GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, kindly read the DeCoste’s interview at Tallahassee Democrat, and read it in context. DeCoste does not say “Garcia will never testify on behalf of Magbanua”. DeCoste provides the insights to the effect of “Garcia refused to testify at the end, after hesitation”. This suggests that Garcia refused to get along the creative work products (to lie) of Kawass such as “misrepresenting that Garcia and Charles Adelson are friends.”

The informed forecasts going forward say that DeCoste’s stance will induce Magbanua’s behavioral change

Ex Ante KM’s trial #2, DeCoste and the Kawass sisters were strongly advocating that KM is innocent, of course. Tara Kawass continued that route with crying, disingenuous online comments etc. DeCoste changed his opinion ex Post.

Without saying it explicitly, DeCoste’s ex Post comments in his interview imply that KM is convicted in all three counts because of the overwhelming set of evidences. It is my opinion that DeCoste’s appreciation of the evidences is more sincere as compared to Kawass’ characterization.

Hence, more dramatic changes are expected in the coming weeks:

1. Will DeCoste still represent Magbanua in the penalty phase? IMHO, that is unlikely, especially if the Kawass sisters remain
2. If the Kawass were to continue representing Magbanua, will Kristen Kawass (experienced appellate attorney who focuses on post-trial litigation) lead instead of her discredited sister? It is likely that Kristen leads, and … sans DeCoste!
3. Or, … brand new paid attorneys will represent Magbanua? That would be a good move from Magbanua but unlikely due to financial burden ... It is my suspicion that Magbanua's sponsors are now unhappy since the results are disappointing in ... all fronts!
Please kindly read the last sentence in my 3 sentence comment that said I can’t access the interview.

I can't be the only one who, every morning, Googles to see if DA has been arrested? Those of you who do the same, you're not alone :)

It is better for justice to be served that the State Attorneys go carefully. There is no status of limitation for murder in the State of Florida. DeCoste’s interview sets an influential tone toward going forward carefully! Not only the penalty phase of Magbanua’s case but also the coming trial of Doctor Charles Adelson, will be heavily affected by further change of stance of DeCoste and other major participants.

Potential changes in Katherine Magbanua’s case

In next couple of weeks, the post-litigation of KM will have court dates. These preliminary proceedings will reveal who KM’s lawyers will be. KM has to make a dramatic choice:

1. If DeCoste is still part of her team of attorneys in the penalty phase, who will pay DeCoste to encourage Magbanua to plead for leniency? His interview suggests that he would be of the opinion that KM pleads for leniency.

2. DeCoste making nice with the State Attorney will not be enough! KM would have to show remorse. The State attorneys and the court would not believe her remorse unless she cooperates about who hired her! Hence, she will have to inculpate at least the indicted alleged co-conspirator, Charles Adelson. At most, she could provide some evidence against some of the alleged mastermind co-conspirators.

3. Will the Kaswass sisters, especially the Kristen, go along pleading for leniency? Either DeCoste will participate in the post-trial litigation, or not participate, KM’s best choice is still pleading for leniency!

For the ODD team of these 3 attorneys to remain going forward, another change must occur! Kawass should change stance also because I do not see DeCoste make nice one day and turn aggressive again the next day! No matter what, one huge question remains: who is going to further pay for these lawyers, especially if Magbanua turns State witness?

It is better for justice to be served that the State Attorneys go carefully. There is no status of limitation for murder in the State of Florida. DeCoste’s interview sets an influential tone toward going forward carefully! Not only the penalty phase of Magbanua’s case but also the coming trial of Doctor Charles Adelson, will be heavily affected by further change of stance of DeCoste and other major participants.

Potential changes in Katherine Magbanua’s case

In next couple of weeks, the post-litigation of KM will have court dates. These preliminary proceedings will reveal who KM’s lawyers will be. KM has to make a dramatic choice:

1. If DeCoste is still part of her team of attorneys in the penalty phase, who will pay DeCoste to encourage Magbanua to plead for leniency? His interview suggests that he would be of the opinion that KM pleads for leniency.

2. DeCoste making nice with the State Attorney will not be enough! KM would have to show remorse. The State attorneys and the court would not believe her remorse unless she cooperates about who hired her! Hence, she will have to inculpate at least the indicted alleged co-conspirator, Charles Adelson. At most, she could provide some evidence against some of the alleged mastermind co-conspirators.

3. Will the Kaswass sisters, especially the Kristen, go along pleading for leniency? Either DeCoste will participate in the post-trial litigation, or not participate, KM’s best choice is still pleading for leniency!

For the ODD team of these 3 attorneys to remain going forward, another change must occur! Kawass should change stance also because I do not see DeCoste make nice one day and turn aggressive again the next day! No matter what, one huge question remains: who is going to further pay for these lawyers, especially if Magbanua turns State witness?
Unless both KM and the State want to make a deal/have KM cooperate, there can be no leniency because the mandatory minimum for first degree murder in Fla is LWOP. Without a deal, the best KM can probably do is assignment to a prison in South Florida, closer to her family. Remorse doesn't matter. JMO.

Same! I can’t access it either. I hope that some members here understand that not all of us have or want a subscription.

That's why, in my post, I put Mentour Lawyer's YouTube video link directly below the Tallahassee Democrat article link. For anyone that is interested in watching it, Mentour Lawyer reviews the article, line by line.

That's why, in my post, I put Mentour Lawyer's YouTube video link directly below the Tallahassee Democrat article link. For anyone that is interested in watching it, Mentour Lawyer reviews the article, line by line.
I appreciate that. To you and everyone who posts links and adds to the conversation in this thread! Thank you! I don’t particularly like Mentour Lawyer’s channel. I haven’t watched a video of his since the juror interview from the last trial. The idea of him reading an article line by line is making me sleepy already. Lol.

