OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the way I remember it, too. It took more than one pass through the house to find CRjr. I seem to remember an early interview with Mr. Manley in which he references the delay in finding him.
I am not sure if he actually knew that there was a delay in finding CRjr or he thought/assumed that from things he was/was not being told.

I
Yes click here:

Watch

Just this court photo, nothing happening yet.

WKRC LIVE Event

LIVE
NOW PLAYING
LIVE NOW
WKRC LIVE Event
have tried my phone, phone with Bluetooth speaker and my laptop and can’t hear half of what is said…

They didn't look at the Wagner's suspiciously right away but there was one thing that started it according to the prosecutor in court today.

Child custody.

The prosecutor said that the Wagner's said everything was fine with custody but then BCI was hearing from other people the exact opposite, that there was a custody dispute between Jake and Hanna. But that wasn't all. BCI found it suspicious that the same thing happened with George's child. That the Wagner's were the ones who wanted to raise him and so they did what they could to get him then kept the mother out of the picture.

They realized that the Wagner's wanted to do the same with Jake's daughter, same pattern basically. Get her and raise her. This started the alarm bells ringing and they then did the search of the Wagner properties and found the 22 shell casings matching the ones at the crime scenes.

The Wagner's had a storage unit and they found the receipt for the shoes, smaller than the sizes George and Jake wore. This is different from us hearing that the receipt was found in Jake's truck. Storage could have been at that car lot.

They didn't look at the Wagner's suspiciously right away but there was one thing that started it according to the prosecutor in court today.

Child custody.

The prosecutor said that the Wagner's said everything was fine with custody but then BCI was hearing from other people the exact opposite, that there was a custody dispute between Jake and Hanna. But that wasn't all. BCI found it suspicious that the same thing happened with George's child. That the Wagner's were the ones who wanted to raise him and so they did what they could to get him then kept the mother out of the picture.

They realized that the Wagner's wanted to do the same with Jake's daughter, same pattern basically. Get her and raise her. This started the alarm bells ringing and they then did the search of the Wagner properties and found the 22 shell casings matching the ones at the crime scenes.

The Wagner's had a storage unit and they found the receipt for the shoes, smaller than the sizes George and Jake wore. This is different from us hearing that the receipt was found in Jake's truck. Storage could have been at that car lot.
I wonder if he meant it as a storage tub type thing but said or called it a storage unit.

I wonder if he meant it as a storage tub type thing but said or called it a storage unit.

Interesting. Here is the quote:

"At the same time again you've heard about the Walmart receipt for the Wagner shoes. They do a search Warrant of a storage unit that the Wagners have up on 41."

Could Jake's truck have been in the storage unit?

Did they search a storage unit but the receipt was in Jake's truck on a different part of the property?

FOX19 Digital Staff - 7h ago

The defense for Wagner IV argued that the court should suppress the testimony of his brother, Jake Wagner, and his mother, Angela Wagner. Jake pleaded guilty last April to eight counts of aggravated murder while Angela took a plea deal five months later on charges of conspiracy to commit aggravated murder.

The argument to suppress their testimony, specifically Jake’s, was built on the 6th Amendment, Wagner IV’s lawyers explained.

According to his defense, a good cross-examination of Jake by their side could make him change his story. The defense said if they did a good job with the cross exam, it would hinder their ability to represent their client, thus going against the 6th Amendment, the defense said.

The judge, after hearing the defense’s side and the prosecution’s counter, dismissed the motion. The judge’s ruling on Tuesday now paves the way for both Jake and Angela to take the stand.

06/21/2022MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR AN ORDER REQUIRING AN EXHIBIT LIST PRIOR TO TRIAL FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT
06/21/2022MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO SUPPRESS TESTIMONY OF JAIL HOUSE INFORMANTS FILED Attorney: JUNK, PROSECUTING ATTORNEY, ROBERT
06/21/2022MOTION NO. 96 MOTION IN LIMINE ON THE ADMISSIBILITY OF STATEMENTS IN VIOLATION OF THE HEARSAY RULE FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK
06/21/2022MOTION NO. 97 DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT ACCUSED TO APPEAR WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED Attorney: PARKER, JOHN PATRICK

Child custody.

Does anyone think it’s a little strange that the shoes on the receipt were smaller sizes than George or Jack wore?

Does anyone think it’s a little strange that the shoes on the receipt were smaller sizes than George or Jack wore?

No. I'm not surprised at all because I 100% believe Angie did that on purpose to make it look like it would not have been "the boys" wearing the shoes. Also, she deliberately bought shoes of a style they don't wear according to Canepa at a Hearing.

This is the reason I do not think the Wagner's were very concerned about leaving footprints at the scenes.

How could the wrong sizes and styles of shoes be traced back to them?

Why Angie didn't throw out the receipt is the million dollar question.

No. I'm not surprised at all because I 100% believe Angie did that on purpose to make it look like it would not have been "the boys" wearing the shoes. Also, she deliberately bought shoes of a style they don't wear according to Canepa at a Hearing.

This is the reason I do not think the Wagner's were very concerned about leaving footprints at the scenes.

How could the wrong sizes and styles of shoes be traced back to them?

Why Angie didn't throw out the receipt is the million dollar question.
you nailed this paradox. the wags forgot that physical evidence doesnt have to be dna and it is by far the worst kind. for example- a drug dealer is paranoid to sell out of their house because they fear neighbors will get them raided- dealer is then arrested making a sale in their car.
probation demands a urine test- always better to refuse to pee then to pee dirty.

another parallel- anti fingerprinting internet browser for software for identity fraud. criminal uses all the bells and whistles to change profile, so much so then general users that their profile is now highly identifiable whereas a generic profile would not be noticed.

instead of buying shoes too small(presumably in leonards size) they could have just bought the right size of a brand theyve never owned, and burned them after. their "cleverness" made them sloppy

Interesting. Here is the quote:

"At the same time again you've heard about the Walmart receipt for the Wagner shoes. They do a search Warrant of a storage unit that the Wagners have up on 41."

Could Jake's truck have been in the storage unit?

Did they search a storage unit but the receipt was in Jake's truck on a different part of the property?
Could you please link the source of your quote?

IMO, The W4 had five pieces of their personal property temporarily stored on their friend BB's land on 41 (May 2017). They intended to take all five to AK. There were two of the Wagner's trucks, two large trailers packed with personal possessions, and an enclosed white storage trailer. Though all of their personal property was searched and released, the enclosed white trailer and it's contents were taken into evidence by LE. IMO, these were the vehicles and trailers used in their imminent getaway out of town and later to AK.

Jake's packed truck was one of the trucks found on the 41 property. IIRC, inside Jake's truck there were documents, later deemed important enough to include in Discoveries. It would not be surprising if the documents/receipts/papers found in Jake's truck were organized in "Storage File Totes/Units".

Jake's truck was wide out in the open on the 41 land with the other items. I have never heard any mention of any other "storage units" on the 41 property. On 41, their personal possessions were inside the truck cabs/beds and the rest were in the three trailers.

Again , all JMO and IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members