GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Please keep Charlie in your thoughts and prayers. #I STAND 4 CHARLIE
He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers. I very honestly feel he tried to do his best.
IMO, he got caught up in a situation that was way beyond his control. Bigger political forces are at play here.

All JMO, MOO and etc....

I hope Charlie does get a laugh at it. But hey, what's happened, why so sad and tearful?
Sorry for not replying until now. Lots going on and I haven't been on much. I'm okay but thanks for asking... just tired and needed a break. :)

Workers rights are protected in pockets of the state, agree. It's two Ohios. One northeast and all the rest. Up here, people have considered trying to get Canada to annex us or at least split the state in half.;)

But yeah, I'm bored with it. Looking forward to living somewhere else.

Betty, are you moving? I wish you well on your next chapter. I've enjoyed immensely your informative Ohio posts and our exchanges.

For my part, the state isn't perfect. But I've been a lot of places, and Ohio will always be home for me. Plenty of southern influence here, so my roots feel right at home.

Betty, are you moving? I wish you well on your next chapter. I've enjoyed immensely your informative Ohio posts and our exchanges.

For my part, the state isn't perfect. But I've been a lot of places, and Ohio will always be home for me. Plenty of southern influence here, so my roots feel right at home.
Haven't decided yet. Still a few more years to retirement. Only thing holding us after that is kids and grandkids.

After spending time in Europe, that looks like a good option, too. Ohio though, is deeply, irreversibly corrupt. I can't see how they can restore democracy here in the next 20 or 30 yrs. Voting is completely useless

Some people are ok with that, but I think in the long run it will become very unpleasant.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
When I read the headline I went into the article thinking I’d hear of “thousands”. Obviously it was wrong, illegal per their laws, but I ask the same question as you. What about those who fraudulently used PPP loans? Etc, etc

Thanks everyone for not thinking the worst of Charlie. I don't know if many of you know that Charlie's wife filed for divorce a few months ago. Things have been bad for him these last 2 years but he is strong, and I pray he comes back from these setbacks bigger and better. Please keep him in your thoughts.

:(

Thanks everyone for not thinking the worst of Charlie. I don't know if many of you know that Charlie's wife filed for divorce a few months ago. Things have been bad for him these last 2 years but he is strong, and I pray he comes back from these setbacks bigger and better. Please keep him in your thoughts.

:(

I'm saddened to hear of his recent personal heartbreak, been there, done that and it's a bummer.
Big hugs to CHARLIE I STAND WITH HIM.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back