TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching the news and just came over here. ABSOLUTELY HEARTBREAKING!!!! This report is only going to get worse. I honestly am sick. My prayers to the victims/families classmates and teachers. I'm just sick over this.

Abbott identified the shooter as 18-year-old Salvador Romas. He was killed by officers. According to the governor, the shooter abandoned his car and entered the elementary with a handgun and possibly a riffle.

It's been almost 10 years since Sandy Hook, and yet it seems nothing has changed.

Innocent children are still being brutally slaughtered in the one place they should feel safe.

I remember doing active shooter drills multiple times a year throughout my time in school––it's traumatizing, but unfortunately a necessity when school shootings happen on such a regular basis.

It's been almost 10 years since Sandy Hook, and yet it seems nothing has changed.

Innocent children are still being brutally slaughtered in the one place they should feel safe.

I remember doing active shooter drills multiple times a year throughout my time in school––it's traumatizing, but unfortunately a necessity when school shootings happen on such a regular basis.
I think things really changed after Columbine. These shooters never would have thought to do something like this years ago, despite also having the ability to pull it off.

Now you have a grievance and want attention, you massacre innocent people in schools and public places.

Brad Garrett, ABC's FBI expert was on earlier, and he said the only way to stop these things is to have prior intelligence.

Even if you take drastic measures, many of them likely fantasy, these things will keep happening.

The only hope I suppose is to cut down on the frequency.

Presser notes:

Statement, no questions will be taken.

Chief of Police:

11:32 AM mass causality incident at school. 2nd, 3rd 4th, grade taught at school.

suspect dead.

Suspect acted alone.

I share your despair. Our youngest just did a 40-minute lockdown drill. Came home distressed but quite proud at having found a "good place to hide from a bad guy with guns."

Just hold our breath and wait for the next one, and write letters and rage and weep.
I can't imagine what these kids are thinking when they go to what should be a safe learning place and have to find a hiding spot for 40 minutes from a bad guy??? I remember fire drills that scared the crap out of me, the thought of having to hide from danger at a school is UNACCEPTABLE.

there's an instagram post of SR, rifles (can someone confirm the gun type?) and another selfie w/the magazine in his lap. i can't repost (TOS) but if there are any experts on here to identify the weapon...i have the screenshot...
Semi automatic rifles (AR) with what appear to be 30 round magazines.

I can't imagine what these kids are thinking when they go to what should be a safe learning place and have to find a hiding spot for 40 minutes from a bad guy??? I remember fire drills that scared the crap out of me, the thought of having to hide from danger at a school is UNACCEPTABLE.
I had extremely severe anxiety in 1st grade to the point my mom would physically have to drag me to the car and drop me off with the school counselor, in large part due to the active shooter drills.

My mom reassured me it was "just a drill," but then one day it wasn't a drill.

Luckily no one was killed or injured, but as a first grader, it was absolutely terrifying to know there is a gunman wandering around.

18 Year Old Salvador Ramos Kills 15 People In Uvalde Elementary School

Adobe_Express_20220524_1605480.03298356802823521.png

“The shooter was Salvador Ramos, an 18-year-old male who resided in Uvalde. It’s believed that he entered into the Robb Elementary School in Uvalde with a handgun, and he may have also had a rifle, but that is not confirmed according to my most recent report. He shot and killed, horrifically, incomprehensibly, 14 students and killed a teacher. [the shooter], he himself, is deceased, and it’s believed that responding officers killed him.”

His name is Salvador Ramos. His Instagram has been deleted already but his name there was salv8dor_
Yes, his Instagram has disappeared but someone on another forum captured a screenshot of Ramos. There are a few other pictures of him floating around. At least there were a few minutes ago. There seems to be an effort to scrub the internet. The press conference said practically nothing. It was over in about two minutes time.

FTjTkVCXsAE-P9N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members