Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall reading any links about it, all I can say is that during the live show (which I attended) there was some conversation around William possibly falling from the balcony and GJ said he'd investigated that theory, as had the investigator before him. So for accuracy he didn't say Hans Rupp but it's a safe to say that's who he meant.
Thankyou ... I appreciate that information.....

So many things, lately, have been said like statements, without any links, and it is hard to differentiate truth from fiction and so often those things become "facts" of the case when they are not ... and sometimes it is difficult to remember every detail of the last 7 years ..
imo

Last edited:
One thing that puzzles me. Considering that the sniffer dogs didn't detected William's scent outside the front of the property, why did GJ have a theory that PS's wife may have accidentally hit William with her car?
PD GOV didn't detect William's scent due to the amount of people that had walked all over the place & the time ( stated by his handler at the inquest )

IMO it doesn't mean that William didn't go outside the boundary. They really don't know either way , hence all options were on the table IMO

ABC published an article last week about the stigma for foster children, and how damaging it can be to the child ... as told by a foster child.
By the time this girl was 10 years old, she was starting to get bullied for being a foster child. Once she reached high school, the bullying grew worse and sometimes became physical.

I just wanted to put the article here, to give an example of the reason that children's services maintain absolute privacy for foster children.

"I'm sad to say now that I was ashamed to be in care then.
I believed that I was worth less than other people because I wasn't with my birth parents. The fact that I was "the foster kid" was always hanging over my head."

I have found a link for Jubelin investigating a balcony fall, does anyone have a link for Rupp???

"About 18 months into the investigation, some members of the police strike force suggested there was evidence that needed to be clarified with the foster-parents.

Mr Jubelin said he wasn't "overly concerned" but wanted to make sure every angle was covered.

That was when he formally interviewed the couple"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ABC published an article last week about the stigma for foster children, and how damaging it can be to the child ... as told by a foster child.
By the time this girl was 10 years old, she was starting to get bullied for being a foster child. Once she reached high school, the bullying grew worse and sometimes became physical.

I just wanted to put the article here, to give an example of the reason that children's services maintain absolute privacy for foster children.

I believed that I was worth less than other people because I wasn't with my birth parents. The fact that I was "the foster kid" was always hanging over my head."

Just replying to my own post, because I was thinking about this more last night. In relation to William's sister.

At her age, I can imagine that she has been experiencing the same/similar kind of treatment from other school kids. Perhaps magnified even more, due to the trolls that have been publicly persecuting her foster parents (with no evidence).

I am not sure that a 12 year old (and younger) mind would be able to sort the wheat from the chaff. Would be strong enough to not be adversely influenced by vicious people. When children so want to be liked and accepted as equals by their peers.

imo

Thank you SouthAussie from the heart.

For some reason, Lawlink has removed the FFFC's listing that she was due to appear in Court on Wed 24th May at Downing Centre, Sydney, after being charged with giving false or misleading information to the NSW Crime Commission. The listing has been on the site since 6th May, but suddenly has been removed in the past day.

The suppression orders seem to not be very clear cut in this case.

For some reason, Lawlink has removed the FFFC's listing that she was due to appear in Court on Wed 24th May at Downing Centre, Sydney, after being charged with giving false or misleading information to the NSW Crime Commission. The listing has been on the site since 6th May, but suddenly has been removed in the past day.

Maybe the charges have been dropped? Who knows.

That has happened a number of times with the FPs now. It seems that court clerks add the names to the lists (preumably in ignorance of the situation) and then someone tells them to redact them.

I can’t access it, can you copy and paste please?

I think it is possible that the post is just going by the headline.

The article is by Lia Harris and was published in Dec 2015, when sister was 5 years old. It is an interview with the FP and speaks of the things the FP were advised to do to try to normalise things for William’s sister. So she could grow up with her own identity, and not simply be classed as the sister of the missing boy, William.

The FP had sought help from health professionals about how to help her cope with the grief.

They would speak of William among their family and with their close friends. But they didn’t speak of him with others outside their home or with the sister’s peers (remembering that she was 5 years old at the time). Sister was considered too young at the time to grasp the horrific nature of the abduction.

FD said …. “As she gets older and grasps the concept and is able to understand the situation in more detail, she will need to deal and manage what people say and share with others is going to be really tough for her.”

They hoped to be able to protect her from the public eye for as long as possible, so she could achieve a sense of self and have her own identity.

I can’t access it, can you copy and paste please?
Sorry, I can't, as I'm not a subscriber, but I remember reading it and it did say that William's sister wasn't allowed to tell the kids at school that she was William's sister. I have also heard it before, was it on one of the podcasts?