Unless both KM and the State want to make a deal/have KM cooperate, there can be no leniency because the mandatory minimum for first degree murder in Fla is LWOP. Without a deal, the best KM can probably do is assignment to a prison in South Florida, closer to her family. Remorse doesn't matter. JMO.
Just after the trial Georgia C was quite lukewarm when asked about any sort of plea deal with KM. My guess is that she believes she has enough documentation and existing trial testimony to get CJA convicted at least for conspiracy and she'd need something that would 100% guarantee CJA's conviction** plus give a basis for charging Donna with at least conspiracy or accessory after the fact with reasonable prospect of conviction.
** For instance the piece of computer print out with DM's photo and address on it that SG was carrying - it it also had Adelson fingerprints on it (likely CJA's)

I suspect the defense will run a line that KM heard about the Markel divorce issue and approached CJA with an offer to fix it via threats delivered to DM and even a possible beating. Then it got out of hand. KM can either lie and back that up (payments being made to her children for the favour) or she can refuse to testify at all, in which case the jury will hear the lawyers' version.

GC knows that Judge Wheeler regards the Dolice Vita conversation as part of a conspiracy based on case law. She also knows he is assigned to the CJA trial.

Just finished watching the juror interview video. Relieved that the jury got it right, but astounded that some remained open to a “not guilty” verdict for as long as they did. Although my faith in the jury system has been shored up somewhat, I wouldn’t say it has been restored.

Just finished watching the juror interview video. Relieved that the jury got it right, but astounded that some remained open to a “not guilty” verdict for as long as they did. Although my faith in the jury system has been shored up somewhat, I wouldn’t say it has been restored.
I'm guessing that some had trouble with the prospect of conspiracy conviction given that KM did not say anything audible in Dolce Vita and that all of the discussion was post the even in any case (though J Wheeler ruled that it still qualified as conspiracy).

Just after the trial Georgia C was quite lukewarm when asked about any sort of plea deal with KM. My guess is that she believes she has enough documentation and existing trial testimony to get CJA convicted at least for conspiracy and she'd need something that would 100% guarantee CJA's conviction** plus give a basis for charging Donna with at least conspiracy or accessory after the fact with reasonable prospect of conviction.
** For instance the piece of computer print out with DM's photo and address on it that SG was carrying - it it also had Adelson fingerprints on it (likely CJA's)

I suspect the defense will run a line that KM heard about the Markel divorce issue and approached CJA with an offer to fix it via threats delivered to DM and even a possible beating. Then it got out of hand. KM can either lie and back that up (payments being made to her children for the favour) or she can refuse to testify at all, in which case the jury will hear the lawyers' version.

GC knows that Judge Wheeler regards the Dolice Vita conversation as part of a conspiracy based on case law. She also knows he is assigned to the CJA trial.

CA might try a similar defense as Dr. Leon Jacob -

He is sticking to his story that he never wanted to kill anyone.

Jacob insists he was desperate following the breakup with his ex-girlfriend Meghan Verikas. He admits hiring a person he characterizes as a private investigator to find her because she had shut off all contact with him. But Jacob insists he just wanted to reconcile.

"We had multiple discussions about not wanting to harm or hurt anybody," he said. "I never asked for anybody to be hurt, killed, harmed, kidnapped."

"It doesn't make me guilty of solicitation of capital murder. I'm not on trial for being a womanizer," said Jacob. He continued, "You can assassinate my character all you want up here but it doesn't make me guilty of solicitation of capital murder."

If CA were to make a deal to spare DA and WA, would the state accept it? Or would CA's tale be completely implausible given the evidence?

Not only opt but some others also asked: would the State extend a deal to CA to help convict Wendi and Donna Adelson?

It is absurd for the State of Florida to extend a deal to Dr. Charles Adelson in the trial phase. Deal for what, to remove one of the 3 counts?

CA’s attorneys will fight like hell saying he is innocent. State would do its best to convict him in all 3 counts similarly as Magbanua!

I look forward to a Dr. Charles Adelson trial whereas Donna Adelson will be compelled by the State of Florida to testify and to be cross-examined under a Derivative Use Immunity! Thereafter, the State could still prosecute her with the existing evidences and other potential evidences obtained independently afterward.

CA might try a similar defense as Dr. Leon Jacob -

Some people suggest that Dr. Adelson take the stand and deny every thing (I am a well educated wealthy Doctor who has nothing to do with thud Sigfredo Garcia); and/or adopt Leo Jacob’s strategy (I never asked anybody to kill anybody”)

Leon Jacob said that he only hired a private investigator to locate a loved one who rejected him. The Leon Jacob strategy will not work / does not apply to Charles Adelson’s case.

Adelson did not hire private investigators. It is alleged that Dr. Adelson hired Magbanua to recruit the father of her children and a Latin King member to kill Dan Markel. Magbanua and Sigfredo Garcia are not in the private investigation business. Magbanua was Dr. Adelson’s sex toy at the time. Garcia was a t.h.u.g who owed Magbanua large amount of child support money at the time. Videos and pictures from public facilities’ cameras show that trigger man Garcia was driven around in Tallahassee FL by a Latin King member Riveria as his private chauffeur!

I look forward to a Dr. Charles Adelson trial whereas Wendi Adelson will be compelled again by the State of Florida to testify and to be cross-examined under a Derivative Use Immunity! After all, “all of this is because of you!”, dixit DeCoste. It is alleged that Dan Markel got killed because of the messy Wendi Adelson’s divorce aftermath behavior!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998