Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be, but we also know that the P's attorney has used this "extreme" type of rhetoiric often, desribing the L's behavior as extreme or outrageous because they didn't respond to phone calls from the Petito's, that they blocked their numbers on their phones, that they had a long weekend camping trip (even though it had been planned long before BL returned home), etc. So until we see for ourselves the content of the letter between RL and BL, his description isn't entirely credible.

The most specfic he is willing to be about the contents of the letter from RL is that it contains "an offer that had to do with Gabby." But he does state that he doesn't know when the letter was written. He says he is requesting a copy in relation to the civil lawsuit against the Laundries.

If it was written before GP and BL set out for their cross country trip in the van, as the L's lawyer stated, then it could have been advice to BL on how to deal with difficult situations that could transpire during the trip, including difficulties in their relationship (GP and BL relationship) in such tight quarters and on such a long trip. That's another possibility.
I don't find it extreme because he's privy to information that we don't have.

We don't know if the P's are correct in any of their assertions. But they claim BL killed GP on Aug 27 and called home Aug 28. IF that's right (huge if) I can't see how overnight mail could work. Aug 28, 2021 was a Sat. I don't think there's overnight shipping on weekends. There's not where I live anyway. So I'm not sure he could have gotten anything even by Monday Aug 30.

I think the whole "I don't have a phone" thing in Moab was misunderstood. As was discussed at the time, I think BL was saying to LE if GP left with the van he wouldn't have had a phone, not that he didn't have one at all. His words and verb tenses were along the lines of "and I'm thinking if she leaves I don't have a phone .." (And if he really had no phone, how did he call the L's at all? If he did somehow call but had no phone, why not just tell him to buy a burner phone where he was?)

I just don't believe most people would think shipping a package general delivery or to a mailbox type store leaves less of a trail than a phone call. I also doubt RL would mail him money. We don't know if BL and GP combined $ and for the bank charge to be brought it didn't really matter. But I doubt RL thought GP was funding the entire trip from her Taco Bell earnings. So she wouldn't have thought BL would be broke as he'd worked too. And she could have wired $ if she thought he needed money Just not buying she shipped him a box of money, a letter, and burner phones (phones she happened to have on hand because time would have been tight.)

I think the letter was likely written earlier. Either after Moab or before the entire trip. CL, Rose, and high school friends say GP and BL fought all the time (although Rose is the only one who mentioned the physical stuff of BL shoving GP and GP slapping BL. CL denied seeing any of that-- said it was just yelling.) But RL probably at least heard fights since the couple lived with the L's. Being a mature adult she probably realized bad relationship stuff wasn't going to get better being in a van 24/7. The letter may have offered outs.

I don't think the adjectives used by any of the attorneys can be trusted right now. They are trying to influence public opinion on behalf of their clients after all.
JMO

Last edited:
Could be, but we also know that the P's attorney has used this "extreme" type of rhetoiric often, desribing the L's behavior as extreme or outrageous because they didn't respond to phone calls from the Petito's, that they blocked their numbers on their phones, that they had a long weekend camping trip (even though it had been planned long before BL returned home), etc. So until we see for ourselves the content of the letter between RL and BL, his description isn't entirely credible.

The most specfic he is willing to be about the contents of the letter from RL is that it contains "an offer that had to do with Gabby." But he does state that he doesn't know when the letter was written. He says he is requesting a copy in relation to the civil lawsuit against the Laundries.

If it was written before GP and BL set out for their cross country trip in the van, as the L's lawyer stated, then it could have been advice to BL on how to deal with difficult situations that could transpire during the trip, including difficulties in their relationship (GP and BL relationship) in such tight quarters and on such a long trip. That's another possibility.
BBM
"The most specfic he is willing to be about the contents of the letter from RL is that it contains "an offer that had to do with Gabby."

No. He's very specific on many many points. 7 minutes worth of points.

But he does state that he doesn't know when the letter was written.

That's not what he is saying to the public. According to Reilly, the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly said "the time" the letter was written was based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter was written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.

He says he is requesting a copy in relation to the civil lawsuit against the Laundries.

At the 3:29 mark he says Bertilino has the letter (which they both read while they were together). He said Bertilino has the original of the letter. Then he says he asked Bertilino to maintain the letter for purposes of the litigation. Then states Bertilino refused to allow him get a copy. After which is says he will be getting a copy.

I agree with those thoughts, except that given the state of the US mail these days, unless she overnighted it, it could have taken a few days or longer to reach him. So maybe it was overnighted...
MOO it was never mailed. She either left it on his pillow, on a desk or handed it to him when he arrived.

BBM
"The most specfic he is willing to be about the contents of the letter from RL is that it contains "an offer that had to do with Gabby."

No. He's very specific on many many points. 7 minutes worth of points.

But he does state that he doesn't know when the letter was written.

That's not what he is saying to the public. According to Reilly, the letter is undated so it’s not entirely clear when it was written. However, Reilly said "the time" the letter was written was based on what’s contained within the letter, it would appear as though the letter was written after Gabby was killed and before Brian took his life.

He says he is requesting a copy in relation to the civil lawsuit against the Laundries.

At the 3:29 mark he says Bertilino has the letter (which they both read while they were together). He said Bertilino has the original of the letter. Then he says he asked Bertilino to maintain the letter for purposes of the litigation. Then states Bertilino refused to allow him get a copy. After which is says he will be getting a copy.
I want to know what content in the letter he is using to come to his belief's. He doesn't tell us that. Simply saying what's "contained" in the letter doesn't help me to understand how he came to his conclusions at all. Way too vague. JMO.

I would like to know what evidence the plaintiff's have to support their claims. So far I'm not impressed. JMO.
I guess we'll have to wait two weeks until the judge announces if the case will go to jury trial.
The Petito family asserts:

"Your Honor, this case is not simply about the silence of Christopher and Roberta Laundry, who knew that their son had brutally murdered Gabby Petito," Reilly argued. "It's not simply about their callous refusal, despite pleas from the Petito family, to speak up about whether or not Gabby was alive and if she wasn't where her body was located. It's about a course of conduct that they committed from the moment they learned on August 28th of 2021 that their son had brutally murdered Gabby Petito up until the time that her body was found."
June 22, 2022

BBM - August 28th is a pretty exact date. I assume the family has more than an undated letter. ??

Yeah, I was thinking that she might have fedexed it along with some cash and a burner phone or two. There are a number of shops in Jackson Hole that allow people to receive packages. You can also send mail for general delivery via the USPS where the recipient just stops by and picks it up, and she could have used an overnight box or envelope (both of those would be consistent with an envelope that had writing on the outside but no date/postmark/address). I checked and general delivery is available at the US post office in Jackson Hole.

It would be interesting to know if there were any charges on her credit card for shipping to Wyoming, or any texts or emails telling him that a package was en route. It's possible that he went someplace to get a cell signal to call his parents after he killed her and she told him she would send him some money/a package and where she would send it.
She didn't need to fedex money to him, he had already stolen GP's money/credit cards. He had plenty on him.

As for leaving someplace else to get a cell signal to call his parents after he killed her.... Brian Eaton explained to us there was great cell service at the camp site.

She didn't need to fedex money to him, he had already stolen GP's money/credit cards. He had plenty on him.

As for leaving someplace else to get a cell signal to call his parents after he killed her.... Brian Eaton explained to us there was great cell service at the camp site.

Well, the warrant alleges that happened and happened between Aug 30 & Sept 1. Personally I don't think RL mailed him anything in WY but if she did, she had to send it before Aug 30 since he arrived in FL Sept 1.

I want to know what content in the letter he is using to come to his belief's. He doesn't tell us that. Simply saying what's "contained" in the letter doesn't help me to understand how he came to his conclusions at all. Way too vague. JMO.
Yes it is vague. He has to be vague. He tells us that right in the interview.

Keeping private some or most of the information related to this situation is proper for any attorney.

I remember how the Laundries were extremely "vague" or totally silent at their attys request.

At the right moment we will get our hands on the letter. Its just a matter of time.

Yes it is vague. He has to be vague. He tells us that right in the interview.

Keeping private some or most of the information related to this situation is proper for any attorney.

I remember how the Laundries were extremely "vague" or totally silent at their attys request.

At the right moment we will get our hands on the letter. Its just a matter of time.
I was replying to the part of your post saying that he was very specific on many points. I disagree.

I'm expending entirely too much energy on despising someone who is dead and gone. But I am just so angry with Brian, particularly after this BS confession in which he dares to paint a heroic portrait of himself.

It seems to me that all his wishes came true. He got to have his relationship with Gabby. He got to kill her when that became his wish. He got to see his family again and have a "fun" weekend. Then he got to choose when, where and how to die. Even to get his alleged wish for the animals to tear up his remains.

In his pseudo-confession, he rambles on about how "from the moment I decided, took away her pain, I knew I couldn't go on without her." Yet his very next sentence is "I rushed home to spend any time I had left with my family."

Well, if Brian knew from the MOMENT he killed her that he couldn't go on without her, why'd he manage to go home and hang out with his family first? Why not kill himself right there next to her? He was so full of crap.

I've always detested how the Laundries would not respond to the Petitos but I had some slight measure of sympathy for them, as their son was dead, after all. But if this letter from Roberta contains evidence that they did know Brian killed Gabby, and that they stood ready to help Brian, then I feel nothing but contempt for them.

All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members