TX - At least 44 migrants found dead & 16 injured in a semi-truck in San Antonio, 27 June 2022 *arrests*

I wonder why that truck was (presumably) abandoned on a back road? Does anyone know?
Possible mechanical breakdown, driver high on meth.

The area is supposedly a transit area where migrants get into smaller vehicles and disperse.

It isn't really a back road..The area is just kinda weird. It's right next to the interstate, and RR tracks. It's been a scrap metal/junk yard haven for over 60 years (Long story) It's just not a very pleasant place...

Local residents saw SUVs in the area around noon, indicating that some migrants were either picked up or some smugglers were going to the site to pick them up.

As to why they were all left in a hot truck, I do not know. Maybe they were already in horrible shape from the ride up and the driver just gave up?

The humane thing would have been to open the doors and let them out, but maybe they were not in any condition to leave the truck? There was no AC or water in the ride up from Laredo.

Heck, I wanna know why the Govt of Mexico is sharing footage of the suspect at US Border Patrol Checkpoints in the US?

I'm like..Why do they have US Border Patrol footage? (The stops were 30 and 70 miles from the border at Encinal, Tx and Cotulla, TX) It's really strange......

The guy who did this is a US citizen.....

Attachments

• cotulla to Laredo, Texas - Google Maps.png
    cotulla to Laredo, Texas - Google Maps.png
    206 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I really Hope that whole criminal enterprise gets taken down...myownopinion Oh, and I wonder why the two brothers aren't being charged? (yet!) Hmmmm
They were charged with "unlawful possession of a firearm"...In other words, they are not in the US legally and had firearms in their possession. They were arrested after leaving a residence which was under a surveillance/warrant. They got in a vehicle and were pulled over. They had guns and the guns were not legal because they were not in the US legally. Hence, they were arrested and charged for the crime committed.

I'm sure LE will find out more...but right now this is what they are charged with because this is the evidence that they have.

This is MOO: They could possibly be "low hanging fruit" who could turn state's evidence....MOO
They are facing 10 year sentences for the firearm possessions. Also, more evidence may surface and they may have more serious charges later.

Last edited:
They were charged with "unlawful possession of a firearm"...In other words, they are not in the US legally and had firearms in their possession. They were arrested after leaving a residence which was under a surveillance/warrant. They got in a vehicle and were pulled over. They had guns and the guns were not legal because they were not in the US legally. Hence, they were arrested and charged for the crime committed.

I'm sure LE will find out more...but right now this is what they are charged with because this is the evidence that they have.

This is MOO: They could possibly be "low hanging fruit" who could turn state's evidence....MOO
They are facing 10 year sentences for the firearm possessions. Also, more evidence may surface and they may have more serious charges later.
Not just deported?

Wondering how did they manage to cross into USA. How was that whoever was in charge of check it at the border didn’t spot so many people hidden in the truck. Likely they were all over heated and sweaty. They should have been discovered either by canine officers, X-ray, heat detectors, even human eyes.

I agree it’s traficants and Cartels who are at fault, but IMO LE should look at the border officials, because someone didn‘t did their work properly, to say the least.

So sad

Possible mechanical breakdown, driver high on meth.

The area is supposedly a transit area where migrants get into smaller vehicles and disperse.

It isn't really a back road..The area is just kinda weird. It's right next to the interstate, and RR tracks. It's been a scrap metal/junk yard haven for over 60 years (Long story) It's just not a very pleasant place...

Local residents saw SUVs in the area around noon, indicating that some migrants were either picked up or some smugglers were going to the site to pick them up.

As to why they were all left in a hot truck, I do not know. Maybe they were already in horrible shape from the ride up and the driver just gave up?

The humane thing would have been to open the doors and let them out, but maybe they were not in any condition to leave the truck? There was no AC or water in the ride up from Laredo.

Heck, I wanna know why the Govt of Mexico is sharing footage of the suspect at US Border Patrol Checkpoints in the US?

I'm like..Why do they have US Border Patrol footage? (The stops were 30 and 70 miles from the border at Encinal, Tx and Cotulla, TX) It's really strange......

The guy who did this is a US citizen.....
So, more of an access or frontage road than a back road? Makes sense.

It appears the migrants were mostly likely in stash house(s) in Laredo prior to getting on the truck.
I had no idea that this was "a thing" until this
I knew that during the Uvalde shooting the Border Patrol arrived from Del Rio after clearing out stash houses, but I just assumed they were stashing drugs...

Also several of the migrants had texted that they were in Laredo and were awaiting transportation.

12:44 p.m.: Martinez sent Zamorano GPS coordinates that led to an address in Laredo.

Last edited:
Neighbors pray for the brothers Yovani and Jair Valencia Olivares and their cousin Misael Olivares in San Marcos Atexquilapan, Veracruz state, Mexico, Thursday, June 30, 2022. The three youths are missing after it was confirmed to the family that they were traveling in the abandoned trailer in San Antonio, Texas where more than 50 bodies were found. (AP Photo/Yerania Rolon)
SAN MARCOS ATEXQUILAPAN, MEXICOClutching rosaries, residents of this mountain village stared at photographs of three of their own atop the altar at the local church, praying that teenagers Jair, Yovani and Misael were not among the 53 migrants who perished inside a stifling trailer in Texas.

The wait for confirmation has been agonizing for families from Mexico to Honduras. Now they hope for what before would have been dreaded — capture by the Border Patrol, even hospitalization — anything but the solemn finality that has been trickling out family by family across the region.

Then again, at least they would know. For now parents re-read last messages, swipe through photos, wait for a phone call and pray.

Not far from the church, outside the Olivares family’s neat two-story homes — each sister’s and their parents’ all in a row — a black tarp was hung Thursday to shade the dozens of people who have come each day to be with the parents of teenage brothers Yovani and Jair Valencia Olivares and the mother and father of their cousin, 16-year-old Misael Olivares Monterde.

Such a covering is customary for wakes, when the family home cannot accommodate all those who come to pay their respects. But in this case it is a vigil where residents of the town of 3,000 come to buoy the family’s spirits, praying and swapping stories about the boys.

this from 2019 in england tells a similar story

After what happened in Uvalde, this is soooo quiet.......
The only thing in common: It rained on both days. It rained the evening after Uvalde..everyone got rain. And it rained the evening after this...It hadn't rained for months, then it rained. Then it didn't rain from May 25-June 27. Then this happened and it rained later that evening.

This really makes me wonder about smuggling rings etc?
There must be some sort of organized crime. The silence is deafening.
I hope they are doing good investigation work.
This guy and his friend in East Texas couldn't not have acted alone.

Last edited:

I wonder how the truck was connected to the residence? Stolen plate? VIN number? Title? Inspection sticker?

The home is owned by an LLC..
They are likely renters...

The mom says they need guns in their neighborhood because, "It's a bad neighborhood". :rolleyes:
MOO It's not a neighborhood where guns are needed. As a matter of fact, their home is the most "run-down" on the block. It's located a few miles south of the 410-I-10 interchange in the Dellview area. On the city's Northside. It's not a bad area. It's about 30 miles from where the truck was abandoned. Residential, small lots. No room for a big rig or anything like that...

The dad has an expired B-2 work VISA. The son has an expired VISA

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