GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always thought Wendi possibly knew her brother had orchestrated this or was otherwise involved.

But I am just watching Wendi’s entire police interview (I’ve watched about 5 hours) and it’s changed my mind.

1. Wendi is told Dan is still alive and pushes very hard to get a rabbi to his bedside. Why would she risk a deathbed ID of gunman or getaway car??
2. Wendi makes it clear that Dan would want all life support measures taken. She tells the police to look into whether he has advance directive. Why would you push to keep alive a man you tried to have killed?
3. She wants the kids to be taken to Dan’s bedside. She is told that is not a good idea, as Dan has been shot in the face. She clearly had no idea.
4. Wendi’s friend is the one who raises Lacasse and specifically tells the police to check out Lacasse. She describes Lacasse as jealous. It was not Wendi who raised Lacasse.

Watched in its totality, Wendi comes off as someone who is genuinely shocked and upset and doing her best to help the police. She’s not guarded at all. She defends Dan, and does not try to muddy the waters- she staunchly denies he has any vices or any real enemies.

At one point, she is scrolling through her phone with the victim’s advocate, searching for people who should be informed and she stops on her lawyer’s number and asks her victim advocate if she should tell her family lawyer. The victim advocate certainly did not discourage her from calling her lawyer but Wendi just drops it and moves on.
This has to be the funniest thing I have read on here in weeks! WA knew everything, she is a horrible actress. She literally checks all the boxes of a "GUILTY" person during the entire interview. She doesn't shed a single real tear. I disagree 100%!

KM was found guilty on May 27, which was 24 days ago. After the verdict was read, Judge Wheeler said sentencing would happen in 30 days. Any reason or speculation why it has been delayed to July 29, which is a gap of 63 days?

I’ve always thought Wendi possibly knew her brother had orchestrated this or was otherwise involved.

But I am just watching Wendi’s entire police interview (I’ve watched about 5 hours) and it’s changed my mind.

1. Wendi is told Dan is still alive and pushes very hard to get a rabbi to his bedside. Why would she risk a deathbed ID of gunman or getaway car??
2. Wendi makes it clear that Dan would want all life support measures taken. She tells the police to look into whether he has advance directive. Why would you push to keep alive a man you tried to have killed?
3. She wants the kids to be taken to Dan’s bedside. She is told that is not a good idea, as Dan has been shot in the face. She clearly had no idea.
4. Wendi’s friend is the one who raises Lacasse and specifically tells the police to check out Lacasse. She describes Lacasse as jealous. It was not Wendi who raised Lacasse.

Watched in its totality, Wendi comes off as someone who is genuinely shocked and upset and doing her best to help the police. She’s not guarded at all. She defends Dan, and does not try to muddy the waters- she staunchly denies he has any vices or any real enemies.

At one point, she is scrolling through her phone with the victim’s advocate, searching for people who should be informed and she stops on her lawyer’s number and asks her victim advocate if she should tell her family lawyer. The victim advocate certainly did not discourage her from calling her lawyer but Wendi just drops it and moves on.
Per her own mother, she is a great actress! Back eight years ago, I thought she was distraught, too.

Per her own mother, she is a great actress! Back eight years ago, I thought she was distraught, too.
I was a theatre major and was always so jealous of the actors who could cry on cue. And there are people who can do it. Not a lot, but the ones that can, do it like flipping a light switch. I think Wendi is just one such person. In many ways, she reminds of my theatre major friends. Her Latex Husband podcast is very theatrical. So, while I too thought she seemed completely surprised when I first heard the Over My Dead Body podcast, I now think she was pulling off the performance of her life and crying on cue. It was not coincidence that she drove down Trescot that day. She went that way to see if the deed had been done. She went to the liquor store clear on the other side of town to get the receipt to document her alibi and to check out what was going on because she knew that was the day. If I was on a jury and heard these things, it would really make my ears prick up.

Me too. But having watched her twice now in court and viewing the totality of the evidence so far, and hearing Charlie complain about her entitlement to their mother (who at least appears to agree but she's also likely a "great actress"), I have landed firmly in the "Wendi was entirely apprised of what was going to--and did--happen and had prepared for her performance in the police station for months. She over thought some things and fancied herself smarter than the interrogators imo, but she was very prepared for her performance. None of it rings true to me, at all. Two things--why did she not inquire about her kids safety immediately, but uses that as the excuse for changing their names? It's like she thinks about and decides to be "afraid" a year later, but skipped over the maternal instinct to be afraid when you see crime scene tape on the street where they slept the night before. Now I've forgotten my second thing but it was a good one and I'll come back once I remember it. ;)

Ok, I remembered it. Given the enmeshment of this family, how can anyone reconcile the notion that Donna and Charlie would conspire and execute the MURDER of the FATHER of Wendi's children without ever asking her to weigh in on it? I do think she weighed in as well on that "kosher-style" nonsense at their wedding. This family works as a unit to get what they want for all involved. I don't see them breaking rank for MURDER.

KM was found guilty on May 27, which was 24 days ago. After the verdict was read, Judge Wheeler said sentencing would happen in 30 days. Any reason or speculation why it has been delayed to July 29, which is a gap of 63 days?
It was reported that hearings were all running late right now. That's all I got.

The first thing she is told when she is informed about the shooting is that Dan was not going to survive. The odds were in her favor that no identification was ever going to be made, no life support measures would be necessary, no one would get on board with her taking the kids to the bedside. This is all just performative in my opinion, under the safe umbrella that he his death was imminent.

Hey, any thoughts about why DA's call to the "blackmailer" after the bump was not included in KM's trial at all? Or did I miss it? I rewatched the 20/20 episode and there it is, plain as day. Again with the same "I'll call you back" comment that Charlie gave.

RSBM:

If it was possible to get an ID from the gravely wounded Dan Markel, LE would have been all over that before a rabbi showed up. LE is not leaving that to a religious leader. JMO.

ghts about why DA's call to the "blackmailer" after the bump was not included in KM's trial at all? Or did I miss it? I rewatched the 20/20 episode and there it is, plain as day. Again with the same "I'll call you back" comment that Charlie gave.
There are so many wiretaps and calls that are public and were generally used in the first trial but were not brought in for the re-trial. I believe that some of this was prosecutorial discretion but most of it was Judge Wheeler. He drew some very narrow lines around the types of DA + CA calls that could be used as evidence (and therefore exceptions to the hearsay rule).

IIRC, he only allowed the DA>CA call right after the bump to introduce the evidence that DA never mentioned Katie's name, but used the word "ex-girlfriend" and Charlie immediately called Katie, despite her not being his most recent ex-girlfriend. The other DA calls were generally not used unless there was something specific about KM. So the DA+CA call right after the bump and then the DA+CA call right after Dolce Vita.

Does anyone think it's meaningful that both Charlie and Katie will be dealt with in court on the same morning? Is this just a coinkydink or will some connection be made?

Me too. But having watched her twice now in court and viewing the totality of the evidence so far, and hearing Charlie complain about her entitlement to their mother (who at least appears to agree but she's also likely a "great actress"), I have landed firmly in the "Wendi was entirely apprised of what was going to--and did--happen and had prepared for her performance in the police station for months. She over thought some things and fancied herself smarter than the interrogators imo, but she was very prepared for her performance. None of it rings true to me, at all. Two things--why did she not inquire about her kids safety immediately, but uses that as the excuse for changing their names? It's like she thinks about and decides to be "afraid" a year later, but skipped over the maternal instinct to be afraid when you see crime scene tape on the street where they slept the night before. Now I've forgotten my second thing but it was a good one and I'll come back once I remember it. ;)

Ok, I remembered it. Given the enmeshment of this family, how can anyone reconcile the notion that Donna and Charlie would conspire and execute the MURDER of the FATHER of Wendi's children without ever asking her to weigh in on it? I do think she weighed in as well on that "kosher-style" nonsense at their wedding. This family works as a unit to get what they want for all involved. I don't see them breaking rank for MURDER.
I wish I could like this post more than once. Totally agree. There is precisely a zero percent chance that Donna and Charlie planned and executed this murder without Wendi's full support and approval. There is a pattern of behavior from Donna's emails where Donna is suggesting all kinds of crazy and insane things to Wendi on how to manage the divorce situation (the $1M bribe, Hitler Youth costumes, conversion to catholicism). Not a single one of these suggestions were adopted because Wendi was the final decision-maker.

"Jibbers has not beaten the Adelson family yet." The barbaric daytime assassination of Dan Markel was a joint family venture that could only be authorized by Wendi.

Last edited:
I wish I could like this post more than once. Totally agree. There is precisely a zero percent chance that Donna and Charlie planned and executed this murder without Wendi's full support and approval. There is a pattern of behavior from Donna's emails where Donna is suggesting all kinds of crazy and insane things to Wendi on how to manage the divorce situation (the $1M bribe, Hitler Youth costumes, conversion to catholicism). Not a single one of these suggestions were adopted because Wendi was the final decision-maker.

"Jibbers has not beaten the Adelson family yet." The barbaric daytime assassination of Dan Markel was a joint family venture that could only be authorized by Wendi.

I look forward to the day when Donna Adelson has to answer to her own words in a public form (a courtroom where she is on trial). How about the part where Wendi tried to insinuate that "Jibbers" was some cute term of endearment, not a slur at all. These people are just awful. I do wonder who came up with that name and how.

No, the pattern is one where DA proposes increasingly insane solutions and Wendi keeps shooting them down. The pattern is one of DA getting increasingly agitated with WA’s failure to act, escalate and institute DA’s stupid ideas. So, DA just cut ineffective WA out and decided to get it handled.

If you look at the family dynamic, DA is a loon who is uber controlling and willing to do (or at least propose) insane courses of action. I have never seen evidence of WA proposing or suggesting any insane course of action, and in fact, she ignores her mother’s stupid ideas. Getting ignored and having her ideas dismissed must have infuriated DA and convinced her that WA could not handle this.

Does anyone think it's meaningful that both Charlie and Katie will be dealt with in court on the same morning? Is this just a coinkydink or will some connection be made?
I think it’s maybe just a function of the cases being assigned to the same judge? Usually a judge in criminal court will have certain time slots each week to hold criminal hearing matters such as pretrial hearings and sentencings, and other times blocked off for jury trials, etc.

It’s hard to think they would undertake this extreme measure without her knowing, I always get stuck on the fact that the hit men were following DM around while he had the kids! What if one of the kids had woke up that morning with a tummy bug and stayed home from preschool, for instance. In the police interview video WA says she and DM were in contact that morning as they needed to discuss their eldest child’s school enrollment for the fall. DM left her a voicemail that he would talk to her after he went to the gym. I have to think if she knew, that she needed confirmation the kids were dropped off at preschool that morning. And the whole drive by near Trescott is hugely weird. In the police interview she mentions that to the detective right off the bat almost. She says she drives by the house as a way of dealing with her divorce. In trial testimony though she did not use that explanation, she just explained it as a reasonable shortcut to her liquor store destination.

Wouldn’t it have been easier for the hit to be scheduled during a day DM did NOT have the kids at all? Or could it be thought in advance that this could give WA more plausible deniability, because what mom would knowingly let these killers trawl around her preschoolers?

No, the pattern is one where DA proposes increasingly insane solutions and Wendi keeps shooting them down. The pattern is one of DA getting increasingly agitated with WA’s failure to act, escalate and institute DA’s stupid ideas. So, DA just cut ineffective WA out and decided to get it handled.

If you look at the family dynamic, DA is a loon who is uber controlling and willing to do (or at least propose) insane courses of action. I have never seen evidence of WA proposing or suggesting any insane course of action, and in fact, she ignores her mother’s stupid ideas. Getting ignored and having her ideas dismissed must have infuriated DA and convinced her that WA could not handle this.
Wendi was so infuriated by her mother and brother going behind her back to murder Dan Markel that she moved to Miami 3 days after the murder - the day after the funeral service and she refused to talk to police the day after his murder. How did she have time to pack a 3BR house with all her grief? She must've been extremely upset with Katie too, having spent a day at the beach with her smack-dab in the middle of the two different trips that Katie's assassins had taken up to Tallahassee to murder her ex-husband who she hated with every fibre of her being. And when she found out that her brother and mom were on wiretaps getting extorted by the same gangbangers that did in fact murder her husband, she didn't even want to listen because...well - that's the prosecution's job! In fact, she has no knowledge of the case and doesn't follow it AT ALL. Unless....of course, buried in 12 terabytes of data, she can find a single email from Ruth Markel trying to make sure her kids have childcare in the hypothetical event that every Adelson in Miami is arrested and Ruth still in Toronto so will need time to get down there to look after the kids. I guess thats the only evidence of the case she's following - the bits that she can use to punish the living Markel family members? Notice the aggression towards Dan Markel's family but no anger whatsoever with her own family. Except Rob. He's the worst cause he wanted to poke around and get some answers as to who might've killed Dan. Wendi is murdering sociopath.

Just because she's not emailing murder instructions from her gmail account doesn't mean she wasn't directly involved. She was on the phone with Charlie for 18 minutes the morning of the murder (after Charlie had spoken to Magnbanua). Wonder what they talked about? Charlie wasn't writing Wendi emails proposing any course of action either and he obviously did it.

Charlie had the legal misfortune of being the only Adelson interacting with Magbanua in this murder-for-hire scheme. But that doesn't mean that Charlie is the only Adelson guilty of it.

Last edited:
During the “operation”, calls were in 3 groups: (1) between Magbanua and Garcia, (2) between Magbanua and Charles Adelson; and, (3) between Wendi and Donna & Charles Adelson. According to multiple court papers, the chronological chains of calls indicate the Wendi to Donna & Charles to Magbanua to Sigfredo channel, back and forth.

“Katie (Magbanua) told Appelant (Sigfredo Garcia) they had to finish the job before Markel left town.”
See the picture of Sigfredo Garcia’s Appeal Excerpt attached.
How does Magbanua know that Markel is about to leave out of town?
Which of the Adelson knew of Markel’s travel itinerary?
It has to be Wendi! For she has to coordinate with Markel the children’s schedule.
Does Wendi communicate so intently Markel's itinerary so that Sigfredo will deliver to Markel a flower from Wendi?

I cannot help but think, when not yet indicted co-conspirator Wendi Adelson will be eventually convicted, the State of Florida should put her in the same cell as Sigfredo. In the attached picture, they look equally evils.

Attachments

• Sigfredo & Wendi.jpeg
    Sigfredo & Wendi.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Sigfredo Garcia Appeal Excerpt.png
    Sigfredo Garcia Appeal Excerpt.png
    641.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Wendi was so infuriated by her mother and brother going behind her back to murder Dan Markel that she moved to Miami 3 days after the murder - the day after the funeral service and she refused to talk to police the day after his murder. How did she have time to pack a 3BR house with all her grief? She must've been extremely upset with Katie too, having spent a day at the beach with her smack-dab in the middle of the two different trips that Katie's assassins had taken up to Tallahassee to murder her ex-husband who she hated with every fibre of her being. And when she found out that her brother and mom were on wiretaps getting extorted by the same gangbangers that did in fact murder her husband, she didn't even want to listen because...well - that's the prosecution's job! In fact, she has no knowledge of the case and doesn't follow it AT ALL. Unless....of course, buried in 12 terabytes of data, she can find a single email from Ruth Markel trying to make sure her kids have childcare in the hypothetical event that every Adelson in Miami is arrested and Ruth still in Toronto so will need time to get down there to look after the kids. I guess thats the only evidence of the case she's following - the bits that she can use to punish the living Markel family members? Notice the aggression towards Dan Markel's family but no anger whatsoever with her own family. Except Rob. He's the worst cause he wanted to poke around and get some answers as to who might've killed Dan. Wendi is murdering sociopath.

Just because she's not emailing murder instructions from her gmail account doesn't mean she wasn't directly involved. She was on the phone with Charlie for 18 minutes the morning of the murder (after Charlie had spoken to Magnbanua). Wonder what they talked about? Charlie wasn't writing Wendi emails proposing any course of action either and he obviously did it.

Charlie had the legal misfortune of being the only Adelson interacting with Magbanua in this murder-for-hire scheme. But that doesn't mean that Charlie is the only Adelson guilty of it.
I hope the State's Attorney's office is reading here because this looks like some closing argument material to me. For any of the three of those Adelson sociopaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member