TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear and empathize with you. Closest we came was when a bank was being robbed near the school and we were in the specific drill for an outside danger. There are so many types of drills now it’s hard to keep them straight.

He did fatally shoot his grandmother.
Your second sentence is why I wasn't worried about this particular event early on. It sounded like there was a confrontation with officers outside, and he had taken shelter inside the school.

I've never followed a case with that kind of pivot, as people like that are simply trying to get away.

Of course it now appears that if there was a confrontation outside, it was only on the way to his goal, which was committing a massacre.

I was looking at FBI statistics earlier, and out of the 64 mass shooting events for the study period, 9 of them involved the perpetrator killing a family member in their residence.

That's what appears to have happened here.

I hear and empathize with you. Closest we came was when a bank was being robbed near the school and we were in the specific drill for an outside danger. There are so many types of drills now it’s hard to keep them straight.

He did fatally shoot his grandmother.

Adam Lanza fatally shot his mother before annihilating the school in Newtown.

Dear God!!!! I just don't know what to say anymore. I really dont. Just tears.
Right? It is so very upsetting! I just heard on my local Houston news many victims are only 10 years old. I just can't believe there are so many victims.

One victim in hospital is only 10, according to this story.

'There is an active shooter at Robb Elementary. Law enforcement is on site,' The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District said. 'Your cooperation is needed at this time by not visiting the campus. As soon as more information is gathered it will be shared

bolding by me

So heartbreaking.

It had to be terrible to be told NOT to come to the school for those parents and the families of the staff ; but I see why it was necessary.
This brings back memories of Adam Lanza; even though there's no motive for today's horrible tragedy.
Rest in peace to the precious little ones and the teacher !

Another 18 year old shooter. Same age as the Buffalo shooter. The Texas school is near the border. If there is a racist manifesto, I am going to be sick. Never mind. I’m already feeling sick.
There’s going to be more then racists coming out of the woodwork. Anti gun- blaming his family / teachers for not noticing. Democrats will blame Republicans and vice versa. It will be a Chit show before knowing more. Wait until families get on the news and show pictures of their loved ones that were taken away in such an evil devastating way. Freaking killing me. IMO

There are so many types of drills now it’s hard to keep them straight.

Another 18 year old shooter. Same age as the Buffalo shooter. The Texas school is near the border. If there is a racist manifesto, I am going to be sick. Never mind. I’m already feeling sick.
So many drills, yes. Fire drills, active shooter drills, hallway drills, evacuation drills. The worst day for us ever was 9/11. Many hysterical kids whose parents worked at the World Trade Center, and the parents who could do so came to the school all day to bring their kids home.

There was no way to prepare for that day.

We have yet to find out the motive for this attack, other than potentially whatever induced him to kill his poor grandmother ended up spilling over into the school.

At this point, since the shooter appears to be Hispanic and CNN reports it's a largely Mexican neighborhood, I would guess right now it's not racially motivated. Who can tell, though. He may have had some self-loathing going on and took it out on his grandmother and these poor little kids.

Sorry if this is a repeat comment, but there are 15 dead now per NBC News.

Just saw this on tv. Watching grandbaby today and don't usually watch anything but Sesame Street for this reason.

Tired of saying this needs to stop.

Until Congress repeals or amends HIPPA laws so that LE agencies doing background checks can see psychiatric treatments and admissions, I don't see anything changing any time soon. Perhaps the times of rounding up children into one building like sitting ducks all day should come to an end.

massguy & steeltown, i agree. and yes this screams of adam lanza. currently sleuthing parents/grandmother. not finding much. not that i could post it anyway. i have three teenage boys, and i'm not a "mamma bear". was super-strict with them early on, resulting in "easier" years before/since the pandemic. no excuses, no bullcrap, study hard, work hard, play hard, even if you're stuck in your house. someone watched this kid grow up...and...epic fail...

<modsnip: Judgmental of family members we know nothing about>

(and as always, so nice to see you bravo!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

ABC News

@ABC

“Why are you here?!" A furious Sen. Chris Murphy demands answers from senators following Texas school shooting. “Why do you spend all this time running for the United States Senate...if your answer, is as the slaughter increases, as our kids run for their lives—we do nothing?”

Until Congress repeals or amends HIPPA laws so that LE agencies doing background checks can see psychiatric treatments and admissions, I don't see anything changing any time soon. Perhaps the times of rounding up children into one building like sitting ducks all day should come to an end.

LE is not subject to HIPAA restrictions. Doctors are allowed to share that type of information with family and LE.

massguy & steeltown, i agree. and yes this screams of adam lanza. currently sleuthing parents/grandmother. not finding much. not that i could post it anyway. i have three teenage boys, and i'm not a "mamma bear". was super-strict with them early on, resulting in "easier" years before/since the pandemic. no excuses, no bullcrap, study hard, work hard, play hard, even if you're stuck in your house. someone watched this kid grow up...and...epic fail...

<modsnip: Judgmental of family we know nothing about>

(and as always, so nice to see you bravo!!!)
Good to see you too

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members