VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to popular believe, we are not out here with pitchforks. I hope that after all this that both JD and AH have/get the help they need to move on and live a happy healthy life. MOO

"I hope that after all this that both JD and AH have/get the help they need to move on and live a happy healthy life. MOO"

AMEN to that.

Both of these people need private personal time and responsible therapy. And find good friends who will keep them away from substances to abuse and help get them into a good place physically and emotionally.

IMHO, only, that neither of them should be starting up any new romances for a long time, until they are well-healed and coming from a place of strength, not weakness or substance abuse.

I agree that the SA allegations are entirely false. As well as the physical abuse allegations. I don’t believe her. I stopped giving her the benefit of the doubt as soon as I saw her testimony. She came off completely fake and unhinged. I think JD has been vindicated on that regardless of the outcome of this trial.

I think she’s a highly disturbed individual. But I don’t think she’s evil or capable of murder. I think she also has issues from her childhood that have caused her personality disorder. Ultimately I feel her behavior is a symptom of her disorder. She has zero self-awareness.

Edited to add: Think about how she scans and stares down the jury consistently, this is an example of someone who has zero self-awareness, she doesn’t realize how creepy this is.

She is staring at the jury with full awareness of what she is doing. It’s very calculated mind control with intent to manipulate! One of her behavioral issues is Narcissism.

While I don’t think she is sitting around thinking of murdering people, I think she is capable of murder in a moment of rage. I can also see her concocting a premeditated plan to eliminate someone.

Hearing that creepy dialogue with JD and the way she treats her ‘friends’ has made me think she is capable.

She is staring at the jury with full awareness of what she is doing. It’s very calculated mind control with intent to manipulate! One of her behavioral issues is Narcissism.

While I don’t think she is sitting around thinking of murdering people, I think she is capable of murder in a moment of rage. I can also see her concocting a premeditated plan to eliminate someone.

Hearing that creepy dialogue with JD and the way she treats her ‘friends’ has made me think she is capable.
Agreed.

If I had to choose JD or AH as a roommate I know who I would choose. I'm sorry but she is intimidating. RP, iO, WH, and her entourage seemed to enable her behaviour too. It's very strange and creepy. I feel terrible for her child and I hope she gets real help not enablers who will continue to pretend she is a victim of JD. MOO

I think the person as per iO, who doesn’t even want anyone to know she is capable of something so crass as moving her bowels, also wouldn’t want anyone to know she ever has bad breath, lol.

I’d say she also doesn’t want to be caught out eating in public, but then we have to consider her ‘need’ to munch cookies in the middle of her 2016 deposition…

I feel she tossed ‘theatrical make-up’ in there, primarily because she wants to give the impression that she trowels on Pan-Stik or similar, which could account for the flawless complexion if you’re not too close.

this would also dovetail very well with iO literally lying ‘it’s only because I know Amber so so well, that I can tell her features are *really* swollen under her James Corden makeup’, lol.

For some reason, I don’t think it’s JD team who asked for this concession… he’s the one who wanted the cameras in the first place.

IMO, everyone including AH know the chances don’t look good for her, and AH (the person who stormed out after her testimony) wants to be able to control the narrative (possible PR claims; our little Texas belle ‘doesn’t want to see him gloat’, or is afraid, or similar).

Controlling the narrative is tough to do, if people can see negative reactions on your face and there are big cameras to capture it in perpetuity.
BAM!! AH never never wanted cameras in the courtroom in the first place, but Depp’s team won the fight to have the entirety of the trial testimony livestreamed. Meaning AH couldnt cherry-pick what information she could remember, forget or twist. And dictate what information made it out of the courtroom...

A women's abuse organization recently voiced its support for Johnny Depp amid the high-profile defamation trial between the actor and ex-wife Amber Heard

MISSION NGO, a nonprofit international organization supporting women and children from physical, sexual, and psychological abuse, released a statement in support of Depp, and people on social media have applauded the organization for recognizing men as domestic abuse victims.

