VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

AH's behaviour on the stand alone makes me believe that JD is telling the truth. AH is the one that loses it in the relationship. That AH is the one causing harm and malice. AH seems to believe everyone lies except for her. She acts like she's the victim of everyone, not just JD. Everyone must be out to get her because JD says so? You would think JD runs the world by now.

To me it's obvious that she started the hoax when she went to get the TRO and tipped off TMZ. It's pretty simple to me but I know that people think differently and who knows what the jury is thinking. There have sadly been many wrong verdicts throughout our time. MOO

That picture made her look like a spoiled and haughty girl. She got what she wanted, at least that is what she thought. There is no makeup on her face covering the bruise.

To think she could get by with that is grandiose. As though she thought no attorney would notice. So glad for Johnnys expert witnesses.

so they cannot play videos of any kind but that testimony is part of the record and will be considered by the jury...right?

I reckon they will re-play audio of the following two quotes by ms H during closing arguments:

“I did not punch you, I was hitting you”.

“Tell the world, Johnny, tell them: 'I Johnny Depp, a man, I’m a victim too of domestic violence' and SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE OR SIDE WITH YOU.”

Her defense made a poor choice in bringing her back.
I think she sunk herself today!

Has anyone seen the photo from today where she has an angry snarl? ‘Legal bytes‘ is saying that it’s going to affect the jury.
Oh I hope so. So much to do lately that I fell asleep during AH's turn on the stand. I would awake to hear her 'crying' and stating that everyone in the world was lying for JD. Made me worried because I didn't see it. And I kept falling back to sleep. I did see WH glaring from the front row.

It will be interesting to see the path that AH's career takes. I've read many biographies of Hollywood's most famous actresses, and some of them were notorious for being extremely difficult to work with. (Bette Davis was one of the worst!) That said, even the most cantankerous stars continued to work because they made money for the studios and had people flocking to see their movies. These actresses were enormously TALENTED, and directors were willing to put up with the nonsense for that reason. I didn't know much about AH prior to this trial and cannot speak to her acting ability or lack thereof. If she has raw talent and the potential for success in Hollywood, she will continue to work despite the negativity of the trial and her off-screen antics. If she doesn't have what it takes to succeed and is deemed too difficult to work with, AH will fade away like so many actresses before her. JMO

DH got the Murder on the Orient Express DVD for us to watch over the holiday weekend. We haven't been to a movie since the beginning of the pandemic but probably might have gone to see this. Looking forward to seeing Depp's performance.
Even if she was a talented actress and potentially could make a lot of money for the studio, this saga has tainted her. Many would not want to see the movie because of it.

I myself avoid a movie if a particular actor is involved. Personally, I no longer have any interest in watching a movie with Tom Cruise for example, and there are others, nor one of Woody Allen's films notwithstanding his enormous talent as a director. Many feel the same way.

Even if she was a talented actress and potentially could make a lot of money for the studio, this saga has tainted her. Many would not want to see the movie because of it.

I myself avoid a movie if a particular actor is involved. Personally, I no longer have any interest in watching a movie with Tom Cruise for example, and there are others, nor one of Woody Allen's films notwithstanding his enormous talent as a director. Many feel the same way.
BBM Same, same actors, same reasons.

Wowza! I was planning on going back and re-watching her performance later...but Dayummm!!

The last clip...when she was spewing her venom to the jury and to CV, complete with snarls and eyerolls..THAT was what we heard on all the video recordings during this entire trial. THAT was what JD had to live with!

Much praise for CV for getting her to go there, for her 'performance' on live TV. We all saw it...and felt it.

This case is over....whichever way the jury goes.

so they cannot play videos of any kind but that testimony is part of the record and will be considered by the jury...right?
I think if the video is entered into evidence, then they can play clips of it in the closing. This interaction between the judge and CV was strictly in reference to what they can and can not play/show during their closing arguments. So if it is on the website (that they upload all the exhibits to), the lawyers can use it as a demonstrative during their closings. I don't have a link to that website but it's been posted many times previously.

As far as what the jury can consider during deliberations - they can definitely consider any testimony that was given throughout the trial whether live or through depositions.

I'm not a lawyer so all of this in MOO.

I reckon they will re-play audio of the following two quotes by ms H during closing arguments:

“I did not punch you, I was hitting you”.

“Tell the world, Johnny, tell them: 'I Johnny Depp, a man, I’m a victim too of domestic violence' and SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE BELIEVE OR SIDE WITH YOU.”

She did a lot of damage today. Glaring contradictions came out in her finale. She was too out of control to keep her composure and watch her words.

“Johnny tell the world and see how many people will believe you”

Today she said “The whole world is for Johnny, they lie for him because of the association prestige“ (paraphrasing).

I agree, I definitely don't want or care to see AH on my screen, I didn't before and I don't now. But Tom Cruise doesn't seem to be suffering, Woody Allen, Michael Jackson etc? They still seem to have a fanbase or people that continue to support them. Their movies/music seem to be available almost everywhere. :confused:

Did anyone notice that AH's final plea did in fact admit that the OP=Ed IS ABOUT JOHNNY. Up to now I thought she was trying to distance herself from that and imply it was more generic. Of course we all knew it but first time I heard her mention Op-Ed and Johnny in same sentence with causation.
AND she knows how to leak. Lol!!!

But SHE has to want help. True psychiatric help.

Not some vacation-like "rehab" in a post resort.

Hopefully this trial, holding her accountable for her lies and distortions, might have served a purpose for AH so that she will think twice before doing any such in the future.

However, this trial is also going to severely damage the network of support she relies upon to entertain her, distract her, support her, agree with her, justify herself to herself. Her ego will be profoundly wounded. Can she lick her wounds? Show humility?

If she genuinely believes her own lies, she may perceive the whole world has turned against her to lie on behalf of Johnny (cognitive dissonance). At that point people can tip into a paranoid episode that is really a form of psychosis. That's where it gets rather life and death. Completed suicide is the highest of all in the Cluster Bs and including NPD. She will need aftercare from this trial and keeping safe.

JMO MOOooo

Has anyone heard (no pun intended) about this? I hope the jury wasn't around.

Law&Crime Network

After Judge Azcarate announced a morning break in the defamation trial on Monday, a woman stood up inside the courtroom and loudly stated that Johnny Depp is the father of her child. The Law&Crime Network’s Angenette Levy reports what she witnessed when this incident occurred. "Johnny, I love you, our souls are connected," the woman also said.

AND she knows how to leak. Lol!!!
Did anyone notice that AH's final plea did in fact admit that the OP=Ed IS ABOUT JOHNNY. Up to now I thought she was trying to distance herself from that and imply it was more generic. Of course we all knew it but first time I heard her mention Op-Ed and Johnny in same sentence with causation.

To me this is the whole case. Johnny sued her for defamation. He started getting canceled just days after the article was published. She testified a few days ago that it wasn’t about Johnny. Today she let it slip out…in her out of control stupor:D

After OJ and Casey Anthony trials, I just don't trust juries anymore.

I think the rule should be for 2 jurors to reject a trial. With just 1 it’s destined to be out of balance. Plus jurors are so different in terms of emotional intelligence, culture and comprehension that to me it is built for not being balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member