CANADA Canada - Elnaz Hajtamiri, 37, Abducted following home invasion, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, 12 Jan 2022

"Riyasat Singh, 23, of Mississauga, was arrested, and a Canada-wide warrant was issued for Harshdeep Binner, 23, of Brampton." -- Search for Elnaz Hajtamiri continues as ex-boyfriend's lawyer appears in court

According to the True Crime podcast update, Binner may be in Edmonton (see ‎True North True Crime: BONUS - Update: Craig MacDonald & Elnaz Hajtamiri on Apple Podcasts -- review and update re: Elnaz's case at 17:50 mark. Binner was arrested but unfortunately released there in March on other charges). Let's hope Binner will be apprehended soon. Sending best wishes for continued strength to Elnaz's family and friends.

Last edited:
Have they commented on her relationship with her family? Or if family fearful of someone? Have they been threatened?

I have a funny feeling that there is a lot more to this case than the family is telling both the public, and the police.

This is not simply a jealous boyfriend.

I think something happened back in her home country, she was trying to run away from that "something", and now that "something" has caught up to her.

Last edited:
there was a woman found deceased in a Brampton home and missing persons has taken over the case. Woman found dead with obvious signs of trauma inside Brampton home - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

Catherine McDonald Global News
https://twitter.com/cmcdonaldglobal
·

A very active scene on a quiet street in Brampton after a woman was found dead with obvious signs of trauma inside a semi-detached home ⁦

Nope just updated twitter

homicide and missing persons bureau has taken over. Neighbours tell me a young woman in her 20s lived in the basement of the home on Aloma Cres, now a crime scene

there was a woman found deceased in a Brampton home and missing persons has taken over the case. Woman found dead with obvious signs of trauma inside Brampton home - Toronto | Globalnews.ca

Catherine McDonald Global News
https://twitter.com/cmcdonaldglobal
·

A very active scene on a quiet street in Brampton after a woman was found dead with obvious signs of trauma inside a semi-detached home ⁦

Nope just updated twitter

homicide and missing persons bureau has taken over. Neighbours tell me a young woman in her 20s lived in the basement of the home on Aloma Cres, now a crime scene
updating to say that this doesn't seem related to this case.
The woman was a victim of domestic violence and they have named the suspect.

June 16 2022 rbbm. by Lavinia Thompson
1655824406819.png
In April, CBC reported the discovery that Elnaz’s ex-boyfriend, Mohamad Lilo, 34-years-old, hired a private investigator via Investigations Plus Ltd in Brampton to follow Hajtamiri. CBC’s sources remained anonymous.
Hajtamiri and Lilo broke up in October 2021, according to CBC. Nine days after she vanished, Lilo was charged with harassing her. His attorney wouldn’t speak to CBC, nor could reporters get a hold of Lilo himself.
One source told CBC that on January 10 and 11, while Hajtamiri was staying with relatives, the firm had conducted surveillance outside the home. According to the source, the investigator was called off on January 12, the day Hajtamiri was abducted. The private investigator watched the home on the day of the abduction, but ended his shift at around 6 p.m. to get food and take his insulin for his diabetes, CBC reports.
The abduction happened at about 8:30 p.m.''

''The owner of Investigations Plus Ltd, Gabriel Cojocaru, told CBC that it was a coincidence and no one specifically told him to end surveillance at that time.
Cojocaru, did confirm to CBC that Mohamad Lilo hired the firm in early December, requesting they monitor Hajtamiri, even providing addresses of her and her family. CBC confirmed via sources that Lilo was familiar with the residences from when he and Hajtamiri dated.
CBC also learned Lilo told Cojocaru that Hajtamiri allegedly robbed him of $100,000, and wanted to serve her court papers. He allegedly also initially gave the PI a fake name, and then changed his story after, claiming Hajtamiri may have been involved in a shooting of his brother and claimed she was dangerous. It’s important to note that none of Lilo’s story has been confirmed.
Police have stated they don’t believe Elnaz Hajtamiri to be associated or guilty of any criminal activity, and believe she is innocent of any wrongdoing.
Cojocaru said he was blindsided by the abduction but he is cooperating with police.
“When I heard the story, like, I didn’t feel good at all. Like, I was very depressed and very upset about the whole thing, because we don’t associate criminals. I don’t support criminals. I hope and I wish and I pray that this girl, she’s alive,” he told CBC.
As for the harassment charges, Lilo was released on bail, and forbidden from contacted Cojocaru. He is to pay $5000 for each time he breaches bail conditions.
I found no updates regarding a court date for this charge.
After the December 20 assault in her garage, Hajtamiri went to stay with relatives, fearing for her safety. One man has been arrested in relation to this: 23-year-old Riyaset Singh from Mississuaga, ON, was arrested April 14.
Harshdeep Binner is still on the loose with a nation wide warrant out for his arrest. In March, Edmonton police arrested him and two other men from Ontario for the thefts of multiple trucks, CBC reports. He was released pending a court date, but is now wanted by police in Ontario for the assault on Hajtamiri.
1*UGk-PHcFKhxMyOkhFhQiYA.jpeg

''Binner could be anywhere in the country. He clearly has ties to Alberta, and we have no way of knowing where else he could have connections to. But he could be the key to naming the other suspects involved and if in fact Lilo had anything to do with this. Each one of these people needs to be brought to justice for this horrible crime.
If you see Binner, call it in. If you know something, call it in. Help the family share this information on social media. Any little detail could matter. It’s been five months. Let’s bring her home.''

Great that you posted such a huge photo of Binner, dotr! Hopefully some vigilant member of the public will spot him and call in the tip leading to custody. Better yet, I hope he turns himself in.

I can only imagine the agony for Elnaz's friends and family. Hope they're finding ways to stay strong.

Thanks, from link.. (Have to look into so-called RED Ball cases, never heard that term before) rbbm.
ETA live and learn, imo..

'Red-ball Definitions | What does red-ball mean? | Best 2 Definitions of Red-ball

'Red-ball definition​

(law enforcement, slang) A high-profile high-priority case which draws political or media attention.''​

''In the months prior to the kidnapping, Elnaz had quit her job at an import-export company with dreams of becoming a baker and opening her own business.

Did leaving her job put Elnaz in the line of fire? Did she know too much? Or was it something else?''

''That is all speculation, but there has been much of it since the beloved woman was brazenly grabbed.

In the words of U.S. cops, the Elnaz Hajtamiri case remains a “red ball,” indicating priority importance and implications beyond the criminal investigation.''

''So far, cops have not called the investigation a homicide investigation. But there are fears that’s what it will turn into.

If you have any information, contact the OPP’s dedicated tip line at 1-833-728-3415 or remain anonymous by contacting Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.''

A 35-year-old Quebec man has been charged with kidnapping in connection with an abduction investigation in Wasaga Beach.

On Tuesday, officers said after "further investigation," 35-year-old Mohamad Lilo from Brossard, Quebec has been arrested and charged with kidnapping in connection with the incident in Wasaga Beach.

Police said he has also been charged with attempted murder and attempted kidnapping in connection with the attack in Richmond Hill.

Last edited:
A 35-year-old Quebec man has been charged with kidnapping in connection with an abduction investigation in Wasaga Beach.

On Tuesday, officers said after "further investigation," 35-year-old Mohamad Lilo from Brossard, Quebec has been arrested and charged with kidnapping in connection with the incident in Wasaga Beach.

Police said he has also been charged with attempted murder and attempted kidnapping in connection with the attack in Richmond Hill.

Would these charges indicate that Lilo was actually present during the parking garage attack, and during Elnaz's abduction? Or could mean he is implicated as a conspirator or the mastermind behind both events, but not physically present?

rbbm.
''Mohamad Lilo, 35, had previously been charged with criminal harassment for allegedly contacting Elnaz Hajtamiri after the pair broke up in October, 2021.

He was taken into custody from his hometown, Brossard, Quebec, and flown back to Ontario on Tuesday (July 12), according to the OPP and his lawyer, Phillippe Grenier.

Grenier said he would be appearing on his client’s behalf in Barrie court on Wednesday (July 13). Otherwise, said the Montreal-based lawyer, he could offer no other comment.''

''Lilo was scheduled to make a court appearance on July 12 in Collingwood court on the criminal harassment charges

The latest charge is connected to Hajtamiri’s kidnapping. He has also now been charged with attempted murder and attempted kidnapping in connection to an alleged incident in December that saw Hajtamiri attacked by two men, including one who was wielding a frying pan.''

This story is terrifying!!
I agree. Everything that happened to her by these people from the first attack to the abduction it was just so brazen. It reminds me of other cases that I've been following on WS. These people weren't afraid of the public. I mean there was commotion to make others aware of this horror and it didn't deter them. There was a case on WS where a girl got abducted in a parking lot where the building the parking lot was for was having nightclasses, CCTV. security inside, full of cars, just like this case. I'm just trying to point out that there are people this brazen out there. IDK maybe these people think time is on their side enough to get away. What gets me is the other participants who helped this happen. The motivation, I realize she is Persian and it is a very conservative culture. Some of the other participants to this horror are not Persian and not from the same culture I can tell by their surnames. So why do this? Why help the perp? This is way beyond monetary gain the risk is very high for them. Are they all psychopaths. There may be more victims in different ways. These people's backgrounds need to be scrutinized.

June 16 2022 rbbm. by Lavinia Thompson
View attachment 350561
In April, CBC reported the discovery that Elnaz’s ex-boyfriend, Mohamad Lilo, 34-years-old, hired a private investigator via Investigations Plus Ltd in Brampton to follow Hajtamiri. CBC’s sources remained anonymous.
Hajtamiri and Lilo broke up in October 2021, according to CBC. Nine days after she vanished, Lilo was charged with harassing her. His attorney wouldn’t speak to CBC, nor could reporters get a hold of Lilo himself.
One source told CBC that on January 10 and 11, while Hajtamiri was staying with relatives, the firm had conducted surveillance outside the home. According to the source, the investigator was called off on January 12, the day Hajtamiri was abducted. The private investigator watched the home on the day of the abduction, but ended his shift at around 6 p.m. to get food and take his insulin for his diabetes, CBC reports.
The abduction happened at about 8:30 p.m.''

''The owner of Investigations Plus Ltd, Gabriel Cojocaru, told CBC that it was a coincidence and no one specifically told him to end surveillance at that time.
Cojocaru, did confirm to CBC that Mohamad Lilo hired the firm in early December, requesting they monitor Hajtamiri, even providing addresses of her and her family. CBC confirmed via sources that Lilo was familiar with the residences from when he and Hajtamiri dated.
CBC also learned Lilo told Cojocaru that Hajtamiri allegedly robbed him of $100,000, and wanted to serve her court papers. He allegedly also initially gave the PI a fake name, and then changed his story after, claiming Hajtamiri may have been involved in a shooting of his brother and claimed she was dangerous. It’s important to note that none of Lilo’s story has been confirmed.
Police have stated they don’t believe Elnaz Hajtamiri to be associated or guilty of any criminal activity, and believe she is innocent of any wrongdoing.
Cojocaru said he was blindsided by the abduction but he is cooperating with police.
“When I heard the story, like, I didn’t feel good at all. Like, I was very depressed and very upset about the whole thing, because we don’t associate criminals. I don’t support criminals. I hope and I wish and I pray that this girl, she’s alive,” he told CBC.
As for the harassment charges, Lilo was released on bail, and forbidden from contacted Cojocaru. He is to pay $5000 for each time he breaches bail conditions.
I found no updates regarding a court date for this charge.
After the December 20 assault in her garage, Hajtamiri went to stay with relatives, fearing for her safety. One man has been arrested in relation to this: 23-year-old Riyaset Singh from Mississuaga, ON, was arrested April 14.
Harshdeep Binner is still on the loose with a nation wide warrant out for his arrest. In March, Edmonton police arrested him and two other men from Ontario for the thefts of multiple trucks, CBC reports. He was released pending a court date, but is now wanted by police in Ontario for the assault on Hajtamiri.
1*UGk-PHcFKhxMyOkhFhQiYA.jpeg

''Binner could be anywhere in the country. He clearly has ties to Alberta, and we have no way of knowing where else he could have connections to. But he could be the key to naming the other suspects involved and if in fact Lilo had anything to do with this. Each one of these people needs to be brought to justice for this horrible crime.
If you see Binner, call it in. If you know something, call it in. Help the family share this information on social media. Any little detail could matter. It’s been five months. Let’s bring her home.''
From this story I notice:

Late Oct. Elnaz broke up with Lilo.

Early December, Lilo, who lives in Quebec, hired a private investigator in Brampton to follow Elnaz, who lived in Richmond Hill about an hour away.

Dec 20, Elnaz was attacked in her underground garage but a passerby intervened. Her attackers were two men from Brampton.

Early January, the same private detective is still surveilling her, though now she is in Wasaga Beach, 1.5 hrs from Brampton. He quits for the night and shortly after she's kidnapped.

So, if Elnaz was being followed by this PI in December, wouldn't he know about the attack on her? Why would he keep working for Lilo after that? My only guess is, Lilo upped his salary. And he pretended to believe the lies Lilo told him.

I wonder how long after her abduction did he go to police?

Everything that happened to her by these people from the first attack to the abduction it was just so brazen. It reminds me of other cases that I've been following on WS. These people weren't afraid of the public. I mean there was commotion to make others aware of this horror and it didn't deter them. There was a case on WS where a girl got abducted in a parking lot where the building the parking lot was for was having nightclasses, CCTV. security inside, full of cars, just like this case. I'm just trying to point out that there are people this brazen out there. IDK maybe these people think time is on their side enough to get away. What gets me is the other participants who helped this happen. The motivation, I realize she is Persian and it is a very conservative culture. Some of the other participants to this horror are not Persian and not from the same culture I can tell by their surnames. So why do this? Why help the perp? This is way beyond monetary gain the risk is very high for them. Are they all psychopaths. There may be more victims in different ways. These people's backgrounds need to be scrutinized.

I think Lilo simply hired them and paid them well.

He could just look the PI up, but the lowlife assaulters, you need connections to find them.

In the case of Dan Markel, his wealthy dentist brother-in-law arranged his murder through his (dentist's) then-girlfriend, because the father of her children was a petty criminal. The dentist simply offered $100,000 for the murder, and the girlfriend arranged the rest. Some people will do anything for money if they think they can get away with it.

As for how Lilo thought he'd get away with it, that's harder to understand, since all the insiders likely knew right away who was behind it. Naturally, Elnaz would have told police everything after the first attack.

To me, that points to someone very arrogant, but also someone blinded by anger, hatred, vindictiveness.

JMO

Last edited:
From this story I notice:

Late Oct. Elnaz broke up with Lilo.

Early December, Lilo, who lives in Quebec, hired a private investigator in Brampton to follow Elnaz, who lived in Richmond Hill about an hour away.

Dec 20, Elnaz was attacked in her underground garage but a passerby intervened. Her attackers were two men from Brampton.

Early January, the same private detective is still surveilling her, though now she is in Wasaga Beach, 1.5 hrs from Brampton. He quits for the night and shortly after she's kidnapped.

So, if Elnaz was being followed by this PI in December, wouldn't he know about the attack on her? Why would he keep working for Lilo after that? My only guess is, Lilo upped his salary. And he pretended to believe the lies Lilo told him.

I wonder how long after her abduction did he go to police?

I think Lilo simply hired them and paid them well.

He could just look the PI up, but the lowlife assaulters, you need connections to find them.

In the case of Dan Markel, his wealthy dentist brother-in-law arranged his murder through his (dentist's) then-girlfriend, because the father of her children was a petty criminal. The dentist simply offered $100,000 for the murder, and the girlfriend arranged the rest. Some people will do anything for money if they think they can get away with it.

As for how Lilo thought he'd get away with it, that's harder to understand, since all the insiders likely knew right away who was behind it. Naturally, Elnaz would have told police everything after the first attack.

To me, that points to someone very arrogant, but also someone blinded by anger, hatred, vindictiveness.

JMO
I agree wih you assumpions how arrogant they are. But at the same time I just can't help but see that these people were after the money (helpers, aiders non tellers of what occurred) and had no conscience, they were that brazen. We have a culture that is very open and the expectation normally is of forthrightness. There is a clash here. Obviously these people adhere to promoting fear or rather don't care if they do and are okay with it (the PI you mentioned now wants to disasociate from these people but he is probably watching over his shoulder often now IMO another victim.) The poor woman is probably not alive anymore but there is no care from these individuals. All she was trying to do was better her life and for the most part succeeding until she met him. I will say likeminded folks tend to flock together (not Tamiri she didn't realize she was in danger right from the beginning unfortunately or couldn't believe this sort of thing could possibly happen to her, poor lady.)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back