Fire Update Information

JDB

Tybee you will never be forgotten
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am starting anew one so we can get back to the updates.

I am starting anew one so we can get back to the updates.

Thank you for starting a new thread. If I had to wade through one more post on Love_Mama's new grandchild...

(That's just a joke, LM. My heartiest congratulations!)

Thanks JDB. You should point people to this one though.

Thanks JDB. You should point people to this one though.

He did. Twice. The pointers got lost in a flurry of discussion, but that's not JDB's fault.

Oh thank you JDB.I will look for updates here. :blowkiss:

The five-mile stretch of Silverado Canyon Road is still safe. - 3:53 p.m. At 2 p.m., fire broke over the top of the second ridge overlooking the canyon. About five fire engines set up a defensive position at mile 5. At 3 p.m. those engines were replaced by at least a half dozen heavy-duty engines that can cut back brush.

I cannot believe this has still not been contained. I feel so bad for you posters and your families going through this. I cant imagine...

I cannot believe this has still not been contained. I feel so bad for you posters and your families going through this. I cant imagine...
It's nightmare over there. I think there is still great concern that it will ignite the Cleveland National Forest.

Camp Pendleton Stables Safe and Secure

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP PENDLETON, Calif.
(Oct. 25, 2007) --
The Stepp Stables were threatened when a fire ignited on Camp Pendleton Oct. 25, near the San Luis Rey gate burning 70 acres before being contained by the Camp Pendleton Fire Department with air support from Marine helicopters.

Evacuation of the stables and rodeo grounds began shortly after the start of the fire, reducing the total number of animals from approximately 480 to less than 200 by the time the fire had been contained, said Debbie McCain, secretary for the stables.

"We had many people evacuate to the rodeo grounds across the street, and some of the private owners took their animals to other farms in the area," McCain said.

Officials said that residents of the Serra Mesa housing area were directed to evacuate to the 22 Area Parade Deck.

http://www.marines.mil/marinelink/mcn2000.nsf/0/2076C6A858702F488525737F0075472D?opendocument

A sorry time for all the people whose homes actually burned down. Posting so I will get the updated posts.

Where is the world will all of the massive amount of debri be handled?

Gonzo just posted a link for you JBean, on the OLDE thread. OLDE thread should be locked - person who started this thread should handle THAT LITTLE DETAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
============================
"

---Quote (Originally by JBean)---
Does anyone have a link that Bush's visit actually impacted air support to the fires? or is this an assumption?
I cannot find anything on that. thanks
---End Quote---
From FAA flight restriction notification: (https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/geo/geoQuery.html)

PERHAPS the White house should have an official photography crew that could be dispatched, and maintain the integrity of the disaster, without special consideration for the pres.

.Congratulations LoveMama. :HappyBday :woohoo:

It's nightmare over there. I think there is still great concern that it will ignite the Cleveland National Forest.

I havent been watching the news much lately, are they helping the residents in regards to masks and breathing issues? I dont know how much they would help though. Im just imagining all of the pollutants from houses being in the air.

HI camper. Probably futile, but hopefully we can have a discussion type thread and an update thread.
If it doesn't work it doesn;t work..just throwing it out there. Hoping to make update information easier to find.

HI camper. Probably futile, but hopefully we can have a discussion type thread and an update thread.
If it doesn't work it doesn;t work..just throwing it out there. Hoping to make update information easier to find.

JBean, I hope you noticed that most of us stopped the political discussion as soon as we saw your request. You're a very powerful woman (and rightfully so)!

The air is much, much worse here in the Coachella Valley and has grown steadily worse all day.

I can only hope that means some of the air at the coast is improving...

JBean, I hope you noticed that most of us stopped the political discussion as soon as we saw your request. You're a very powerful woman (and rightfully so)!

The air is much, much worse here in the Coachella Valley and has grown steadily worse all day.

I can only hope that means some of the air at the coast is improving...
Oh Nova! I was just hoping we could have 2 threads that's all. I am trying to contribute to both conversations. One for updates and one for more in depth discussion. I posted a very interesting article..you should read.
thanks Nova.

0719 October 25, 2007
Horno fire is 17,000 acres and 40-50 % contained.
The fire has two heads- one north bound tied into Basilone Rd and the other south bound tied into Canyon Rd. Las Flores (41 Area) relocated and back-fire ops started along Canyon Rd to Basilone Rd. Back-fire ops are also being conducted on the northern head from San Onofre (51 Area) to SOI (52 Area) to Camp Horno (53 Area) to tie northern burned area to build containment.
Wilcox Fire and San Luis Rey Fire is 100% contained.

http://www.cpp.usmc.mil/scout/ssi/fire.asp

Basilone rd is on the San Clemente side of CP and is pretty close to my area. Hopefully it will be kept away from the back hills of SC,because that leads to a whole new area of fuel.

Oh Nova! I was just hoping we could have 2 threads that's all. I am trying to contribute to both conversations. One for updates and one for more in depth discussion. I posted a very interesting article..you should read.
thanks Nova.

I'll read it. But after all you've done for us in terms of keeping us informed, I didn't want you think we just ignored your request.

(I did notice, however, that you ignored my request that you come get your smoke and take it back to the coast. I can only assume you are on your way. :D)

California nuclear reactors not in fire danger

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Southern California wildfires moved closer on Wednesday to two nuclear reactors at the giant San Onofre electrical plant in San Diego County, but were not seen threatening operations, officials said.
"The fire does not pose a threat to the plant itself," said Gil Alexander, spokesman for Southern California Edison. Separately, officials from the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission confirmed Alexander's assessment.
The fires raging in northern San Diego County on a U.S. Marine base were about a mile from the inland edge of the San Onofre complex but were still several miles from the reactors.
But even if flames approach the reactors, there is little danger a blaze will reach them because they are surrounded by acres of concrete, officials said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSN2451292420071024

"Surrounded by acres of concrete." I know that's a good thing at the moment, but it's kind of depressing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back