Is this the first international abuse/IPV/DV organization that has come out to support JD? This seems a big deal, in my opinion.

Presence not required for the verdict? That's odd isn't it? Is that because it's civil trial?
But I so want to see AH's reaction and demeanor. (IF DP wins the case.) Yes I know, pure voyeurism.

@whitelilac ITA, that is very interesting! I was also looking forward to seeing what stunts she would pull if he wins. Guilty pleasure ;)

From Reikieta Law video. They think (Law & Lumber is there too) that if a preponderance of the evidence shows that AH gave a false statement,they can find that she acted with malice as she would have known it wasn't true.

I think she did. She mentioned something in the UK trial, I think -- BUT I believe it was brought up AFTER all this with the SA headline started. I'd have to look it up to find it, but one question came up about it. I want to say she started talking it in 2019 or 2020 after the Op-ed and lawsuit was filed.

Don't hold me to that, but I really believe I heard something LIKE that in the trial.

I don't really know why there are two media clips here but it's the second one referencing 2022 during cross. Well, somewhere there's 2022 mentioned, lol

MISSION NGO Releases Statement on Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard Trial Expressing Compassion for Johnny Depp​

"Violence is a serious topic. As women, as mothers, we have the duty and the responsibility to educate our sons and daughters, that's to say, the Future Generation, in the light of the values of dialogue, respect and compassion between men and women, without any gender distinction, in order to prevent violence with the weapons of love and education. In deep respect of the victims of domestic abuses that we have to affirm for intellectual honesty are, generally, WOMEN, we feel to express, as women, as mothers, as free thinkers, our compassion for Johnny Depp in this bad page of his personal history," said Valeria Altobelli, President and Founder of MISSION NGO.

I really, really hope this helps the ignore the evidence "believe all women" crowd take a closer look at this trial. I mean, I doubt it but maybe?

I don't really know why there are two media clips here but it's the second one referencing 2022 during cross. Well, somewhere there's 2022 mentioned, lol

This really makes me laugh. She says she "only remembered" after preparing for trial.

How convenient?!

Love how she squashes a smirk she makes when looks directly at the jury. She really thinks she has one up. All I see is a liar.

It sounds like Howell is not gonna be coming to testify in person. It’s some deposition she gave where she says she wrote a letter confronting Whitney about lying about the Staircase incident and AH in the UK trial I believe. Either way I had assumed she was coming in person.

I’m not sure how impactful a depo will be. She also wrote a declaration for Waldman who leaked it on social media. Idk. It just all feels unclean. JMO

While it does indeed look as if AH is snorting something from her sleeve-hanky, AND the last swipes with the finger are telltale of such a habit, her behavior after the possible ingestion didn't seem to be the typical response. Even me (the constant anti-AH person ;)) resists suggesting there was an illegal powder involved. I've lived through many a drug scene in my life. And, while I didn't make the wisest choices... I did live and learn.

There is no way they can separate Waldman’s media statements from JD! Of course he’s acting as an advocate/rep on behalf of JD. Good call by the judge IMO as a non-lawyer.

I wonder if it will come down to the stairs incident. It's the only one that has multiple witnesses. There are definite inconsistencies in the testimony. Amber even contradicts her own version of events from 2016 deposition. WH's account differs from Ambers. Travis and JD's seem pretty consistent, I think. The redbull can was thrown by whom and at whom? How can JD run up the stairs behind WH when he was already on the middle landing with Travis? That would mean she was facing away from him at to Amber, but Amber claims Whitney was inserting herself bodily to protect Amber. Where does Travis fit in who claims HE was inserting himself between Amber and JD? AH says JD was swinging to hit WH in 2022, push WH in 2016, and she struck him to prevent the attempt. WH says he struck her on her back. Also that he had AH by the hair and was punching her multiple times. I don't think even AH has claimed this, at least not in 2016. Travis says JD didn't touch AH, but that AH punched him while on the middle landing and earlier had thrown a redbull can, a purse and various items at JD including spitting at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson