Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

Long time lurker, but I made an account because I am surprised that no one has brought up the Unsolved murder of Jan Stackhouse in 2005 in neighboring Stockbridge MA. That town houses the Inn Meghan was staying in. Both are around the same age. Both are union members. Both have similar ideologies from news reports. Both were taking a little get away. because Jan was killed during the afternoon, Megahan went missing during the day. Both away from lodgings they were staying at, last located on public roads. I think Jan was single like Meghan.

There is a mention of a rumored person for Jan's murder here, but I cannot trace him after his second or third trial ended in a deadlocked jury in 2015 for an arson and murder in 2006.

Long time lurker, but I made an account because I am surprised that no one has brought up the Unsolved murder of Jan Stackhouse in 2005 in neighboring Stockbridge MA. That town houses the Inn Meghan was staying in. Both are around the same age. Both are union members. Both have similar ideologies from news reports. Both were taking a little get away. because Jan was killed during the afternoon, Megahan went missing during the day. Both away from lodgings they were staying at, last located on public roads. I think Jan was single like Meghan.

There is a mention of a rumored person for Jan's murder here, but I cannot trace him after his second or third trial ended in a deadlocked jury in 2015 for an arson and murder in 2006.
I'm local to this case, but had not heard or read about Jan's case. We also did not live here at that time, but it definitely hasn't been mentioned on any unsolved sites that I've come across. I would think a passing motorist whose mirror may have clipped Jan Stackhouse would have had her present with a long, sliced type of wound rather than a stab type of wound, but maybe it'd all depend on her position and such. That definitely seems to be a very bizarre case and not likely that someone she knew located her and murdered her in broad daylight right near where she was staying. Just horrible, though!!

I found the reference to the rumored person you mentioned above, in another article, and cannot imagine living in a cave around here in winter. An ongoing investigation

Here's a 2019 article about him in court again. Where he wound up after that is a bit confusing: eedition Register-Star November 19 2019

I'm local to this case, but had not heard or read about Jan's case. We also did not live here at that time, but it definitely hasn't been mentioned on any unsolved sites that I've come across. I would think a passing motorist whose mirror may have clipped Jan Stackhouse would have had her present with a long, sliced type of wound rather than a stab type of wound, but maybe it'd all depend on her position and such. That definitely seems to be a very bizarre case and not likely that someone she knew located her and murdered her in broad daylight right near where she was staying. Just horrible, though!!

I found the reference to the rumored person you mentioned above, in another article, and cannot imagine living in a cave around here in winter. An ongoing investigation

Here's a 2019 article about him in court again. Where he wound up after that is a bit confusing: eedition Register-Star November 19 2019
Nice find on the 2019 article. I am not convinced it was this person, or even the two cases are connected. I started thinking back to Jan when Meghan was not being found, and details about her came out. In any case, I think this shows the problems with crime in smaller towns, not best able to handle confusing cases. Also, the hit by car theory could stand, but maybe Meghan was taken from the scene.

Jan has a websleuths thread, but it is not very active. MA - MA - Jan Stackhouse, 52, Stockbridge, 1 May 2005

Nice find on the 2019 article. I am not convinced it was this person, or even the two cases are connected. I started thinking back to Jan when Meghan was not being found, and details about her came out. In any case, I think this shows the problems with crime in smaller towns, not best able to handle confusing cases. Also, the hit by car theory could stand, but maybe Meghan was taken from the scene.

Jan has a websleuths thread, but it is not very active. MA - MA - Jan Stackhouse, 52, Stockbridge, 1 May 2005
Thanks. Agree on all counts, and thanks for the link to Jan's case here!

Insight into her mindset, generally speaking:
Goodbye to All That and a Whole Lot More
That is very existential and deep. I think she was in a crisis that was the same. I've been seeing intelligent, well-educated people I respect falling into despair over climate change & other "crises" as they perceive them.

I find it very concerning, especially the guilt attached to what it means to navigate so many cultural upheavals if you think we as humans are the evil cause and despair of finding solutions. It's pretty heavy. In fact, for some it is devastatingly heavy.

The loss of hope is pernicious and disturbing. This beautiful and thoughtful woman lost her deeply loved mother suddenly in 2019, endured the pandemic and then encountered a crisis at work this year.

Very few people participate in demonstrations where their intense commitment leads them to laying down with like-minded people on a busy street and being arrested for it. But MM did.

I hope she is still with us, trying to work it out.

JMO

This is another case that I follow. The facts are different than what we see here but these lines made me wonder about Meghan's disappearance:

"Previously, Port Moody Police said they did not believe foul play was involved in her disappearance, but the case was reclassified as a homicide"

This is another case that I follow. The facts are different than what we see here but these lines made me wonder about Meghan's disappearance:

"Previously, Port Moody Police said they did not believe foul play was involved in her disappearance, but the case was reclassified as a homicide"
Never heard of an arrest without charges

Quite surprised there has been no updates to this case by LE and more surprised there hasn't been a body recovered.
I know. On her official page created by her brother, he posted this the other day:
"Unfortunately Sara, there is not much new to share. Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue have moved their search out further and were searching on Friday and Saturday 96/3-6/4). No new leads to go on at the moment. I will update the page as soon as something does come up. Thank you!"

I know. On her official page created by her brother, he posted this the other day:
"Unfortunately Sara, there is not much new to share. Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue have moved their search out further and were searching on Friday and Saturday 96/3-6/4). No new leads to go on at the moment. I will update the page as soon as something does come up. Thank you!"
Well I'm glad (and surprised) that they're still looking. I hope LE is being just as thorough and are pursuing the foul play option. I also hope the searchers are looking up into the trees in case she climbed up there with some rope. Whether looking in trees or on the ground, the full blooms of June will make it tough to spot her :(

I know the school places her on paid sick leave, but apart from that, I wonder how much support they were providing her with?

I hope they didn't just put her on leave to temporarily remove what they saw as a problem.

I wonder if she felt lonely and isolated during this leave, missed the buzz of school pupils and colleagues around her, felt cut off and became depressed?

MOO.

I know the school places her on paid sick leave, but apart from that, I wonder how much support they were providing her with?

I hope they didn't just put her on leave to temporarily remove what they saw as a problem.

I wonder if she felt lonely and isolated during this leave, missed the buzz of school pupils and colleagues around her, felt cut off and became depressed?

MOO.
Good question. I got the impression that her leave of absence had immediately preceded her trip to the Berkshires but maybe I made that up in my head. If she is still alive, she probably misses the buzz that occurs at the end of the school year. And I'm sure her students are missing her. I guess that I can hope that she's holed up somewhere writing poetry or a novel.

I hadn't connected the dots earlier but another could-be hiker, with troubles on his mind, went missing six weeks after Meghan, about 20 miles south of Lee, MA. Probably no connection, but you never know.

Well I'm glad (and surprised) that they're still looking. I hope LE is being just as thorough and are pursuing the foul play option. I also hope the searchers are looking up into the trees in case she climbed up there with some rope. Whether looking in trees or on the ground, the n

I hadn't connected the dots earlier but another could-be hiker, with troubles on his mind, went missing six weeks after Meghan, about 20 miles south of Lee, MA. Probably no connection, but you never know.

Thanks for posting about Giuseppe, @Spider92. I remember reading about his car being located in the SW corner of the state at the spot he liked to escape to (per the article I read) and then nothing since. Seems like they searched for him for a day or 2. If they've searched beyond that, I have yet to read any articles about their efforts. Probably unrelated, as you said. Here's an article with today's date stating there is no threat to the public regarding his disappearance. Prayers that they can locate him soon for the family. One month since missing Boston man’s truck found in the Berkshires

First time posting here but I've been following this case for a while. I'm a Chicago native but I've been living in Lee since 2015 and this case, as well as the man from Boston who is also missing, make me wonder what's going on around here. I have a friend who lives in Great Barrington (neighboring town), and she was getting out of her car at home one night when a man pulled up behind her, and she overheard him say "I'm here with **her name (keeping her anonymous)**." She had no idea who this was so she just ran to her front door and got inside. He drove off and she hasn't seen him or anyone suspicious since. She didn't get a look at him - she said her fight or flight instinct kicked in and she just ran.

I talked to some friends about this because I don't remember hearing about people going missing in south county (southern Berkshire County, basically anything south of Pittsfield) like this since I've moved out here and we're all kind of freaked out. I know that hiking around here can be risky if you don't know what you're doing because of the wildlife and frankly, there are a lot of abandoned houses and buildings around here so it can be easy to avoid being found if you don't want to be. I live probably 1-2 minutes from where Meghan's car was found, and there is a giant abandoned mill that is being restored right near where I live. I don't know if the police have checked there but it creeps me out and I don't think it would be too hard for someone to get into if they wanted.

I'm glad to see this case is getting attention - she's not much older than I am and I can't imagine going missing out here so I guess I feel like I want to do whatever I can to help.

Snipped for focus....I have a friend who lives in Great Barrington (neighboring town), and she was getting out of her car at home one night when a man pulled up behind her, and she overheard him say "I'm here with **her name (keeping her anonymous)**." She had no idea who this was so she just ran to her front door and got inside.
I'm glad to see this case is getting attention - she's not much older than I am and I can't imagine going missing out here so I guess I feel like I want to do whatever I can to help.
Thank you for posting this. What your friend experienced is very worrisome and I hope LE is taking MM's case seriously. This case needs much more attention, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back