• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reader

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN REMINDER:

Websleuths Victim Friendly rule does not allow members to poke fun at an alleged victim, trash them, or blame them for what they claim has happened to them.

If you want to do any of the above, WS isn't the place to do it.

ETA: Hopefully this clarifies ...

Johnny Depp has claimed defamation. Amber Heard is counter suing and has claimed DV.

Members shouldn't be poking fun at or trashing either of them. If you wish to make a respectful point based on known fact, that's fine, but please leave snarky comments about appearances and attire out of this discussion.

ADMIN NOTE:

While this case has something for everyone to :rolleyes: at, WS still aims to be above the fray of the rest of the internet by following these key TOS:

- derogatory nicknames are not allowed.
- bashing anyone’s appearance is a violation.
- social media comments are not allowed.
- if you “saw” it or “heard” it but don’t have a link to substantiate it, it is considered rumor and subject to removal.

Thanks for checking yourself before you click REPLY.

Amber Heard The Rum Diary actress Amber Heard has been open about her sexual orientation for years. While she was married to Johnny Depp, she said that being married to Depp doesn't define her sexuality. In the year 2017, she also spoke about the bisexuality obsession in Hollywood. While being a part of the Pride and Prejudice event arranged by the Economist, Heard said, "I saw myself being in this unique position and having a unique responsibility. So, I bit the bullet." "If every gay man that I know personally in Hollywood came out tomorrow, then this would be a non-issue in a month," she added.

Read more at: From Angelina Jolie To Amber Heard, 9 Stars You Didn't Know Were Homosexual Or Bisexual

Quote from article:
“What began with Depp seeking $50 million for the loss of his reputation is, ironically, restoring it.”

Great article, thanks for posting

If this was day 6 of Johnny being gone the bruise should have been a yellowish or greenish color according to this article.
It appears to me when looking closely at the pic she also had a big pimple on her cheek.jmo

Last edited:
Great article, thanks for posting

From the same article, posted by @neesaki:

"The Heard-Depp saga shows how the #MeToo narrative is a very well-funded and highly credentialed freight train that, once moving, is impossible to stop.

And it can destroy lives unjustly because many men are victims and not all women are to be believed."

Bravo!

I went over the verdict forms, and it's kind of hard on JD's claims, but AH's are easy. I can dismiss all that because, even though AW acted as an agent of JD, made the statements about Amber Heard that were read by others, it might or might not be false (It's a working theory, I think), I can't find that he had malice or that the defamed her.

I don't think he defamed her because he had reasonable inferences that it was a hoax. His statements seem entirely about May 21st and thereafter, except the one that says something about sexual violence.

The basis for my belief:

1. Two photos of her face with the same name at the same time. One reddened, one not. I don't know how you get those two pictures that way, but it's a lie that one was taken in light and the other wasn't.

2. Wine bottle picture entered into evidence at two different "fight" scenes.

3. Police see no evidence of destruction.

4. Magic bruise. The bruise appears and disappears at will. It's there 5/27, but gone 5/28.

5. Divorce demands. She told JD that she would NOT file the restraining order if he caved to the demands in the letter. Then she jumped the gun, filing for the order in the AM on Friday before JD's lawyers could respond. I assume they thought they had until the end of the business day. She filed using the police call as EVIDENCE for the TRO. She didn't need to talk to the police. She just needed a call on record. They were called twice because IO didn't think his New York call had gone through.

6. TMZ greeting her at the courthouse to see her turn her face, just as her publicist who probably called them there said it would be.

I believe the hoax happened because JD said he was divorcing her and they wanted to devise a way to keep their penthouses, etc.

The sexual violence part of his first statement on the forms, I think is really fake because she said nothing about that back in 2016. Suddenly, after the op-ed, she alleges it. There are no doctor reports, witnesses, etc, and I don't think she talks about it in the UK trial. I could be wrong about that, though, but it's reasonable for him to assert they are fake without it being defamation, imo.

So that's how I would decide her counterclaims. Thoughts from you guys?

Catching up, may have been suggested by others... if so, forgive, but.. I wonder if AH, after attempting to extort JD and not receiving an immediate response, became fearful that her plan may backfire if JD's team beat her to the punch in filing a TRO, and that is why it became urgent for her.

If this was day 6 of Johnny being gone the bruise should have been a yellowish or greenish color according to this article.
It appears to me when looking closely at the pic she also had a big pimple on her cheek.jmo
I could swear that red patch and 'pimple' are in a slightly different spot than the mark she photographed on her face in other pics. jmo.

.... and kept pushing him to take the Xanax to 'calm him down' whenever they argued. ....

Please also listen to this portion of one of the audio tapes, the whole thing is chilling, but this portion features some of what I was getting at:

Note: I believe the 4 hour audio IS submitted into evidence. I pray that the jury takes the time to listen to the whole thing.
It seems the Xanax was working well at keeping HER calm (NOT).. why not push him, her accused abuser who seems to be succeeding thus far at remaining calm, to take it too? :rolleyes:

It seems the Xanax was working well at keeping HER calm (NOT).. why not push him, her accused abuser who seems to be succeeding thus far at remaining calm, to take it too? :rolleyes:

From what I saw during the trial, AH had a self perceived expertise in many areas of life. At the age of 26.....and with limited scholastic enhancements. ( Makeup classes?)

She was an 'expert' in all things about addiction.
She was an 'expert' in all things about relationships.
She was an 'expert' in all things about Hollywood and careers.
There is a "HUGE" difference between 'hit' and 'punch', and by God you better know it.

And above all else.....NEVER walk away from her when she is trying to make her point.

What absolute hell to live with

From what I saw during the trial, AH had a self perceived expertise in many areas of life. At the age of 26.....and with limited scholastic enhancements. ( Makeup classes?)

There is a "HUGE" difference between 'hit' and 'punch', and by God you better know it.

And above all else.....NEVER walk away from her when she is trying to make her point.

I wonder is love was blind and he didnt see any of this in her before he married her. He stayed single many years. And he jumped right in the frying pan with her. I have to wonder of all the beautiful women he dated why he rushed in with her?

At the end of this trial I think the result will probably be a win for JD in terms of defamation. She will lose her countersuit. I am not really sure any money payout after the display put on in court of the mutually abusive (whatever form) relationship is appropriate. He is off to make a new film in France and already beginning a new phase of his life. I think he will get out of this lawsuit what he wanted and the attention it got will be good for him as long as he maintains a sober and non headline lifestyle. Given his past and personality that will be a challenge. But he has the chance. I don't think we will hear much if anything about AH . Her career is over for the short term and maybe forever. If there are one or more jurors not convinced that he should win it could take some hours/days but I think ultimately they will come over. We are not talking prison time here...I don't like either of these players in this lawsuit but that would be my vote. If any money is awarded it would for me be legal fees and that could be many millions. Some say $1.00 award sometimes happens ? I went in with NO OPINION on either of these people...I learned much about their relationship and their pasts. At times when very unpopular I was with AH but as I watched her on the stand and heard from her own mouth about the OP ED and her intentions in writing it about JD that did it. KM also made me really think and the TMZ and Hicksville guys...well they cannot all by lying. I hope AH's legal team gets paid as they worked hard...EB is probably a good lawyer...this was not the right case for her skills.

also don't forget the difference between "pledge" and "donate".

Well, it does seem as if she would now benefit from the sommelier training, considering the odds on her future as an actress…

I wonder is love was blind and he didnt see any of this in her before he married her. He stayed single many years. And he jumped right in the frying pan with her. I have to wonder of all the beautiful women he dated why he rushed in with her?
As I recall did he not break it off with VP after filming of Run Diary? Clearly they had a very strong physical attraction and for a short time were completely taken with each other.....someone he wanted to marry her and the rest is history. While he did date some very beautiful women many were also very smart and could see he was not the type for marriage. I still think he might want to stay single. Marriage is not for everyone.

I feel compassion for EB. She had a difficult client and she took a lot of heat from the public. She was just doing her job and it may have cost her future clients. I don’t want her to suffer because of AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow