TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO MOO MOO You would think this would have been something that would have been addressed in their active shooter drills.
I do feel that PA as incident commander was in over his head, but this should have been something that came up in active shooter drills...How would they interact with 911, backup etc????
my thoughts exactly.

I don't understand 1 thing.

This small School Unit (6 officers) is part of Police Department.

They just take care of students' affairs, maybe lecturing teachers and students about safety, etc.

But in case of real emergency - (shooting), shouldn't the Chief of Police Department take the lead?

They have SWAT unit after all and direct line to 911 number.

They just take care of students' affairs, maybe lecturing teachers and students about safety, etc.

But in case of real emergency - (shooting), shouldn't the Chief of Police Department take the lead?

this is my line of thought as well, I do not understand and may never understand...

More recently, professionals versed in school district police matters have come out where it's clear that while the District Police Chief is the initial "incident commander" for school property matters, the commander certainly has the power to assign a better-qualified agent to act as the incident commander.

IMO, while the district police force is probably perfectly qualified to relieve the local police department of having to respond to false alarms, break-ins, trespassing, etc., I can't fathom where a school district Police Chief would have the experience and training necessary to lead a mass casualty school shooting response. :eek: Seriously, I hope we didn't have an ego blinding the decision here.

Also, the same policy further allows another agency or officer to overrule and/or ignore the orders of the incident commander, and take charge if the current commander is failing to take action to protect the public. By all accounts, it appears this is exactly what the US Customs & Border Patrol did when they went against the commander's orders and breached the classroom. MOO

Uvalde hero Border Patrol agent speaks out on 'complete chaos,' rushing in to save students

Torres was attending class with hero slain teacher Irma Garcia when the shooting took place, as recess had just ended and, being the end of the school year, turned on a movie when things took their awful turn.

She said the Garcia began to guard the children while her friend and classmate Armory used a friend's phone to try to dial 911.

'When she did that, he started saying, 'you'll die!'

Garcia started to pleading and begging with Ramos while trying to defend her kids but to no avail.

'He shot my friend and my teachers. And then after that, he said 'goodnight,' and he started shooting everybody.'

'She told us we were going to go on a quick lockdown,' Torres said. 'So, my friend, he got up and turned off the TV because that's what we had to do. And, right when she went out to find the key and lock the door from the outside, we heard gunshots.'

Then, she says, the gunman moved over to the classroom connected to hers and continued to fire away.

Once the gunfire stopped and she heard Ramos move into the hallway, she ran into that classroom to find out if anyone had survived.

More details about the DOJ review:

This is a review and not an investigation
Heard on the local news that there are no subpoenas involved etc.

It's about making recommendations for the management and training of future incidents etc.

It is done through the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS Office) ABOUT THE COPS OFFICE | COPS OFFICE

Last edited:
More details about the DOJ review:

This is a review and not an investigation
Heard on the local news that there are no subpoenas involved etc.

It's about making recommendations for the management and training of future incidents etc.

If "lessons are learnt", this will be the greatest Tribute to the victims.

I wonder if Salvador Ramos went to Robb Elementary School. There have been school shooters who did attack the schools they attended like Adam Lanza and Patrick Purdy. There are other school shooters who attacked schools with no connection like Marc Lepine and Thomas Hamilton.

Last edited:
I wonder if Salvador Ramos went to Robb Elementary School.
He probably did. The school district has two grades at each elementary school. It was probably designed to address inequities in education. Every student attends 3 elementary schools. Robb is for 2-4th grades

There are two more elementary schools: One is in a different town.
The other is a PK-6 Bilingual Academy (Fairly rigorous curriculum)

He probably did. The school district has two grades at each elementary school. It was probably designed to address inequities in education. Every student attends 3 elementary schools. Robb is for 2-4th grades

There are two more elementary schools: One is in a different town.
The other is a PK-6 Bilingual Academy (Fairly rigorous curriculum)

I wonder if those teachers he killed were his teachers if he attended Robb Elementary School. I also wonder if he was inspired by Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, UCSB, Parkland, etc. I know many school shooters and mass killers have been inspired by Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and UCSB.

BBM
Created in 2019, the Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium identifies distressed students and refers them to mental health services.

[T]he Texas Child Mental Health Care Consortium of experts operating from a dozen universities across the state has treated more than 6,000 students identified by school staff, doctors and others — including those at high risk for hurting themselves or others

[Uvalde] school district was on the list to be offered entry into the program, but it has not been formally included yet because the program is still ramping up, said Dr. Steven R. Pliszka, chair of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at UT Health San Antonio and administrator of the university’s consortium-funded program.

The gap was simply a matter of timing and resources available to a brand-new program still trying to build partnerships with school districts across the state, he said.

“We kind of reached a limit to our staffing in the first round of funding and we were planning to reach out to more rural districts, and Uvalde was obviously on our list,” he said. “Sadly, this happened before we could make that connection.”

Last edited:
They are easy targets. It is no wonder why Adam Lanza and Thomas Hamilton targeted elementary school.

I read that Salvador Ramos was likely consumed by intense envy and jealousy.
I think, and this is JMHO only - that these shooters go to elementary schools and target young children because that was a time in THEIR LIFE when things really started to "go wrong" or when the bullying started (for some shooters) or just their own thoughts and ideations began to go awry. And that has played on them for years so when the idea and/or plan to shoot up a school start to take hold - they revert back to that time.

But again, that's JMHO

I think he wanted to kill the children

Especially the female children (?).

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed because I've been out of pocket for a few days, but the number of girls murdered exceed the number of boys disproportionately by general population norms, unless for some reason the girl students outnumbered the boys in that particular school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member