Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm sad to say now that I was ashamed to be in care then.
I believed that I was worth less than other people because I wasn't with my birth parents. The fact that I was "the foster kid" was always hanging over my head."

i grew up in the same situation, i even had girlfriends parents who wouldn't allow me to date their daughter because i wasn't with my " real parents" and they couldn't get to know my "real parents"
i wasn't even that young, 15/16 so it follows you through life

I've had a look back, and in Thread #5, I found a link for a media article from "essential baby" that is no longer valid, that apparently mentions the scent being lost beyond the yard. Later posts suggest it was the only article to mention this, all of the other MSM stated that no scent of William was found at all. So it looks like the one news article that claimed about the driveway theory was the beginning of Chinese Whispers!

QUOTE:-
Someone correct me if I am wrong (and I cannot find the related MSM article) I thought (read) that it was reported, that the dogs could not pick up a scent from the end of the yard.. meaning WT was in the yard.
Sniffer dogs found no trace of the boy beyond the yard.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/tod...-where-is-william-tyrell-20141016-1171am.html

found it back in early threads where we discussed the dogs inside and out.

UNQUOTE.

William's scent was mentioned in this article ... from 6th Sept 2015

Police dogs were brought in and they managed to find William’s scent, but only within the boundaries of the backyard.

What the police are unwilling to say publicly is that their investigation has also included those closest to William. Privately, it is known that all family members have been checked and eliminated from the investigation.

That’s okay South Aussie posted the article and there is nothing that backs up your quote
"They would speak of William among their family and with their close friends. But they didn’t speak of him with others outside their home or with the sister’s peers (remembering that she was 5 years old at the time)".

Regardless of what side of the fence people sit on with the FC, we all want the FD protected. Not one person would object to this. However, they are key people to the investigation and until the case is cracked it will likely remain this way. (They'll be in the spotlight).
If FFFC is eventually eliminated or cleared from any involvement, she's still a vital figure and her testimony is crucial to assisting the investigation. To understand what happened to William that day.
There's always going to be a strong public reaction in cases like these and lots of disagreements with people who don't share the same viewpoint but all in all we wish to see it solved.

Not sure of what possible solution there is - in guarding FD from this - however judging from comments surrounding distrust with LE, the one good thing about the media coverage (of any advancements or outcomes) is it allows the public to follow the investigation.
Agree not all methods and motives from the media have been great but interrogation is unfortunately part and parcel of journalism.
What does FD stand for? Surely not the foster father?

Police dogs were brought in and they managed to find William’s scent, but only within the boundaries of the backyard.

What the police are unwilling to say publicly is that their investigation has also included those closest to William. Privately, it is known that all family members have been checked and eliminated from the investigation.

That is so confusing. LH says "the mother and the grandmother" came to ask if she'd seen William, and that this is about 25 minutes after William disappeared. I thought it was FFC and AMS who came to her door at about 11:30; and I haven't seen it anywhere else that FGM ventured beyond the meeting of her own block, the Wilsons' and the road. LH couldn't mistake AMS for FFC's mother.

"Mr Jubelin said the theory William may have died after falling from a balcony at the house in Kendall was investigated back in 2016.

"[We] investigated every theory: [He] died from an accident, whether William was run over on the driveway or fell over and hit his head on a rock or fell off the balcony.

"That's the most obvious place when you look at the house that a child could injure themselves."

He said he couldn't recall the foster-grandmother's car, which was seized by police last week, being examined at the time".

So did GJ know back then that the FFC had driven up near the riding school in Batar Creek Road? If so, didn't he think it pertinent to have the FGM's car checked? :confused:

mention here of laidlaws team searching inside fgms lower house with cadaver dogs, but seems to have only been in the nov 2021 search

While Mr Jubelin felt comfortable to rule out William's biological and foster families, Mr Laidlaw made no such promises, insisting 'everyone was a suspect'.

Four months ago, he revealed he believed he knew who was to blame for William's disappearance and presumed death.

'We have thoughts about what occurred to William yes and there's a range of thoughts about what happened to him yes,' Mr Laidlaw said.

On Tuesday morning, a team of eight officers and two detectives gathered at the house where William was last seen as one policeman in blue coveralls took a cadaver dog through the house's lower floor.

From your source:
WilliamTvideoMFC.jpg
This video seems suspicious to me. William sits on MFC's lap and wants whatever is bothering him to stop - my interpretation. MOO

Yet, it seems that when GJ was investigating the case, the FGM's car was unlikely to have been checked. I'm not posting the link again, as I posted it in my last post. GJ says that he went hard on the FP's, yet doesn't remember if the FGM's car was forensically checked. So it begs the question, just how thorough was the investigation into the FP's? Why are there so many contradictions in their statements of the timeline that day? Were these contradictions ever examined?

FTR the FGM's car had been searched in the early days of the investigation

"William Tyrrell’s foster grandmother’s car, which has been seized by police for forensic testing, had already been examined days after the toddler went missing seven years ago, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Crime scene officers also examined his foster parents’ then-new four-wheel-drive, and the two vehicles were returned when nothing incriminating was found.

As fresh information has led to police taking the foster grandmother’s grey Mazda from its new owners, it cannot be determined how thorough the initial testing was, but the police expert Forensic Services Group was involved from the start of the investigation".

i grew up in the same situation, i even had girlfriends parents who wouldn't allow me to date their daughter because i wasn't with my " real parents" and they couldn't get to know my "real parents"
i wasn't even that young, 15/16 so it follows you through life
Yes, it does. There's a lot of misconceptions in society about foster children, makes for a lonely childhood, so I applaud the changes where a foster child's status is kept on a need to know basis.

Many years ago, a friend of mine didn't approve of her elder daughter's friendship with another girl from school, she didn't like her going over to her house, I asked why, she said the little girl was fostered and she felt uncomfortable about this friendship, I tried to ease her mind, I'm not sure if it worked.
My youngest daughter played with her youngest, I didn't mention my past because my children would suffer the same fate as I did.
So this friend sat across from me, having a cup of tea, sharing her cluelessness with a former foster child! We weren't close friends but I did like her, she was ignorant about foster children though, she was typical of our generation, and the one before and after.

I'm relieved foster children aren't easily identified by other parents and their kids.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
From your source:
View attachment 345356
This video seems suspicious to me. William sits on MFC's lap and wants whatever is bothering him to stop - my interpretation. MOO
to me he kind of looks uncomfortable and sad eyed, like in that pinboard photo the police had set up,
my saved copy wont open any more, i still wonder about why that photo was relevant to them?
found the photo againimages.jpg

Last edited:
FTR the FGM's car had been searched in the early days of the investigation

"William Tyrrell’s foster grandmother’s car, which has been seized by police for forensic testing, had already been examined days after the toddler went missing seven years ago, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Crime scene officers also examined his foster parents’ then-new four-wheel-drive, and the two vehicles were returned when nothing incriminating was found.

As fresh information has led to police taking the foster grandmother’s grey Mazda from its new owners, it cannot be determined how thorough the initial testing was, but the police expert Forensic Services Group was involved from the start of the investigation".
Thanks for that information.

to me he kind of looks uncomfortable and sad eyed, like in that pinboard photo the police had set up,
my saved copy wont open any more, i still wonder about why that photo was relevant to them?
found the photo againView attachment 345363

IMO that photo is a copy of a photo, from a copy from a video, and another copy - which doesn't really tell the story of the photo.

Maybe the photo was relevent because it was a recent photo of William in his spiderman suit?

JTA - the original photo was on the Police board on 60 minutes, and others have copied since so it's not an original photo.

Last edited:
"They would speak of William among their family and with their close friends. But they didn’t speak of him with others outside their home or with the sister’s peers (remembering that she was 5 years old at the time)".

I understand what you are getting at, but the article does not say that sister was told not to mention William at school.
If that was ever in the article linked in your previous post, it is not there now. I wanted a link because I have never seen that written anywhere (nor heard it in a podcast).

It sounds as if they were trying to protect her to the max by only speaking of William with family and close friends (and presumably FACS case workers, social workers, health professionals, the police, imo)

Sister was not at school yet, when the article was published. She was preparing for school, and I guess she would have been commencing school about 5-6 weeks after the article was written.

Once a child gets among their peers, parents have very little control over what the child tells their friends. Or what their peers tell them. So, even if she was encouraged to be herself and leave their family business at home, there is no way to guarantee that would happen.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member