GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

I hope Brittanee's parents demand answers as to why this happened? This is so wrong on so many levels. I also hope they file a wrongful death suit against him asap.
Yes, against local, state & federal authorities.
Just think he probably came home from California as a veteran allowing people to believe he had served his country in the military instead of the 21 years in prison as a class III monster sexual predator he is.

It looks like from 2004 when he was released from the California prison until 2010.
But let’s look at all the missed opportunities along the way: he was under parole, his parole officer should’ve made sure he was on it; he got arrested for indecent exposure in 2008 which is a charge that automatically requires your name be put on the sexual offender list, but he was allowed to plead to a lesser offense. (would love to see the details on that one. Were there children around?) No one noticed that he should’ve been on the list already.
When Britney went missing, his name was not on the list. He should’ve been looked at first but apparently local law-enforcement was not aware that this violent sexual predator was among us.
In 2009 the ticket he got in Surfside Beach should have flagged his status as a violent sexual offender, but it did not.
Somehow in 2010 he was charged with not registering so it looks like he was off the registry from 2004 when he walked out of that California prison until 2010.
Just think of all the unsuspecting innocent people who were exposed to this monster all that time.
Just because he was charged with failure to register in 2010 doesn’t mean that he wasn’t registered between 2004 - 2010.

In the state of South Carolina, Tier III sex offenders are required to verify their information is current and accurate every three months for the rest of their life. This must be done in person at the county sheriff’s office. I think his 2010 charge was likely the result of missing one of these check-ins.

A person determined by a court to be a sexually violent predator pursuant to state law is required to verify registration and be photographed every ninety days by the sheriff's department in the county in which he resides unless the person is committed to the custody of the State, and verification will be held in abeyance until his release.

(B) A person classified as a Tier III offender by Title I of the federal Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Pub. L. 109-248), the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA), is required to register every ninety days.

Just because he was charged with failure to register in 2010 doesn’t mean that he wasn’t registered between 2004 - 2010.

In the state of South Carolina, Tier III sex offenders are required to verify their information is current and accurate every three months for the rest of their life. This must be done in person at the county sheriff’s office. I think his 2010 charge was likely the result of missing one of these check-ins.

A person determined by a court to be a sexually violent predator pursuant to state law is required to verify registration and be photographed every ninety days by the sheriff's department in the county in which he resides unless the person is committed to the custody of the State, and verification will be held in abeyance until his release.

(B) A person classified as a Tier III offender by Title I of the federal Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006 (Pub. L. 109-248), the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA), is required to register every ninety days.
Maybe someone should subpoenae those records to see if in fact they exist so we can have all of the facts straight about this “sexually violent predator” and how well or not he was monitored by local, state & federal law enforcement as he lived & walked among us & whether the public had any idea of his criminal record.
Also would be interested to see the facts surrounding the charges of indecent exposure in 2008 & what it was plead down to and why?
Also, whether or not those indecent exposure charges would have had any affect on his original 40+ year sentence in California for which he was released early from for?

Last edited:
I have been going crazy trying to get back in here, originally followed closely - I’m SeaNymph on the old archived boards. I emailed Knipes in late 2009 when I found this guy on the RSO in G’town. His address was at the bottom of the bridge of her last ping!!!! In 2011 when his name & photo hit, AGAIN. I KNEW it was him, and that he was likely the one who tried to assault two young girls near 8th South less than 2 weeks before Brittanee was taken. He should’ve NEVER been released in California!

Last edited by a moderator:

Been talking about this guy for the past 11 years now! RIP Brittanee.
Now, it makes you wonder how many others he's violated and killed since then!
Yes!!!!!
He was a named POI back in 2012. Of note, the day he got the ticket is the date they think he buried Brittanee (at the press conference they said he buried her "on or about April 26").

A traffic ticket shows that a person of interest in the case of missing New York teenager Brittanee Drexel was near the location the teen was last seen the day after she disappeared.
Raymond Moody,Georgetown, was pulled over by Surfside Beach Police Officer Steve Brode at 3:21pm April 26, 2009, according to the ticket obtained by News 13.

The ticket shows Moody was traveling 45 miles per hour in a 30 miles per hour section of 16th Avenue North and Cherry Drive in SurfsideBeach.

It also shows Moody was driving a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he was pulled over.
The ticket indicates Moody paid a $133 fine and therefore did not need to show up to the set May 20, 2009 court date.
I always thought this trip was to perhaps discard her purse or whatever in the marshy areas of Surfside, between 17 & the beach.

Traffic counts from SC DOT for 2009, I believe line 1 reflects the number of cars (9100!) passing the boat landing in 24 hrs., further investigation is roughly 10% truck traffic.

These landing often go DOWN below bridges, and that late there would not be a lot of activity in the parking yard, but not unusual for a random truck or trailer to be there.
Also back in 2011 we found he had three registered vehicles, the motorcycle and a truck is all I recall, not the 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very good to see, we look at the pictures of this 'broken down' 62 y ear old. This is more representative of this guy at the time. Perfectly capable of grabbing a girl. I personally do not believe he was a clean up guy, he is a perp with a history. I think he has more victims, maybe not murders but more crimes will come to light. as far as the other "thugs" in my opinion they are probably bad dudes, but built their reputation with tall tales for street cred. Just my own thoughts.
No doubt. They knew he was there.

Attachments

• C4445940-1DD0-4466-8319-7923971A758E.jpeg
    C4445940-1DD0-4466-8319-7923971A758E.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 5E07AF12-0D80-472B-903B-43DEA4861241.jpeg
    5E07AF12-0D80-472B-903B-43DEA4861241.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 36
These landing often go DOWN below bridges, and that late there would not be a lot of activity in the parking yard, but not unusual for a random truck or trailer to be there.
Also back in 2011 we found he had three registered vehicles, the motorcycle and a truck is all I recall, not the 3rd.
He owned an old white panel work van with letters from a different time removed but not well.

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but when I lived in the area there was RARELY any cars at that landing, and if there were, I looked at them HARD as I drove by, lol, because it was so unusual. I moved away in 2006

Maybe its just me, but when I lived in the area there was RARELY any cars at that landing, and if there were, I looked at them HARD as I drove by, lol, because it was so unusual. I moved away in 2006
I’m in the Big and Little Pee Dee River range so it was never unusual for me growing up…IF you could even see down on the launch ramp, which was almost never within eyesight. He may not have parked in the lot but down the ramp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back