UK UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, murdered at home, Nairn, Scotland, 28 Nov 2004

It's possible and if AW refused to give it back that might be why things turned violent.
That lends itself to the warning (not murder theory, gone wrong). BUT police believe shooter did go back to get it..why? Dna? The name?

Last edited:
That lends itself to the warning (not murder theory, gone wrong). BUT police believe shooter did go back to get it..why? Dna? The name?
oh...put me straight....I didn't think this was the. police theory-...I just thought it was just this. local journalists theory.
if he did go back...and were dealing in ifs. here...id imagine. he told aw. to phone Paul...aw looks totally blank..and says he hasn't got a. phone number for a. Paul.

gunman can't remember the number off. pat so, probably as confused as aw is, he goes back. to look it. up. and comes back with it. written on the back of an envelope...then. David t s theory. comes into play which would be a believable follow on, that because the gunman knows that there could be nasty stuff afoot, wants. to take the envelope with him, so when aw goes back inside, he. assumes he's going to write it. down for himself....but when aw. reappears, he wants to keep the envelope.

confusion, scuffle, shot.

well, its one theory

oh, sorry..dont think I answered your question properly...presumably the shooter wanted the. envelope because. he didn't. want to be associated. with what could turn out to be a nasty situation..if. Paul did want him to phone, we. dont know what he was planning

oh, sorry..dont think I answered your question properly...presumably the shooter wanted the. envelope because. he didn't. want to be associated. with what could turn out to be a nasty situation..if. Paul did want him to phone, we. dont know what he was planning
If you watch the stv grampion unsolved footage (I posted earlier) you will hear it was DCI Mc Phee who theorised about the shooter returning to get the envelope BECAUSE why else would (given her delay in getting back down the stairs when hearing shots/pallet/fighting noise) VW STILL be SEEING the shooter walking/running away (I'm not clear if VW said shooter was running or walking BUT she maintains she SAW him away down the street!)... so, either the envelope OR casings?? needed getting I.e DNA, incriminating detail etc OR it was some fabrication to why the shooter was still visible/at large, given the shooting had finished etc. IMO. Police favour the former. I'm keeping an open mind!

Last edited:
If you watch the stv grampion unsolved footage (I posted earlier) you will hear it was DCI Mc Phee who theorised about the shooter returning to get the envelope BECAUSE why else would (given her delay in getting back down the stairs when hearing shots/pallet/fighting noise) VW STILL be SEEING the shooter walking/running away (I'm not clear if VW said shooter was running or walking BUT she maintains she SAW him away down the street!)... so, either the envelope OR casings?? needed getting I.e DNA, incriminating detail etc OR it was some fabrication to why the shooter was still visible/at large, given the shooting had finished etc. IMO. Police favour the former. I'm keeping an open mind!
oh, aye thanks...I think it was more likely to be the envelope, but, as youve probably noticed, im keeping an open mind about everything....reckon we. should. go down to the police station and give them a headache

another thought about Paul...in Germany and much of Eastern Europe you'd pronounce Paul as Scots would one syllable Powell etc...did east europeans do the decking

another thought about Paul...in Germany and much of Eastern Europe you'd pronounce Paul as Scots would one syllable Powell etc...did east europeans do the decking
VW has never mentioned any accent BUT of course the shooter could have been Scottish (sent/paid by ANY nationality!).

VW has never mentioned any accent BUT of course the shooter could have been Scottish (sent/paid by ANY nationality!).
yes, of course....I was just speculating how the confusion about Paul could have come about

View attachment 344984
Hi guys i just recently read this book from Nate, he was the one that lifted the lid on what was written on the envelope 5 years ago. It's a fantastic read and I would advise anyone on here to read it.
thanks, Micky...ive just ordered it.

I suppose to fit in with the official version, you'd have to think the gunman went back to fetch the gun..but that doesn't make much sense either...as, according to the official version, aw. hadn't told him he'd be coming outside again, so what did he. intend to do....spend the whole night outside waiting...one reason that I dont think he originally intended to kill is that, if he'd watched Wilsons movements, he'd have surely found a quieter place to. do it....I think he was totally perplexed by Wilsons reaction, so maybe he nipped back to someone to get further instructions.
ive found something that could tie. in with one of my theories above but its very tenuous and would probably lead to my being sued.
I know its. unlikely, but as a matter interest, does anyone know who aw was. supposed. to be having an affair with

thanks, Micky...ive just ordered it.

I suppose to fit in with the official version, you'd have to think the gunman went back to fetch the gun..but that doesn't make much sense either...as, according to the official version, aw. hadn't told him he'd be coming outside again, so what did he. intend to do....spend the whole night outside waiting...one reason that I dont think he originally intended to kill is that, if he'd watched Wilsons movements, he'd have surely found a quieter place to. do it....I think he was totally perplexed by Wilsons reaction, so maybe he nipped back to someone to get further instructions.
ive found something that could tie. in with one of my theories above but its very tenuous and would probably lead to my being sued.
I know its. unlikely, but as a matter interest, does anyone know who aw was. supposed. to be having an affair with
Was it confirmed AW was having an affair? I didn't think he was.

Ahhh! I thought his name was familiar! He contributed to Bleksley's book! They worked together after Bleksley asked for assistance/info.! They got on well and worked on keeping the case going! I've downloaded the free sample, reading it now!

Thanks @Mickymack10 I'm ordering it now!
Your welcome. I really like Nate you can tell he's spent years studying this case and put alot of passion into it. He also backs up alot of his theories up with Police statements from very early on in the case which seem to not be spoken about now, and there's definitely alot of contradiction with them aswell.
It's a fantastic read. I hope you enjoy it, let us know what you think of the book.

Thanks

Was it confirmed AW was having an affair? I didn't think he was.
I dont think he was, either and. it certainly hasn't been confirmed.
but I. seem to remember that the rumour was it was with someone who was working at a particular place....ive found a very tentative connection...so nothing that strong ...to that place of employment so I was just going to have a look to see if I could find anything, ...I dont think an affair, but a connection with someone there, which may or probably not be. of any significance

I dont think he was, either and. it certainly hasn't been confirmed.
but I. seem to remember that the rumour was it was with someone who was working at a particular place....ive found a very tentative connection...so nothing that strong ...to that place of employment so I was just going to have a look to see if I could find anything, ...I dont think an affair, but a connection with someone there, which may or probably not be. of any significance
Well I don't know any names etc, but keep us informed (within the rules etc!).

Thoughts so far on Nate's thesis:
Very well reasoned/written so far (half way through - stopped to write notes here!). But...I thought the man on the bus was ruled out?
If the family don't want ramifications due to identifying/antagonising the perps./associates why has his son appealed so much for the truth?
I agree entirely that some weird censoring of info./intel is going on in this case.
Are they using this case as collateral towards a far bigger case?
HBOS was a disgrace yes and the timing, close to the 2008 global banking crises is interesting.
Interesting timing/coincidence that he was also leaving banking/this occured?
I have never seen a blue A4 envelope though??? Air mail yes, but not A4 size blue? Unless like a big hallmark/birthday card?
Regarding the other child in the house, was this relevant? Or just a coincidence? I'll read on....

Last edited:
Interesting...Tommy Hogg/VW witness/e.fits being dismissed. Interesting reading! Back to A5 size envelope now! We are only as good as the information we are given though!!! As we are not psychic! Let's hope we all discover the truth eventually!!!

Thanks @Mickymack10 I'm ordering it now!
Your welcome. I really like Nate you can tell he's spent years studying this case and put alot of passion into it. He also backs up alot of his theories up with Police statements from very early on in the case which seem to not be spoken about now, and there's definitely alot of contradiction with them aswell.
It's a fantastic read. I hope you enjoy it, let us know what you think of the book.

Thanks
Very well reasoned/written so far (half way through - stopped to write notes here!). But...I thought the man on the bus was ruled out?
If the family don't want ramifications due to identifying/antagonising the perps./associates why has his son appealed so much for the truth?
I agree entirely that some weird censoring of info./intel is going on in this case.
HBOS was a disgrace yes and the timing, close to the 2008 global banking crises is interesting.
I have never seen a blue A4 envelope though??? Air mail yes, but not A4 size blue? Unless like a big hallmark/birthday card?
Regarding the other child in the house, was this relevant? Or just a coincidence? I'll read I think at the time of Nate's hypothesis that information wasn't known to the public that the man in the bus had been ruled out of the enquiry.

Regarding the other child in the house, was this relevant? Or just a coincidence? I'll read on....
I think at the time of Nate's hypothesis the Police hadn't released that information to the public that the man on the bus had been ruled out of there enquiry. It wasn't until 2017 I believe that the Police confirmed this.
I think after such a brutal murder the Police clearly were trying to safeguard VW and her son's, so maybe they felt at the time they wanted to hold back some of the true events Incase it put her in danger. As the years have gone by they probably feel more comfortable with allowing more information to come out, and I also think there is an emotional element to Andrew's appeal, he clearly just wants an answer or some form of justice for his Dad, I admire his bravery.
I still do think there is alot of information being held back. I also believe Andrew will no more about what happened, especially with what the exact conversation that took place between his Mum and Dad, but ofcourse that won't ever be made public.
In my opinion I don't think it had anything to do with the decking planning objection

Interesting...Tommy Hogg/VW witness/e.fits being dismissed. Interesting reading! Back to A5 size envelope now! We are only as good as the information we are given though!!! As we are not psychic! Let's hope we all discover the truth eventually!!!
Very bizarre considering he was shown an E-Fit artist sketch of the gunman and he confirmed that it was identical to the man he seen on the bus. So as NATE rightly pointed out, where did that E-FIT that was shown to Tommy Hogg come from? It must have been from Veronica as she was the only person that saw him
Its very bizarre.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back