Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Patrick Murphy court WebEx

IE saying filing motions and if they think ready to arraign, may need to set it over. We don’t know if we have all of the discovery. May arraign end of June 30. Mr Herlbert - no objection. Barry says June 30 at 9 am is good. IE says not in person. Barry will appear via webex. Motions to be filed by.. Need lead time to have Herlnert hear motions. Motions to be filed 6/27 per IE. Related to issues that IE stated at beginning of hearing (which I missed). Def. needs to file where his residence is. Per court order. He must disclose per recognizance bond. BM has no permanent address? Using IE‘s. He is being harassed. Went to get haircut and former FBI GRUSING shows up to ask questions.

When he gets permanent residence it must be disclosed, but may not be made public.

June 30 - 9 am
BM is seriously accusing a former FBI agent of harassing him at the barber shop? :rolleyes:

Judge Patrick Murphy court WebEx

IE saying filing motions and if they think ready to arraign, may need to set it over. We don’t know if we have all of the discovery. May arraign end of June 30. Mr Herlbert - no objection. Barry says June 30 at 9 am is good. IE says not in person. Barry will appear via webex. Motions to be filed by.. Need lead time to have Herlnert hear motions. Motions to be filed 6/27 per IE. Related to issues that IE stated at beginning of hearing (which I missed). Def. needs to file where his residence is. Per court order. He must disclose per recognizance bond. BM has no permanent address? Using IE‘s. He is being harassed. Went to get haircut and former FBI GRUSING shows up to ask questions.

When he gets permanent residence it must be disclosed, but may not be made public.

June 30 - 9 am
Thanks for the update on the voter fraud charge. Can anyone verify what has happened to the influencing and weapons charges? I thought they were included in the murder charge so dismissed but can't find anything supporting.

Last edited:
Purely Devil's Advocate here:

Hi devil! once again fair enough….

1) The abductor used the charger to murder/strangle her and so took it with him/her.

So the abductor knew it was only Suzanne in the house, on Mothers day of all days. Figured out the code to get in. Knew the cameras weren’t working. Left no other DNA. Knew she wouldn’t have a gun for protection. Rather than just leave with Suzanne, though it a good idea to go to the garage and get the bike to stage. Why are they bothering to throw off the investigators with the bike? If you’re abducted, does it really matter if it was from the house or a half a mile away off a bike? Why would you risk hanging around? That’s like taking a taxi, after robbing a bank.

2) Suzanne burned her own journal to keep Barry reading about her infidelity.

Ok. It would only be two people that would care about the journal…Barry or Suzanne. Let’s chalk that up to her. Was the Facebook friending of the previous evening just a coincidence? 20 males and three Jeffs???

3) Helmet was tossed in another area to keep search/recovery resources focused on different area.

Focused why (?), Miles and miles away or another part of the state but a mile away, who cares?? Might as well have been in the driveway…

4) There are 14364 divorces per week ( Divorce Statistics and Facts | What Affects Divorce Rates in the U.S.?) and 61.96M married couples in the US

Stats, Stats, Stats

One study found in interviews with men who have killed their wives that either threats of separation by their partner or actual separations were most often the precipitating events that lead to the murder.

Yes, the stat the you provided is the very sad and scary one. Too many people seem to think that they "own" their partners. I still hope for justice for Suzanne.

I in no way deny Barry's involvement, but for the sake of clarity, was Suzanne known to have the alarm activated/doors locked when home? Not everyone does away from cities and large suburbs. If that is indeed a known, then that is pretty solid support for Barry's guilt.

I don't even get why BM, let alone a random dude, would have tossed the helmet away from the bicycle. It's always perplexed me.

And thanks for tolerating my Devil's Advocacy. It's interesting to try to explain away things. I know fundamentally though that under all this is the loss of Suzanne.

I in no way deny Barry's involvement, but for the sake of clarity, was Suzanne known to have the alarm activated/doors locked when home? Not everyone does away from cities and large suburbs. If that is indeed a known, then that is pretty solid support for Barry's guilt.

I don't even get why BM, let alone a random dude, would have tossed the helmet away from the bicycle. It's always perplexed me.
RSBM...As i recall both the police and later Lauren remarked on the visible cameras. I believe they thought the property would be well covered.

I have always thought Barry threw the bike, then later glanced around the truck and saw the helmet, or remembered it was back home. I doubt if he knew what the camelbak was but knew she would not be riding without her helmet. My God, without the helmet it may have looked "staged'

It would be like choosing a route she had never taken, oh wait!

Thanks for the update on the voter fraud charge. Can anyone verify what has happened to the influencing and weapons charges? I thought they were included in the murder charge so dismissed but can't find anything supporting.
Snipped from @Niner post #573

4/19/22 Update: Chaffee County Clerk said the forgery (mail in ballot offense), mail-in ballot misdemeanor & attempting to influence a public servant charges will NOT be dropped in the Morphew case. Morphew still faces three counts, two of them are felonies. They include: Forgery - government-issued document, Attempt to influence a public servant & Elections - mail ballot offense (misdemeanor).

I would never assume Grusing was there to get a haircut :) and if he tried to engage in conversation I think Iris would qualify that has harassment absolutely.
Just another bizarre chapter in this case. What an amazing coincidence they both needed a haircut at the same time, at the same place!

4/19/22 Update: Chaffee County Clerk said the forgery (mail in ballot offense), mail-in ballot misdemeanor & attempting to influence a public servant charges will NOT be dropped in the Morphew case. Morphew still faces three counts, two of them are felonies. They include: Forgery - government-issued document, Attempt to influence a public servant & Elections - mail ballot offense (misdemeanor).
I just laugh every time I remember the voting thing..."all these other guys are cheating."

"I just thought, give him another vote."

Your wife is missing and you're concerned about the election enough to attempt to commit voter fraud. He's so stupid it makes my head hurt.

RSBM...As i recall both the police and later Lauren remarked on the visible cameras. I believe they thought the property would be well covered.

I have always thought Barry threw the bike, then later glanced around the truck and saw the helmet, or remembered it was back home. I doubt if he knew what the camelbak was but knew she would not be riding without her helmet. My God, without the helmet it may have looked "staged'

It would be like choosing a route she had never taken, oh wait!
I had thought the security system was non-operational. IIRC?

Also in my notes I have this:
The possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) charge has been severed from other charges.

So that would still be pending also, no?

Per IE on the WebEx, BM went to town to get a haircut and Grusing showed up. Maybe the agent also needed a haircut. Barry should be grateful… he’s bringing business in to local establishments. ;)
I'd love to know the real circumstances here. Grusing is now retired, and although the investigation is still open, I can't imagine he's still involved.

My hope is that this wasn't a coincidence, but who knows.

I just laugh every time I remember the voting thing..."all these other guys are cheating."

"I just thought, give him another vote."

Your wife is missing and you're concerned about the election enough to attempt to commit voter fraud. He's so stupid it makes my head hurt.
Suzanne herself was fed up with being told what to wear, what to eat...etc. Why should how to vote be any different? This guy is exactly the same guy before and after SM disappeared...and not in a good way.

I had thought the security system was non-operational. IIRC?
Yes, apparently it was, but how would an abductor know that? Add to the "coincidence" that he had told Andy the very week before and he had a talk with an old problem employee who had threatened his family. I would never "assume" a ring doorbell wasn't working in my neighborhood. They are all over the place where I live, catching all kinds of stuff. And how about when SD helped herself to the package, caught!

I hope the mountains of Maysville are crawling with LE! So much so you couldn't go anywhere without bumping into one.

All that heat, the snow's gotta melt.

JMO

I thought Grusing was now employed with the Chaffee Sheriff's Office.
Holy crap, I totally missed that. I think I've made it pretty apparent how much I respect this guy (Henthorn, Redwine, this), but I had no idea he had been hired as a "special investigator." This is awesome.

Jonny always gets his man..

Attachments

• F3E3EB44-19E2-4B18-9088-59A228B4E8EC.jpeg
    F3E3EB44-19E2-4B18-9088-59A228B4E8EC.jpeg
    129.3 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors