DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The spreadsheet update: without any changes this time, I hope Joan will add Bayonne Jane Doe and Temple Girl to the spreadsheet as well!

Also hoping that the website will be updated with new cases!

Saginaw County John Doe has been added to the website!
According to the spreadsheet he has a very good highest match over 300 cM, I hope it will be an easy solve! Interestingly, his page on the DDP website says he is White/Caucasian, Possibly Hispanic, but the NAMUS describes him only as White/Caucasian

Last edited:
Saginaw County John Doe has been added to the website!
According to the spreadsheet he has a very good highest match over 300 cM, I hope it will be an easy solve! Interestingly, his page on the DDP website says he is White/Caucasian, Possibly Hispanic, but the NAMUS describes him only as White/Caucasian

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 4.33.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-20 at 4.33.51 PM.png
He has great numbers - hoping for a quick solve!

I doubt Saginaw County John Doe was identified because of his “Probably hispanic” roots, I think his identification can take a bit longer similar to Lyle Stevik and Pilar Point Doe. Probably some of his family is Hispanic and other White/Caucasian

From the recent article with Margaret Press

How many cases has the Project solved so far?

We have been involved in approximately 80 successful identifications.

Given Pima County's location, I would hazard a guess that's because of people crossing the border and not making it out of the desert.
Most likely, I wonder if other close counties to the border like Brooks County or Hidalgo County in Texas will start submitting cases as well.

Most likely, I wonder if other close counties to the border like Brooks County or Hidalgo County in Texas will start submitting cases as well.

Good question. My experience is that Pima and Maricopa counties are way ahead of most of the other counties in this region; it would be great if everybody else would follow suit.

Many small changes in case numbers, some cases have actually lower highest matches than before. I am happy for Vernon County Jane Doe, she has a new highest match of 198,6cM
Happy for her as well. She's one of their older cases and has been on my personal radar too. She'd been stuck with very low matches for a long time.

Many small changes in case numbers, some cases have actually lower highest matches than before. I am happy for Vernon County Jane Doe, she has a new highest match of 198,6cM
I think Grays Harbor, Gregg Co and Grundy Co's numbers are wrong since the same pattern is repeated right next to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998