TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually really bothers me that Strickland went out of his way to clarify that he was not in a romantic relationship with Moriah at the time she was murdered. Does he not understand that the truth will be found out most likely and obviously the relationship was not on the up and up or he wouldn’t have had to lie to his girlfriend about where he was going?! He is not to blame for the murder obviously but wow this is gross behaviour IMO.
Indeed, it seemed that he thought that with Moriah dead his unfaithfulness wouldn't be found out. He lied to police, not a good look, and it took mere hours for his lies to be disproven. I will say that the guy is probably somewhat afraid for his own life with KA on the loose, but I think he's more afraid for his reputation.

Indeed, it seemed that he thought that with Moriah dead his unfaithfulness wouldn't be found out. He lied to police, not a good look, and it took mere hours for his lies to be disproven. I will say that the guy is probably somewhat afraid for his own life with KA on the loose, but I think he's more afraid for his reputation.
He should be afraid for his reputation! This is a very bad look.

From his IG post featured in the MSM article above: "Some can live without an array of creative outlets, but I cannot." Sounds like someone who thinks very highly of himself. I bet given a few years AMW would see right through him. So sad she fell victim to this toxic situation.

I can't believe Austin PD let KA go.

LE must have let KA go because they didn't have all the evidence they needed at that time to hold her.

I was surpised KA returned the gun she used to her home, it sounds like she didn't think she would be found to be the murderer. Nor that her SUV would be on video in the neighborhood. So makes me wonder how she could be on the run all this time without being found. I hope it isn't a suicide situation and that she is found before any additional tragedy takes place. If she left her gun at their home, then we know that she isn't armed so would not likely shoot herself.

LE must have let KA go because they didn't have all the evidence they needed at that time to hold her.

I was surpised KA returned the gun she used to her home, it sounds like she didn't think she would be found to be the murderer. Nor that her SUV would be on video in the neighborhood. So makes me wonder how she could be on the run all this time without being found. I hope it isn't a suicide situation and that she is found before any additional tragedy takes place. If she left her gun at their home, then we know that she isn't armed so would not likely shoot herself.
Maybe she’s holed up in a hotel? Hopefully she will turn herself in and face the music…

At first I wondered why MW would be involved with Strickland who was already in a relationship with KA, given everything everyone described about her personality and character. But after reading this article and the LE report, it seems that Strickland was playng them both. Seems that MW was confused about their relationship and wanting clarification, given the text she sent to Strickland when she saw him with KA at some event. I am guessing that he told MW that his relationship with KA was over, and he probably told KA that his relationship witht MW was over, also.

I wonder why he bought two firearms at the time he did, one for him and one for Armstrong. Why that timing.
When did he do that?

When did he do that?
From MSM article link above (and reposted below), it sounds like CS bought the two guns in January, around the time that KA found out about the relationship between CS and MW from the fall. See below, BBM.

Strickland and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January.

The Austin American Statesman reported that Armstrong 'became furious and was shaking in anger,' according to a tipster who spoke with police.

<snipped>

Armstrong allegedly told the tipster that she wanted to kill Wilson and that she had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to, according to the affidavit, obtained by Fox 7 Austin.

<snipped>

Strickland told police that he purchased two 9mm handguns for him and Armstrong around this time.

From MSM article link above (and reposted below), it sounds like CS bought the two guns in January, around the time that KA found out about the relationship between CS and MW from the fall. See below, BBM.

Strickland and Armstrong got back together shortly after his fling with Wilson but his girlfriend only found out about the one-week dalliance in January.

The Austin American Statesman reported that Armstrong 'became furious and was shaking in anger,' according to a tipster who spoke with police.

<snipped>

Armstrong allegedly told the tipster that she wanted to kill Wilson and that she had either recently purchased a firearm or was going to, according to the affidavit, obtained by Fox 7 Austin.

<snipped>

Strickland told police that he purchased two 9mm handguns for him and Armstrong around this time.
The timing is so bizarre…

The timing is so bizarre…

I would hope that he was able to provide LE with an explanation of why he bought the two guns "around that time" (i.e. in January). For example, was their neighborhood increasingly unsafe? Had there been some carjackings in the area that they were worried about (he drives an expensive car). Did they need firearms when they worked at the site of their business together repairing vintage trailers/mobile homes? It would be good to know.

Or was KS so outraged that she secretly planned to get CS to buy them each a firearm with forethought to killing MW? The latter would surpise me, but anything is possible I guess.

Strickland told detectives Armstrong did not know where Wilson was staying. But Wilson's Strava account might have provided a clue: On the day she was killed, she uploaded a ride that began and ended at the home where she was staying.

This is especially chilling to me. People’s locations are so readily accessible nowadays. :(

RSBM and BBM

“While we will not elaborate about the ongoing investigation, we do feel it’s important to clarify that at the time of her death, those closest to her clearly understood, directly from Moriah, that she was not in a romantic relationship with anyone,” the family wrote in a statement.

Investigators said, based on their search of Wilson’s phone, text messages indicated that Wilson thought she “was still in a romantic relationship with Strickland even though he was currently dating Armstrong.”

This article has the neighbors’ security camera photos of the suspect’s vehicle.

RSBM and BBM

After Armstrong discovered the fling, she reportedly contacted Wilson several times and even called her to tell her 'she was the one who was dating Strickland'.
Strickland changed Wilson's name in his phone so that Armstrong wouldn't know who he was chatting with 'so they could continue their relationship'.
On May 17, a gun found at Strickland's residence was 'test fired' and police said it had ‘significant potential' that that gun could have been used in the crime.
When the yoga teacher was questioned about her boyfriend's affair, she reportedly 'rolled her eyes in an angry manner.'
The only thing missing from [the victim’s] room was her bike, which investigators said they found in a bamboo thicket more than 60 feet from the house.

The male cyclist, the affidavit said, told police he and the woman he lives with had purchased their handguns at McBride’s gun store in Austin. He stated that he usually keeps the gun inside a case in the residence and has never shot it. He said he has two different types of ammunition, which he described as practice ammunition and “kill” ammunition.

Good information in this article. Apparently Armstrong was picked up on an unrelated warrant to be able to talk to her and it was realized that the warrant was invalid so she was told she could leave and she did.

This article has the neighbors’ security camera photos of the suspect’s vehicle.

RSBM and BBM

Look at these pictures, it seems like the affidavit is off, but likely not in a material way. There's no way this picture:
Was taken 10 minutes before this picture - they look at least an hour apart:
This would mean KA arrived significantly before CS/MO returned.

Last edited:
This is weird. So her car was spotted on the camera driving by, but was she spotted parking it or getting out? Wouldn't the camera show her getting out? Unless she parked it somewhere else and then snuck around the house or something? Was she laying in wait and pushed her way in behind the victim? It seems odd the victim would let her in. It is also weird to me that she returned her gun to her home after killing her rather than dispose of the weapon. Strange he bought them both guns. Who buys a gun for the angry woman he's cheating on? I mean the circumstances certainly seem to suggest she is the killer but after reading the details some of this also strikes me as really off.

Look at these pictures, it seems like the affidavit is off, but likely not in a material way. There's no way this picture:
Was taken 10 minutes before this picture - they look at least an hour apart:
This would mean KA arrived significantly before CS/MO returned.
I thought something about these pictures seemed off. She arrived in broad daylight but MW arrived well after dark. So where was K? I can't recall her last name. It seems if that was her arriving to kill she had to have gone somewhere else after driving by and parked her car. Are they having other people check their cameras?

This is weird. So her car was spotted on the camera driving by, but was she spotted parking it or getting out? Wouldn't the camera show her getting out? Unless she parked it somewhere else and then snuck around the house or something? Was she laying in wait and pushed her way in behind the victim? It seems odd the victim would let her in. It is also weird to me that she returned her gun to her home after killing her rather than dispose of the weapon. Strange he bought them both guns. Who buys a gun for the angry woman he's cheating on? I mean the circumstances certainly seem to suggest she is the killer but after reading the details some of this also strikes me as really off.
Very interesting observation on the timing of the photos. I wonder (MOO) if KA secretly turned on the location of CS's phone, had tracking software on his phone or hid a tracking device/ air tag on his motorcycle. KA would have known at the start of their evening together where CS was and had time to acquire weapon or lie in wait.
I also find it suspicious (per affidavit) CS immediately after dropping MW texts KA with many details at 8:36 pm. This was the same time MW opened the door. Curious if he often texted in this manner... feels like more than a lie about dropping flowers... almost like establishing an alibi they were not together?
MOO!

By this time, it is possible that KA has committed suicide, but I am a bit surprised, quite honestly, that she didn't also kill CS as well, after killing MW. She was clearly being played, and had to know it, as was poor MW. JMO

Last edited:
By this time, it is possible that KA has committed suicide, but I am a bit surprised, quite honestly, that she didn't also kill CS as well, after killing MW. She was clearly being played, as was poor MW. JMO
She tried to conceal it and I think she thought she was going to get away with it actually - and live happily ever after with CS maybe?! Very sad and senseless with misdirected anger IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla