Identified! FL - Palm Beach Co, near State Rd 703, WhtFem 14-15, UP16314, in woods, Jun'74 - Suzanne Gale Poole

Here's the case of a likely "Mix Up". I think he was likely identified within a year or so after he was killed. I think he was in the Doe Network as Unidentified. His NAMUS did not have LE contact info. I remember trying to figure out if he was Bexar County Sheriff's or San Antonio PD. Obviously this was a homicide.

He still persists as an UID on Texas DPS: unDetails

https://wiki/Bexar_County_John_Doe_(1987) (Can't get link to work, but he's on there)
43UMTX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Links to the Unidentified-Awareness wiki are blocked due to the fact that anyone can edit anything there (Even though it's heavily moderated).

I’m wondering if this will be connected to the original suspect from Michigan, Terry Wayne Walker, who had been in prison for murder and had confessed to Det. Diasantis when this happened. I reached out to the retired detective regarding this development. He will sure be happy about this if this is an identification.

<modsnip>
I know families have the right to request the name be withheld, and I'm a huge supporter of family rights but they could at the very least say she's been identified.
So many people invest so much time and emotion in these cases. We hurt for them and for their families.
Knowing she has her name back and that her family knows where she is would bring us so much joy. We feel sad for the family just finding out their loved one is deceased, but happy because after all the years of pain they finally have an answer. I can tell you, the not knowing pain is very real!!
Instead, I'm sitting here with tears running down my face... wondering....waiting....praying!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching "The Hunt" Podcast, where PBSO Detective William Springer was interviewed pertaining to the Christy Luna case. In this, it appears he may be alluding to this case when he discusses that in a couple of weeks, PBSO would be making an announcement about "a set of unidentified human remains found long ago".

So it looks like soon we will be hearing something if he was alluding to this case.

From the link:

1654178303875.png

"In December 2021, The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office sent skeletal remains belonging to the young girl to Othram in order develop a DNA profile that could be used to identify her. (...) Additional DNA testing of family members confirmed her identity as 15-year-old Suzanne Gale Poole, who had been reported missing in 1972, right before Christmas. She was born February 12, 1957.

It is possible that Susan Poole might have been a victim of Gerard John Schaefer, a serial killer who worked as a sheriff’s deputy in Martin County, Florida. His crime spree spanned from 1969 to 1973, and he was eventually arrested and convicted of the murders of 17-year-old Susan Place and 16-year-old Georgia Jessup"

Rest in peace now, Suzanne Gale Poole, and thank you, Othram

Comparison to reconstruction.
UP16314 small.png
1654178303875-png.347485

Last edited:

Last edited:
Glad she's been identified.
RIP Suzanne.

From what I've read, these remains were found about an hour away, and Suzanne was purportedly reported missing.
How is it no one connected the dots much sooner, the remains found so close to home? I get today's forensic toolbox is bigger and more sophistocated, but in other cases from the 70s, like Linda Pagano's case in Ohio, agencies sent MP files to OH from all over the country. We know, because Ice was able to get the UP's case file and we saw it. It's how we found Carlene Brown's, from WY, dental records, which were lost. So I'm perplexed how a set of remains found within a short distance, within a relatively short amount of time after the victim went missing, weren't ID'd sooner? The more cases ID'd, the more I've noticed this happening, and I don't get it.

Glad she's been identified.
RIP Suzanne.

From what I've read, these remains were found about an hour away, and Suzanne was purportedly reported missing.
How is it no one connected the dots much sooner, the remains found so close to home? I get today's forensic toolbox is bigger and more sophistocated, but in other cases from the 70s, like Linda Pagano's case in Ohio, agencies sent MP files to OH from all over the country. We know, because Ice was able to get the UP's case file and we saw it. It's how we found Carlene Brown's, from WY, dental records, which were lost. So I'm perplexed how a set of remains found within a short distance, within a relatively short amount of time after the victim went missing, weren't ID'd sooner? The more cases ID'd, the more I've noticed this happening, and I don't get it.

The only thing I can think of, would be that someone wasn’t skeptical enough. Early on, the report said that the UID had died in 1974. So, my guess would be that someone quickly said: ‘not a match,’ instead of asking ‘How can they KNOW she died in 1974?’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back