TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimon Prokupecz has been relentless in trying to get answers from Arrendondo.

My heart closed when Shimon tried to get Arrendondo to comment and he stonewalled by saying that out of respect for the families, he wouldn't comment until the funerals were over and the families "quit grieving."

What does that mean? When do you "quit grieving" over your child being blasted into shreds by an AR-15?

When Shimon was relating this to Anderson Cooper, I was wishing Anderson would mention how he's still grieving for his brother who committed suicide over 30 years ago.

Shimon tracked Arrendondo down and that was the IMO unfeeling response he got. I would respect Arrendondo on some level if he would give an answer, an explanation, an apology, show some grief. But he will talk when the families "quit grieving?" Like it's an annoyance that he has to endure so he can continue his career.

IMO this is why this edict is coming down that the media is on "private property."
Arrendondo needs to stop talking until the investigation is over. He needs to speak through his attorney. LE has been receiving death threats. When you are under duress your words may not come out the way you intend them to. He’s damned if he speaks and damned if he doesn’t at this point. IMHO

Shimon Prokupecz has been relentless in trying to get answers from Arrendondo.

My heart closed when Shimon tried to get Arrendondo to comment and he stonewalled by saying that out of respect for the families, he wouldn't comment until the funerals were over and the families "quit grieving."

What does that mean? When do you "quit grieving" over your child being blasted into shreds by an AR-15?

When Shimon was relating this to Anderson Cooper, I was wishing Anderson would mention how he's still grieving for his brother who committed suicide over 30 years ago.

Shimon tracked Arrendondo down and that was the IMO unfeeling response he got. I would respect Arrendondo on some level if he would give an answer, an explanation, an apology, show some grief. But he will talk when the families "quit grieving?" Like it's an annoyance that he has to endure so he can continue his career.

IMO this is why this edict is coming down that the media is on "private property."

That's how read his body language in that short interview, he cannot be bothered to talk to the families until they "quit grieving" what a heartless piece of work.

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry is representing the families of four students injured in the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting at Robb Elementary.
All four of the children suffered gunshot wounds and other injuries in the mass shooting. The victims represented by Thomas J. Henry are all 9- or 10-years-old.

Texas attorney Thomas J. Henry is representing the families of four students injured in the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting at Robb Elementary.
All four of the children suffered gunshot wounds and other injuries in the mass shooting. The victims represented by Thomas J. Henry are all 9- or 10-years-old.

They're suing Salvador Ramo's estate?

They're suing Salvador Ramo's estate?
The original petition was filed against the gunman’s estate, however, the team is exploring all available legal actions against all responsible parties for possible constitutional rights violations, gun law violations, and violations of laws, policies, and procedures pertaining to school safety.

Again, now all the legalese doublespeak comes into play and muddies the waters so no one is sure of what is what. It seems that the "elected" school board members have control and can "order" access or deny access to this building - which is all within the rights of their elected position.

Lord have mercy on my soul. My head hurts.......and I will take back what I said. ^^bbm

Yes, I don't doubt that municipal government can restrict or set rules including hours for public access to certain town and county buildings including the administrative offices of the school district.

I think you need to look at the laws of each state but most states also have school grounds off-limits to the public during school hours, and sometimes at all hours, and where you can be charged with criminal trespass for being on school grounds without permission. In most or perhaps all states, there are also laws allowing you to be further charged with disrupting an educational setting if you trespass.

I know all the above is true in my state where even the gates are locked to the sports fields during school hours, and where public access is pretty much limited mostly to weekends. It's the same for our city parks where the public hours are posted and violators are subject to criminal trespassing. More recently, citing a COVID precaution, we also have hours restricting the use of public beaches. JMO

Arnulfo Reyes was watching a movie with 11 of his students when he heard the deadly shots ringing out, he told ABC News anchor Amy Robach for an interview airing Tuesday on "Good Morning America," as he recovered from two gunshot wounds at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio…

Reyes and his students were in Room 111, one of the adjoining classrooms where Ramos allegedly carried out the attack, he said. When the children began asking, "What is going on?" Reyes said he attempted to remain calm and gave instructions to his students to keep them safe.

"I don't know what's going on, but let's go ahead and get under the table," Reyes said he told the students. "Get under the table and act like you're asleep."

Arnulfo Reyes was watching a movie with 11 of his students when he heard the deadly shots ringing out, he told ABC News anchor Amy Robach for an interview airing Tuesday on "Good Morning America," as he recovered from two gunshot wounds at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio…

Reyes and his students were in Room 111, one of the adjoining classrooms where Ramos allegedly carried out the attack, he said. When the children began asking, "What is going on?" Reyes said he attempted to remain calm and gave instructions to his students to keep them safe.

"I don't know what's going on, but let's go ahead and get under the table," Reyes said he told the students. "Get under the table and act like you're asleep."

Thanks, @sds71 for the new link which now confirms that teacher Reyes was the hospitalized adult whereas I'd been attributing the adult victim to SR's grandmother, who was shot at her home, and not Reyes, a teacher to 11 students in the adjoining classroom #111.

Also, rehearing parts of the DPS Director's statements that they could not determine from the video whether the first shots were fired in room 111 or 112, I think this explains the question marks [???] on the graphic illustration of the classroom wing [Rooms 111-112] that was used by the Director at the news conference.

I noticed one more thing in the linked video which might very well be explained as a shadow but it looks to me that as SR approaches his entrance to the school that the door is visually open. o_O It's probably a shadow but I'd not noticed it before. MOO

Thanks, @sds71 for the new link which now confirms that teacher Reyes was the hospitalized adult whereas I'd been attributing the adult victim to SR's grandmother, who was shot at her home, and not Reyes, a teacher to 11 students in the adjoining classroom #111.

Also, rehearing parts of the DPS Director's statements that they could not determine from the video whether the first shots were fired in room 111 or 112, I think this explains the question marks [???] on the graphic illustration of the classroom wing [Rooms 111-112] that was used by the Director at the news conference.

I noticed one more thing in the linked video which might very well be explained as a shadow but it looks to me that as SR approaches his entrance to the school that the door is visually open. o_O It's probably a shadow but I'd not noticed it before. MOO
I think Elsa Avila room 109 is still in the hospital also.

I think Elsa Avila room 109 is still in the hospital also.

Yes, agree that Elsa Avila was the critical adult -- I'd not heard of Reyes before today and was counting the grandmother in his place.

DBM

Last edited:
More "Active shooter" drills for schools

Inadequacies of school police in wake of Uvalde, Texas shooting

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well I am glad this was shelved.

Axon Pauses Plans for Taser Drone as Ethics Board Members Resign

As nine members of its ethics board resigned, Axon, the company that developed the Taser, announced on Sunday that it was pausing plans to develop a stun-gun-equipped drone that it said could be used to prevent mass shootings.

Now that is scary to think about.

Jmo

"There was no announcement. I did not receive any messages on my phone -- sometimes we do get a Raptor system," he said, referring to the school district's emergency alert program, "but I didn't get anything, and I didn't hear anything."

Reyes also described complaints he said he had made about his door, which is meant to remain shut and locked while class is in session. At prior security checks, Reyes said he noticed that his door would not latch -- an issue he said he raised with the school's principal.

"When that would happen, I would tell my principal, 'Hey, I'm going to get in trouble again, they're going to come and tell you that I left my door unlocked, which I didn't,'" he said. "But the latch was stuck. So, it was just an easy fix."

"There was no announcement. I did not receive any messages on my phone -- sometimes we do get a Raptor system," he said, referring to the school district's emergency alert program, "but I didn't get anything, and I didn't hear anything."

Reyes also described complaints he said he had made about his door, which is meant to remain shut and locked while class is in session. At prior security checks, Reyes said he noticed that his door would not latch -- an issue he said he raised with the school's principal.

"When that would happen, I would tell my principal, 'Hey, I'm going to get in trouble again, they're going to come and tell you that I left my door unlocked, which I didn't,'" he said. "But the latch was stuck. So, it was just an easy fix."

Wow…just heartbreaking.

Still facing nightmares, Uvalde survivor Miah Cerrillo, 11, will testify at House hearing on guns

Candy Woodall, USA TODAY
34 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Miah Cerrillo, a fourth-grader who smeared herself with her murdered friend’s blood to play dead and stay alive during last month's mass shooting at a Uvalde elementary school, should be two weeks into her summer vacation.

Instead, the 11-year-old will be a star witness Wednesday morning on Capitol Hill, testifying before a House committee and becoming the face of a nationwide gun-control debate.

She will tell her story and field questions from Democrats and Republicans as they face mounting pressure to respond to burgeoning gun violence across the country.

Still facing nightmares, Uvalde survivor Miah Cerrillo, 11, will testify at House hearing on guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong