VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. She has been upset with the jury because she can see they’re not buying her bs. She’s tried every which way and today she wanted to scold them a bit JMO. She tried to use “logic” and “common sense” to admonish them.
Wow that is a really good way of putting it! It's fascinating not gonna lie. I thought she would just cry and look sad on the stand.

She said she mixed up the wine photos because there have been so many pics? Pictures have dates, Amber! Pictures have dates! If you remember this stuff so much, they in the WORLD did you get the pictures wrong and submit the same pictures for two different incidences?

I think she stays behind everyday pretending to be busy because she wants his fans to go away.

Why doesn’t Whitney walk out with her?

Moss lied as did:
TMZ
Trailer guy
Meta
Photos
Johnny

Her snark today will backfire! Snark and lies are not a good finale…nor was her hair.

A good title for a book ‘Everybody lied’

OMG she doubled down on the Kate Moss "rumor" BS!!

That rumor did not exist. At least nowhere I could find it and did the wayback searches to when they were a couple. It didn't exist.

I can't believe she didn't back pedal or claim to be mistaken - no she doubled down and said EVERYONE had heard that rumor. No Ma'am.

CV now grilling her on the fact that every person who testified on Johnny's behalf is in Heard's opinion someone who came out of the woodwork to curry favor and camera time. JD's bandwagon must seat millions (eyeroll)
Right. For that to happen, KM or JD had to tell someone the staircase incident even happened. That was just between them, right? Unless KM had to get medical attention.

I am wishing for a jury instruction similar to this:
If you find that a witness has lied in some part of his or her testimony, then you may distrust the rest of that witness's testimony.
Most jury instructions will read like this:

"You alone must judge the credibility or believability of the witnesses. In deciding whether the testimony's true and accurate, use your best common sense and experience. You must judge the testimony of each witness by the same standards setting aside any bias or prejudice you may have. You may believe all, part, or none of any witness' testimony. Consider the testimony of each witness and decide how much of you believe. In evaluating a witness' testimony you may consider anything that reasonably tends to prove or disprove the truth or accuracy of that testimony. Among the factors you may consider are: how well could the witness see, hear, or otherwise perceive the things about which the witness is testified? How well was the witness able to remember what happened and describe what happened? What was the witness' behavior while testifying? Did the witness understand the questions and answer them directly? Was the witness' testimony influenced by factors such as bias or prejudice, a person, relationship with someone involved in the case, or a personal interest in how the case is decided? What was the witness' attitude about the case or about testifying? Did the witness make a statement in the past that is consistent or inconsistent with his or her testimony? How reasonable is the testimony when you consider all the other evidence in this case. Do not automatically reject testimony just because of inconsistencies or conflicts.

Consider whether the differences are important or not. Also, two people may witness the same event or see or hear it differently. If the evidence establishes ‑- if you do not believe a witness' testimony that he or she no longer remembers something, that testimony is inconsistent with the witness' earlier statement on that subject. If you decide that a witness deliberately lied about something significant in the case, you should consider not believing anything that witness says. Or if you think the witness lied about some things but told the truth about others, you may simply accept the part you think is true and ignore the rest."

Sky News

'You're saying Kate Moss needs to come out of the woodwork?'

Asking her next question, Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez reminds Amber Heard about audio previously played in court in which Heard could be heard telling Depp to "tell the jury, tell the judge, tell the world, that he is a victim of domestic abuse".

Heard says she found it "hard to believe" that Depp would tell the world, "knowing that he himself had beat me up for five years".

Ms Vasquez puts it to Heard that Depp has done this, has told the world. The actress says he has only done so recently. "He didn't make that claim up until very recently," she says.

Heard says it is "incorrect" that she didn't expect so many people to testify on Depp's behalf.

Next Ms Vasquez moves on to Heard's testimony about an incident in 2015 in which she admitted punching Depp as she thought of him pushing Kate Moss down some stairs. (This was a key issue during yesterday's evidence, when Moss testified via video-link.)

"You didn't expect Ms Moss to agree to testify that that never happened, did you?" Ms Vasquez says.

"Incorrect," Heard replies. "I know how many people would come out of the woodwork to be in support of Johnny..."

"So you're saying Ms Moss needs to 'come out of the woodwork' to testify for Mr Depp?" Ms Vasquez replies, sounding incredulous.

Heard says that everyone who was "around in the '90s and '00s" had heard the same rumour she had - that Depp had pushed his ex-girlfriend Moss down some stairs during their relationship. "Of course that's what flashed through my head when my violent husband not only swung for me but also swung for my sister," Heard says.

She says she had no expectation of whether Moss would "show up" or not, saying "it didn't matter... it doesn't change what I believed at the time when we were on the stairs and I thought he was going to kill my sister."

Moss testified yesterday to say Depp never pushed her down any stairs.

I think she stays behind everyday pretending to be busy because she wants his fans to go away.

Why doesn’t Whitney walk out with her?

Moss lied as did:
TMZ
Trailer guy
Meta
Photos
Johnny

Her snark today will backfire! Snark and lies are not a good finale…nor was her hair.

A good title for a book ‘Everybody lied’
Moss lied as did:
TMZ
Trailer guy
Meta
Photos
Johnny

also lied:
responding officers to her 911 calls
officers who arrested her @ Seatac
Johnny's housekeeper
her stylist who didnt see any bruises

Sky News

Evidence finishes - jury sent home for the day

Following Amber Heard's return to the stand, Judge Penney Azcarate says the jury has now heard all the evidence in the case and gives them the afternoon off before the closing arguments, which will start tomorrow morning at 9am.

She says there will be no time limit on deliberating tomorrow afternoon into the evening, but jokes that she does "not serve dinner, so keep that in mind".

Jurors will not be deliberating over the weekend or on Monday as Monday is a holiday in the US, the judge says.

"I would like to have you back here Tuesday morning at least by 9am," she says, although they can arrive earlier. The judge says if they need longer than this they will be able to.

"Have a good evening and I'll see you tomorrow morning," she says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle