out walking the streets.

I'm just wondering how likely a trial would even be. He confessed to everything. Would some type of plea deal be more likely if offered to him?
With Moody coming forward and admitting to his crimes against Brittanie I do not see a trial. He could withdraw his guilty plea but his providing the location of her remains I think would me enough for a jury to convict.

There will be a future sentencing court date where the prosecutor will articulate the evidence and extent of the crime. Probably the maximum allowed by the law.

Sorry, didn’t know fundraising links were not allowed for Britt’s celebration of life to help the family with expenses.

This is very good to see, we look at the pictures of this 'broken down' 62 y ear old. This is more representative of this guy at the time. Perfectly capable of grabbing a girl. I personally do not believe he was a clean up guy, he is a perp with a history. I think he has more victims, maybe not murders but more crimes will come to light. as far as the other "thugs" in my opinion they are probably bad dudes, but built their reputation with tall tales for street cred. Just my own thoughts.
Believe you’re right there probably are many more victims, one way or another. He was very strong. He looked like he worked out back then.
He had an air of secrecy or privacy about himself that may have been intriguing to smart women who had no clue he was a violent sex offender.
Whomever Angel is, she may have just been an innocent unsuspecting person at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Apparently he had moved to Georgetown after his release from over 20 years in prison in California & did not register as a sex offender. He and his partner (former prison wife) were very social & felt very accepted in Georgetown & Pawleys & were known to party & surely no one else knew about his (their) criminal past.
Since he grew up here & people knew he had joined the military, they likely thought that he had gone to California and served in the military and had retired & come home.
Big tell: he did not register as a sex offender when he first came home to Georgetown after being released from prison in California.
(Perhaps we should consider putting a face & hand tattoo on these monsters. They are walking amongst us.)
I remember seeing him back then. He’s not handsome but he was buff and fit and tanned & had the personna of a tough hardworking fellow who had a Harley & an old white panel work van.
He also wore at least one earring and liked muscle shirts. He was definitely strong.
Frankly he scared me & I sensed the evil & knew it was a face I would never forget. 
That’s what we should be talking about: how did he live and work here without registering as a sex offender? Somebody dropped the ball, local, states & federal!
This is huge! Something needs to change! But for this huge problem of him not being registered as a sex offender, Brittanee is gone.
How was he able to immesh himself so easily into our society after serving more than 20 years in the California prison for heinous sex crimes on children???

Last edited:
@seebonesell I found him Raymond Douglas Moody

When was he released from California? I'm curious about how long he was free with out registering.
Thanks for looking at that. The link I had looked at did not have him listed.
Idk the dates exactly but regardless he was even arrested for indecent exposure & something else after he came home from prison in California & even then was not listed on the sexual offender registry. That’s huge.

Thanks for looking at that. The link I had looked at did not have him listed.
Idk the dates exactly but regardless he was even arrested for indecent exposure & something else after he came home from prison in California & even then was not listed on the sexual offender registry. That’s huge.
He should’ve been on the radar of law-enforcement from the moment he stepped foot out of prison.

@seebonesell I found him Raymond Douglas Moody

When was he released from California? I'm curious about how long he was free with out registering.
It looks like from 2004 when he was released from the California prison until 2010.
But let’s look at all the missed opportunities along the way: he was under parole, his parole officer should’ve made sure he was on it; he got arrested for indecent exposure in 2008 which is a charge that automatically requires your name be put on the sexual offender list, but he was allowed to plead to a lesser offense. (would love to see the details on that one. Were there children around?) No one noticed that he should’ve been on the list already.
When Britney went missing, his name was not on the list. He should’ve been looked at first but apparently local law-enforcement was not aware that this violent sexual predator was among us.
In 2009 the ticket he got in Surfside Beach should have flagged his status as a violent sexual offender, but it did not.
Somehow in 2010 he was charged with not registering so it looks like he was off the registry from 2004 when he walked out of that California prison until 2010.
Just think of all the unsuspecting innocent people who were exposed to this monster all that time.

It looks like from 2004 when he was released from the California prison until 2010.
But let’s look at all the missed opportunities along the way: he was under parole, his parole officer should’ve made sure he was on it; he got arrested for indecent exposure in 2008 which is a charge that automatically requires your name be put on the sexual offender list, but he was allowed to plead to a lesser offense. (would love to see the details on that one. Were there children around?) No one noticed that he should’ve been on the list already.
When Britney went missing, his name was not on the list. He should’ve been looked at first but apparently local law-enforcement was not aware that this violent sexual predator was among us.
In 2009 the ticket he got in Surfside Beach should have flagged his status as a violent sexual offender, but it did not.
Somehow in 2010 he was charged with not registering so it looks like he was off the registry from 2004 when he walked out of that California prison until 2010.
Just think of all the unsuspecting innocent people who were exposed to this monster all that time.
I hope Brittanee's parents demand answers as to why this happened? This is so wrong on so many levels. I also hope they file a wrongful death suit against him asap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back