WELCOME Citizen Detective True Crime podcast listeners!

CocoChanel

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
WELCOME listeners of CITIZEN DETECTIVE TRUE CRIME, a brand new podcast with Mike Morford who is our WS member morf13 !

We are glad to have you visit here at WEBSLEUTHS, the gold standard of true crime discussion boards, and where we have the best citizen detectives around!

We invite you to join our ranks and take part in our discussions of the true crime cases featured on
CITIZEN DETECTIVE TRUE CRIME. To join WEBSLEUTHS, click on the “Register” link at the top right of the screen.

Citizen Detective Episode #1 - Russell and Shirley Dermond
Link to the most current WEBSLEUTHS Russell & Shirley Dermond case discussion:
GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13
The most recent posts are on the last page in the thread.
GA - GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam Co, 2 May 2014 - #13
Please join in that discussion, as the CITIZEN DETECTIVE podcast gives new ground to dig into.

We are thrilled to partner with Morf and his co-hosts Naama Kates, and Dr. Lee Mellor from CITIZEN DETECTIVE TRUE CRIME and ALL of you to shine a light on these cases and help find justice for these victims.

There may be opportunities to participate in a future LIVE broadcast of upcoming episodes, so please introduce yourself here on this thread if you are interested, and let our new partners know how much we appreciate them.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Websleuths Administrator/Moderator

Thanks for the welcome! My name is Mike Morford AKA Morf
I am excited to be working with the Websleuth community to tackle some really perplexing mysteries.
Starting off with the Dermond case set the bar high because it's so bizarre.
I am hoping we can get some sleuths from here joining us live to record our episodes for each case we do. We work alongside you live for each episode. If you have not listened to episode 1, I hope you will.
We need all the sleuths we can get. If you have joined us live let us know what you think of the process.
We will be recording EP2 live on 6/28 at 9PM Eastern, and I will put instructions up here of how/when to join us.
And if you will, please help the show grow and reach new people by rating and reviewing it where ever you listen to your podcasts. We look forward to sleuthing some cases together with you on Citizen Detective

Attachments

• top100.png
    top100.png
    317 KB · Views: 5
We also take case suggestions, so if you are passionate about certain cases, let us know.
On our show, we talk to people connected to the cases- family members, witnesses, investigators, experts- if you have case suggestions where we have guests willing to come on, please, we are all ears!

Hello,

The following case means a lot due an 11 year old girl was raped and murdered in her own home while her two brothers and father were home with 12 party attendees. This case botched so bad. I have include the following links:

Local law enforcement seems to have dragged their feet in pursuing additional DNA testing especially, familial DNA or Genealogy DNA testing. Sampson County DSS failed to follow up on the home life of this child. I actually acquired the investigative autopsy report on this child's death.

Crowdsourcing - the modern version of shoe detective.
Doesn't sound optimistic

"In the sheriff's last update on the case, he said there were no fingerprints, foreign DNA or eye-witnesses. Hundreds of people were interviewed but investigators came up short.
"What we need more than anything is for someone to call us and tell us who is responsible for this savagery," he said Friday."

May 2022

Hello,

The following case means a lot due an 11 year old girl was raped and murdered in her own home while her two brothers and father were home with 12 party attendees. This case botched so bad. I have include the following links:

Local law enforcement seems to have dragged their feet in pursuing additional DNA testing especially, familial DNA or Genealogy DNA testing. Sampson County DSS failed to follow up on the home life of this child. I actually acquired the investigative autopsy report on this child's death.
If they have any DNA at all, othram can solve it.

Hello,

Thanks, let us check this out

Crowdsourcing - the modern version of shoe detective.
Doesn't sound optimistic

"In the sheriff's last update on the case, he said there were no fingerprints, foreign DNA or eye-witnesses. Hundreds of people were interviewed but investigators came up short.
"What we need more than anything is for someone to call us and tell us who is responsible for this savagery," he said Friday."

May 2022

We use the term 'Crowd solving' - where people with different ideas, and outlooks come from different experiences and lives and cam look at the same case through different eyes. That's how we want to look at the cases- from every possible angle

Hello Morf!
We know you are a longtime member of Websleuths, AND a renown true crime podcaster wit’s several active shows at any given time. I have a feeling you must not require much sleep to be able to do all you do, including launch a NEW and unique podcast. In your spare time LOL, could you answer a few questions about this exciting project that you have invited Websleuthers to be a part of?

1)how do you envision everyday people like US here taking part in your project?

2)when you mentioned folks possibly joining in a live taping of Citizen Detectives, what would that look like?

3)how long have you been been thinking of a podcast that could make use of crowd-solving?

4)are there particular types of cases you would like to concentrate on for Citizen Detective?

5)how frequently will you be dropping new episodes?

I very much enjoyed the first episode on the Dermond murders in Georgia. That case has stymied us for years. It is just so shocking that these dear folks were in their golden years enjoying retirement and the fruits of their labors, yet suffered such a brutal and tragic end.
I also enjoyed “The Scrum”, which gives listeners a peek behind the scenes of your broadcast. That was fun! I know that was just a taste of what patrons can look forward to, and it got me hooked.

Thanks for being here and inviting us fellow websleuthers to join in on this endeavor. We are ready, able and enthusiastic about pitching in.

Faithfully,
coco

Calling on our Citizen Detectives to join us live as we dive into a new case this coming Tuesday June 28 at 9PM Eastern.
In Episode 2, we explore the tragic 1982 abduction and murder of 3 year-old Rachael Runyan in Sunset, Utah.
You will be able to ask questions in chat, share theories, call in to leave voice mails, etc
Leave us a voice mail at- https://www.speakpipe.com/citizendetective
Where do you tune in to take part, or watch?
Our Facebook homepage:
https://www.facebook.com/CitizenDetectivePodcast
Our Youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgvqIuf4-sEF2aDdNGip2w
Our Twitch page:
https://www.twitch.tv/citizendetective
On Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CitizenDPod
The Citizen Detective team is looking forward to teaming up with you to explore an all new case

Last edited:
Calling on our Citizen Detectives to join us live as we dive into a new case this coming Tuesday June 28 at 9PM Eastern.
In Episode 2, we explore the tragic 1982 abduction and murder of 3 year-old Rachael Runyan in Sunset, Utah.
You will be able to ask questions in chat, share theories, call in to leave voice mails, etc
Leave us a voice mail at- https://www.speakpipe.com/citizendetective
Where do you tune in to take part, or watch?
Our Facebook homepage:
https://www.facebook.com/CitizenDetectivePodcast
Our Youtube page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSgvqIuf4-sEF2aDdNGip2w
Our Twitch page:
https://www.twitch.tv/citizendetective
On Twitter:
https://twitter.com/CitizenDPod
The Citizen Detective team is looking forward to teaming up with you to explore an all new case

Hello Morf!
We know you are a longtime member of Websleuths, AND a renown true crime podcaster wit’s several active shows at any given time. I have a feeling you must not require much sleep to be able to do all you do, including launch a NEW and unique podcast. In your spare time LOL, could you answer a few questions about this exciting project that you have invited Websleuthers to be a part of?

1)how do you envision everyday people like US here taking part in your project?

2)when you mentioned folks possibly joining in a live taping of Citizen Detectives, what would that look like?

3)how long have you been been thinking of a podcast that could make use of crowd-solving?

4)are there particular types of cases you would like to concentrate on for Citizen Detective?

5)how frequently will you be dropping new episodes?

I very much enjoyed the first episode on the Dermond murders in Georgia. That case has stymied us for years. It is just so shocking that these dear folks were in their golden years enjoying retirement and the fruits of their labors, yet suffered such a brutal and tragic end.
I also enjoyed “The Scrum”, which gives listeners a peek behind the scenes of your broadcast. That was fun! I know that was just a taste of what patrons can look forward to, and it got me hooked.

Thanks for being here and inviting us fellow websleuthers to join in on this endeavor. We are ready, able and enthusiastic about pitching in.

Faithfully,
coco
1- I envision a place and platform for people of various backgrounds, life experiences, and world views to come together to look at a case from various angles and as a team, come up with ideas and ways to move the case forward.

2-It's simple, they would tune in on Youtube, Twitch, in our Facebook group (or here if you could set it up) and interact with us live in real time. They can share comments, leave voice mails, etc

3- It's been something I have been interested in for a long time, but finally came together with the right team of people and found the right format to make it happen

4- We'd like to focus on a wide variety of cases that need attention, and fresh eyes- cases that may benefit from crowd solving

5-New episodes are recorded live alongside our citizen detectives every other week, usually Tuesdays at 9PM Eastern(although that day will occasionally switch) and then a cleaned up polished version of that recording is published the following Saturday- so an every other week show. If it takes off and does well, and there is a demand for it, I could see it going weekly at some point

Looking forward to some of the sleuths here joining in live with us. Anyone planning on taking part?

I for one am planning to be there tomorrow evening
Hoping to get a few more onboard as well!
Will be copying Morf’s post above with all the details for tomorrow’s brainstorming about this tragic and confounding cold case into some threads that will be interested.
Tell all your Websleuths friends it’s a chance to do some real sleuthing!!

I have been busy and it's a case im not well versed in, but I will be in for something in the future :) Hang in there until people start finding out about it!

Looking forward to some of the sleuths here joining in live with us. Anyone planning on taking part?
I plan to be there. I have been looking into the case the past few days. I do have questions to post.
I'd like to know if they followed through on the recent POIs ....
...Like the woman who suspected a deceased family member of being the perp.

And if they ever found DNA on anything left behind in evidence.

Glad to hear some people will attend. We hope to have on Rachael's mom and private investigator in the case

Powerful and sad, but informative conversation in episode 2 with Rachael Runyan's mom Elaine and investigator Jason Jensen about Rachael's case. I encourage everyone to watch and share

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back