The article is by Lia Harris and was published in Dec 2015, when sister was 5 years old. It is an interview with the FP and speaks of the things the FP were advised to do to try to normalise things for William’s sister. So she could grow up with her own identity, and not simply be classed as the sister of the missing boy, William.

The FP had sought help from health professionals about how to help her cope with the grief.

They would speak of William among their family and with their close friends. But they didn’t speak of him with others outside their home or with the sister’s peers (remembering that she was 5 years old at the time). Sister was considered too young at the time to grasp the horrific nature of the abduction.

FD said …. “As she gets older and grasps the concept and is able to understand the situation in more detail, she will need to deal and manage what people say and share with others is going to be really tough for her.”

They hoped to be able to protect her from the public eye for as long as possible, so she could achieve a sense of self and have her own identity.
Hmmm...

mention here of laidlaws team searching inside fgms lower house with cadaver dogs, but seems to have only been in the nov 2021 search

While Mr Jubelin felt comfortable to rule out William's biological and foster families, Mr Laidlaw made no such promises, insisting 'everyone was a suspect'.

Four months ago, he revealed he believed he knew who was to blame for William's disappearance and presumed death.

'We have thoughts about what occurred to William yes and there's a range of thoughts about what happened to him yes,' Mr Laidlaw said.

On Tuesday morning, a team of eight officers and two detectives gathered at the house where William was last seen as one policeman in blue coveralls took a cadaver dog through the house's lower floor.

Sorry, I can't, as I'm not a subscriber, but I remember reading it and it did say that William's sister wasn't allowed to tell the kids at school that she was William's sister. I have also heard it before, was it on one of the podcasts?
That’s okay South Aussie posted the article and there is nothing that backs up your quote

In the Sept 2014 initial search, sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs were used but I couldn't find any information on how thoroughly they searched the FGM's property. The news article mentions that no scent of William was found. But, I do remember reading on so many occasions that the dogs lost William's scent at the end of the driveway? I can't find anything that substantiates that - I can only find "Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

Does anyone remember seeing any article that says the dogs lost the scent at the end of the driveway, please?

mention here of laidlaws team searching inside fgms lower house with cadaver dogs, but seems to have only been in the nov 2021 search

While Mr Jubelin felt comfortable to rule out William's biological and foster families, Mr Laidlaw made no such promises, insisting 'everyone was a suspect'.

Four months ago, he revealed he believed he knew who was to blame for William's disappearance and presumed death.

'We have thoughts about what occurred to William yes and there's a range of thoughts about what happened to him yes,' Mr Laidlaw said.

On Tuesday morning, a team of eight officers and two detectives gathered at the house where William was last seen as one policeman in blue coveralls took a cadaver dog through the house's lower floor.

He’s been on the case almost 3 years? He hasn’t made any progress whatsoever in Williams case. I haven’t read about other cases he has worked on but he seems very vocal about his abilities

Regardless of what side of the fence people sit on with the FC, we all want the FD protected. Not one person would object to this. However, they are key people to the investigation and until the case is cracked it will likely remain this way. (They'll be in the spotlight).
If FFFC is eventually eliminated or cleared from any involvement, she's still a vital figure and her testimony is crucial to assisting the investigation. To understand what happened to William that day.
There's always going to be a strong public reaction in cases like these and lots of disagreements with people who don't share the same viewpoint but all in all we wish to see it solved.

Not sure of what possible solution there is - in guarding FD from this - however judging from comments surrounding distrust with LE, the one good thing about the media coverage (of any advancements or outcomes) is it allows the public to follow the investigation.
Agree not all methods and motives from the media have been great but interrogation is unfortunately part and parcel of journalism.

In the Sept 2014 initial search, sniffer dogs and cadaver dogs were used but I couldn't find any information on how thoroughly they searched the FGM's property. The news article mentions that no scent of William was found. But, I do remember reading on so many occasions that the dogs lost William's scent at the end of the driveway? I can't find anything that substantiates that - I can only find "Neither police sniffer dogs nor cadaver dogs had been able to pick up any sign of the boy, Fehon said."

Does anyone remember seeing any article that says the dogs lost the scent at the end of the driveway, please?

All the early articles that I can find are saying that the dogs did not find William's scent, and from memory that changed to the statement that no scent of him was found beyond the property, or beyond the driveway. I think I remember rather later a police officer being pointedly quizzed whether William's scent was found at all, and he answered briefly yes. That might be a video rather than an article. I don't remember whether it was Jubelin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74