VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it will come down to the stairs incident. It's the only one that has multiple witnesses. There are definite inconsistencies in the testimony. Amber even contradicts her own version of events from 2016 deposition. WH's account differs from Ambers. Travis and JD's seem pretty consistent, I think. The redbull can was thrown by whom and at whom? How can JD run up the stairs behind WH when he was already on the middle landing with Travis? That would mean she was facing away from him at to Amber, but Amber claims Whitney was inserting herself bodily to protect Amber. Where does Travis fit in who claims HE was inserting himself between Amber and JD? AH says JD was swinging to hit WH in 2022, push WH in 2016, and she struck him to prevent the attempt. WH says he struck her on her back. Also that he had AH by the hair and was punching her multiple times. I don't think even AH has claimed this, at least not in 2016. Travis says JD didn't touch AH, but that AH punched him while on the middle landing and earlier had thrown a redbull can, a purse and various items at JD including spitting at him.
WH stated that the nurse was hit in the back by the red bull can (thrown by JD iirc in her testimony). She also said the nurse didn't notice.
Right, maybe the nurse had given herself an epidural that day?

Just my opinion but a lot of AH's verbal abuse seems to come from a sexist position: that JD is less of a man, cowardly for not fighting, for not standing up to her, for running away. She even calls him a cry baby, a p*ssy etc. She made that statement on the stand about how she'd never seen a man cry and that it was weird to her. In the tapes she mocks his masculinity and skills as a father, asserts dominance by using vulgarities and adopting male attributes in her verbal attacks. I think it's consistent with how she repeatedly attacks his character in this way.

Remember that recent PR release? Same belittling verbiage; it seemed like it was coming from AH's own mouth, IMO.

I’m so disappointed with CourtTV’s use of these behavioral experts almost every other evening. It just feels like junk science. It’s OK for entertainment but not on a serious show. But I guess one could argue that CourtTV is entertainment and gossip.

I’m so disappointed with CourtTV’s use of these behavioral experts almost every other evening. It just feels like junk science. It’s OK for entertainment but not on a serious show. But I guess one could argue that CourtTV is entertainment and gossip.
They also posted exclusive pictures "from a source" which was clearly AH's PR team at work. They're doing everything for sensationalism and clicks.

Just my opinion but a lot of AH's verbal abuse seems to come from a sexist position: that JD is less of a man, cowardly for not fighting, for not standing up to her, for running away. She even calls him a cry baby, a p*ssy etc. She made that statement on the stand about how she'd never seen a man cry and that it was weird to her. In the tapes she mocks his masculinity and skills as a father, asserts dominance by using vulgarities and adopting male attributes in her verbal attacks. I think it's consistent with how she repeatedly attacks his character in this way.

Remember that recent PR release? Same belittling verbiage; it seemed like it was coming from AH's own mouth, IMO.
Hasn’t he called her horrible, degrading names as well though? That seems to be a mutual thing. He’s called her the c-word, a wh**e, expressed vile things he wants to do with her body etc.

Wait so JD may not be there for the verdict bc he has some prior engagement?! Wow. As a juror who had to sit through this tedious trial for 6 weeks if the litigant who brought the claim wasn’t even there to receive his verdict I’d be so pissed! Poor jury! They’re in my thoughts as we get close to deliberations! What a nightmare for them!

Also since AH has a counterclaim she will have the final word in closings it looks like.

IMO, the anchors are running out of things to challenge/discuss, without sounding like simpletons who don’t have law degrees.

During the daytime this week, for example, some expert witness in the field of law or psych said that it was screamingly clear AH was lying all through her 2 days of testimony; host Ted Rowlands didn’t even blink, never mind challenge this expert. No ‘oh wow, that’s a a bold statement! What makes you say that?”, just, moving swiftly on…

“Maaaaybe my father cried when my grandmother died’ - of course, that’s the equivalent of JD crying over his mother’s passing; she can’t even generously allow that this is an acceptable rationale/exception.

Hasn’t he called her horrible, degrading names as well though? That seems to be a mutual thing. He’s called her the c-word, a wh**e, expressed vile things he wants to do with her body etc.
I was commenting on the toxic sexist attitude AH seems to openly display, which contrasts with her pearl-clutching persona she portrayed on the stand. She wants to come across as a feminist activist and yet consistently portrays behaviours I associate more with toxic masculinity. It's a stark contrast from the image she has cultivated. Only my opinion and speculation, not fact, of course.

Edited to add: I mean it's right there in that damning statement where she taunts JD to tell the world that he, a man, is a domestic victim too, and see who believes him.

I think the final verdict could be very triggering for both of them and possibly very sad and shocking. It is probably the best thing for their mental health if they can watch the proceedings from a safe space.
Yes maybe AH can watch from a locked padded cell. And JD can watch from a rehab hospital. Good for both.

I was commenting on the toxic sexist attitude AH seems to openly display, which contrasts with her pearl-clutching persona she portrayed on the stand. She wants to come across as a feminist activist and yet consistently portrays behaviours I associate more with toxic masculinity. It's a stark contrast from the image she has cultivated. Only my opinion and speculation, not fact, of course.
Don’t forget her making him procure everything from $500 bottles of wine to drugs… she is anything but independent, despite her hot proclamations to the contrary.

We have very little proof that this staunch self proclaimed feminist did not believe that men should pay for everything, in addition to never crying and taking punches from a woman ‘like a man’.

IMO, the anchors are running out of things to challenge/discuss, without sounding like simpletons who don’t have law degrees.

During the daytime this week, for example, some expert witness in the field of law or psych said that it was screamingly clear AH was lying all through her 2 days of testimony; host Ted Rowlands didn’t even blink, never mind challenge this expert. No ‘oh wow, that’s a a bold statement! What makes you say that?”, just, moving swiftly on…
Yeah I never bother with the daytime anchors. They say the most inane things. I like Vinnie’s evening show though. He’s more animated and usually has a couple insightful things to add. But he’s had these behavioral experts on almost every night and they just add a level of bs to the whole thing IMO.

She testified in the UK trial that she remained financially independent from JD throughout their relationship. She wanted to show the courts she wanted no money from JD, that she didn't ever want or need his money. She donated all of his settlement to charity, even.

Now she's testifying that he controlled her finances and controlled her every move. That she had no resources or support network (despite her friends and sister freeloading in adjacent apartments owned by JD). Which is it?

Edited to add: I mean it's right there in that damning statement where she taunts JD to tell the world that he, a man, is a domestic victim too, and see who believes him.
She's just sooooo dramatic that most people find it hard to relate to her. Her never seeing *a man cry* is soooooo over the top. This coming from an actress. Maybe she really never saw a man cry in real life, but in movies or television? Anyway just my whatever thoughts. MOO

Hmmm I think they both pretend to be something they’re not (JD has a romanticized view of himself for sure; he’s living in a Hunter Thompson script) and the name calling reveals a lot on both sides. They both do it. They’re both sexist. And vile with their words. JD tries to act like this gentle, respectful soul but then says all these sexist things about actresses, calls her a “fat *advertiser censored**”, the c-word, etc. so for me it’s a wash on that front. He called the divorce lawyer the b-word for trying to do her job. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans