Identified! MI - Detroit, WhtFem UP8272, 18-20, in garbage dump, recent childbirth, Feb'87 - n/a

Eh, I’m not so sure her name will ever be released to the public..it’s just been a long time now since she was identified but nothing more has come out about her case..I hope at least it’s still being pursued and hasn’t been pushed aside.
I agree and I’m not happy about it. There could potentially be leads they are missing all cause her identity and case are being kept quiet. Any idea why they would be keeping it quiet?

I agree and I’m not happy about it. There could potentially be leads they are missing all cause her identity and case are being kept quiet. Any idea why they would be keeping it quiet?
They have an active lead they’re most likely pursuing, or possibly are doing forensic genealogy to identify the killer. They’re not just holding off on releasing the name because they’re jerks who don’t want to.

They have an active lead they’re most likely pursuing, or possibly are doing forensic genealogy to identify the killer. They’re not just holding off on releasing the name because they’re jerks who don’t want to.
I’m not saying they’re deliberately being jerks but I also don’t think police always do the smartest things. For example Bradley edwards the Claremont serial killer - police really ballsed that situation up - they had his DNA on file for years from earlier crimes

Harper Doe is NOT in NAMuS any longer. There are two white females from November 1989 but that's not her.

Last edited:
I dont know if she was ruled out by dna or not but i remember a ton of ppl suggested her and everyone was told its not her.
Her son was also not a baby anmore i think.
I wish it was her, resemblance is striking, but i am afraid it is not the case

I dont know if she was ruled out by dna or not but i remember a ton of ppl suggested her and everyone was told its not her.
To be honest with you I don't see that much of a resemblance and she's a decade over the estimated age (I know those can be off sometimes, but with her being recently deceased I think it's likely to be more accurate). And Harper had given birth very recently.
Harper Doe is NOT named Gail.

JMO, MOO
Thanks Nina.

Actually her baby was 5 months old when she disappeared. I suppose time will tell whether she’s Gail or not, but she was not on harpers rule out list on namus

Actually her baby was 5 months old when she disappeared. I suppose time will tell whether she’s Gail or not, but she was not on harpers rule out list on namus
Wait a moment- so you’re saying that this Jane doe is in fact Gail northington? The more I look at Gail’s photos, the more she resembles this lady’s sketch. As a someone previously mentioned I think the smile was what threw me off

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back