Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94
Thread #95 Thread #96 Thread #97 Thread #98 Thread #99
Thread #100
Thread #101 Thread #102

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

I really hope that the DA can refile the charges. With all of the other discussion online, I have still not heard a plausible argument that points to anyone other than Barry.
THIS 100%

I understand we have laws in this country to prevent innocent people from getting railroaded and there is a process and it's got to play out. I also think what you have said along with what we do know about Barry and his actions prior to Mother's Day 2020, his actions since then, the phone and truck data, Suzanne's texts to Barry and to others about that week, etc. I think there is no other person. Barry would have to be the most unlucky person to have his wife get randomly abducted, murdered, and hidden so well by a total stranger who left no trace of himself behind the same exact week he finds out she wants a divorce and is serious about that, and then proceeds to lie a lot and give himself a ludicrious alibi at a job he can't even do on a holiday people usually spend with their family.. Not only is is very unlikely to be anyone other than Barry, what we know only points to him.

THIS 100%

I understand we have laws in this country to prevent innocent people from getting railroaded and there is a process and it's got to play out. Barry would have to be the most unlucky person to have his wife get randomly abducted, murdered, and hidden so well by a total stranger who left no trace of himself behind the same exact week he finds out she wants a divorce and is serious about that, and then proceeds to lie a lot and give himself a ludicrious alibi at a job he can't even do on a holiday people usually spend with their family..
RSBM So agree Trish. I personally would be sick to see anyone railroaded. Need to add because I do think it was part of the motive. With the Indiana settlement imminent , Suzanne would finally have the means ($$$) in her hands, to implement a plan and survive independently, within weeks of her death.

Barry couldn't let that happen.

Last edited:
<modsnip - off topic>

What is with the reddish-brown stains in one of the M's closets and on the baby-blue top (found in the wilderness), which turned out "to be no blood"??

<modsnip - off topic>
What is with the reddish-brown stains in one of the M's closets and on the baby-blue top (found in the wilderness), which turned out "to be no blood"??
The stain in the closet has had a couple likely suggestions - rust stain, clay stain are just two. We've not heard much about the tshirt the searcher found and turned over to LE. Personally I doubt she went in the river for many reasons...the least of which was Barry complaining that LE could have spent money digging up the beaver dam. A far amount of "trash - clothing, sleeping bags and all sorts of personal items turn up along the Colorado trail and things were found and documented by searchers.

<modsnip - off topic>

Possibly sunless tanner? It’s really messy and will leave reddish-brown stains on clothing and anything it comes into contact with.

THIS 100%

I understand we have laws in this country to prevent innocent people from getting railroaded and there is a process and it's got to play out. I also think what you have said along with what we do know about Barry and his actions prior to Mother's Day 2020, his actions since then, the phone and truck data, Suzanne's texts to Barry and to others about that week, etc. I think there is no other person. Barry would have to be the most unlucky person to have his wife get randomly abducted, murdered, and hidden so well by a total stranger who left no trace of himself behind the same exact week he finds out she wants a divorce and is serious about that, and then proceeds to lie a lot and give himself a ludicrious alibi at a job he can't even do on a holiday people usually spend with their family.. Not only is is very unlikely to be anyone other than Barry, what we know only points to him.

Love your post.:)
You explain BM's actions so clearly.
He is so DUMB.:D:):):D

RSBM So agree Trish. I personally would be sick to see anyone railroaded. Need to add because I do think it was part of the motive. With the Indiana settlement imminent , Suzanne would finally have the means ($$$) in her hands, to implement a plan and survive independently, within weeks of her death.

Barry couldn't let that happen.
Yes.
All their monies was his....even with SM's initial contribution.
You cannot have it, it's all mine, so ........murder!!!!

I really hope that the DA can refile the charges. With all of the other discussion online, I have still not heard a plausible argument that points to anyone other than Barry.
BM’s first go-to was stranger abduction or mountain lion drag. I find it telling that he never suggested she ran off or chose another man.

MOO

BM’s first go-to was stranger abduction or mountain lion drag. I find it telling that he never suggested she ran off or chose another man.

MOO
I might have my timeline off but I don’t think LE told him she was having an affair until later after she disappeared so it would have not been a suggestion he would have made right at the beginning.

I might have my timeline off but I don’t think LE told him she was having an affair until later after she disappeared so it would have not been a suggestion he would have made right at the beginning.
You are correct.
Where I was coming from is …WHY did he never think/say/ she might of ran off?
She could of left simply because she was unhappy….Or had a secret b/f.
IMO he knew she did not and he was setting up his narrative.

MOO

You are correct.

MOO
While LE did not inform BM of their evidence of SM having an affair with JL until shortly before BM's arrest, he slipped up several times on his own with investigators where he clearly suspected there was another man. AA footnotes are a good source for Grusing's comments on this subject. MOO

Sounds like some more top notch police work. :rolleyes:
There's really no comparison. The Morphew investigation was one of the most extensive I've ever seen, comprising of a task force of local, state, and federal investigators.

They spent an absolutely incredible amount of time on this, and threw every resource they had at it.

I'm still amazed that they brought in Necrosearch, and did so right away.

I just wish every investigation could be treated this way.

This isn't going to trial because of prosecution mistakes, not because the investigation wasn't solid.

Last edited:
You are correct.

MOO
And, he never called any of her family or friend's to see if she had told any of them where she went that evening. The first thing I would think was maybe she went to see a friend who picked her up? Or went grocery shopping with a friend who picked her up? Even though he is selling the morning bike ride- she is technically was only unaccounted for after The neighbors and MM2's boyfriend were there?? Why did he jump straight to mountain lion? so quickly? It all just points back to Barry.....

The stain in the closet has had a couple likely suggestions - rust stain, clay stain are just two. We've not heard much about the tshirt the searcher found and turned over to LE. Personally I doubt she went in the river for many reasons...the least of which was Barry complaining that LE could have spent money digging up the beaver dam. A far amount of "trash - clothing, sleeping bags and all sorts of personal items turn up along the Colorado trail and things were found and documented by searchers.

Sorry I am not familiar with "A far amount of "trash - clothing, sleeping bags and all sorts of personal items turn up along the Colorado trail and things were found and documented by searchers."

What of Suzanne's was found along a trail and documented by searchers, except for her bicycle and helmet?

Where was her sleeping bag and clothing found?

The DA can refile the charges but unless they have better evidence than before, I can't see how BM can be convicted.

I feel that stranger abduction is a possibility and could cause reasonable doubt in a jury. Her bicycle and helmet were found along the road, where they were possibly tossed by an abductor. I know that others who are convinced BM murdered her, think these items were tossed by BM. Still, I don't see how this can be proved.

I don't believe there is any history of domestic violence against BM, or of any other crimes that I am aware of. Not counting the "short gun" charge and also BMs voting for Suzanne, which frankly were only filed against BM because they thought he murdered SM.

<modsnip> Especially because his two children are so strongly supportive of their father. Why would they publicly support the murderer of their mother? BM and SMs marriage wasn't perfect for sure but murder?

(BM) was careless in talking so much to investigators, and investigators are skilled in tripping up targets with their own words, but if he really killed Suanne, I think he would just get an attorney and keep quiet, not answering any questions from the police. Instead he talked and talked, not really the actions of a guilty man.

<modsnip - no link to statement>

Although Suzanne's disappearance is a mystery and she is likely deceased, who did it? The prosecutions theory--she was tranquilized by BM and murdered away from her home--doesn't make sense to me. Stranger abduction is just as likely in my view.

<modsnip>

There are so many unanswered questions. Certainly not enough evidence to convict a man of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member