Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if we did bullet points of all the red flags it would be quite some reading and it would take a very long time to map out.

How were the accused able to foster another child? Who made this decision?

The person who signed off on the next foster child being placed with them should be hiding their head in shame.

Were the Foster Carers taking children for the additional cash? I believe it pays pretty well.

That's also my opinion. IMO FFC did not wish to work so took on foster parenting for extra income!

Last edited:
I have to raise my concerns, the police who had audio surveillance and recorded the alleged abuse. As they have confirmed that the situation carried on for a period of minutes, does this mean that they sat there listening to this poor girl scream in pain and be abused and did nothing as they had a listening device on the house and could not intervene? Was it because the child went to the teacher and raised her concerns that the teacher may have then come forward which was when intervention came about and the children were removed?
I agree, after all, what is the point of surveillance if it isn’t closely monitored? Seems like another failure on behalf of the police if it’s found that the physical abuse was reported to a teacher before being noticed on their surveillance?

I agree, after all, what is the point of surveillance if it isn’t closely monitored? Seems like another failure on behalf of the police if it’s found that the physical abuse was reported to a teacher before being noticed on their surveillance?
I’m rethinking this now as my thoughts then turn to, well how long have they been under surveillance, Haven’t they moved since W’s disappearance? Surely not for all these years? Despite all these ‘red flags’, I still have difficulty trying to believe the FFM had anything to do with fatally harming him. If push came to shove FA appeared more/most likely to me. IMO

Perhaps it's wrong? (The part about the blow being to the head.) ABC also reported today that Chris Dawson's twin brother was Gary.
The ABC article was already edited when I found it 25 minutes after it was originally posted. I think they're being pretty careful to be accurate and follow all these suppression orders. Someone must have seen an innacuracy nearly straight away.

JMO - It is very fortunate that the young girl told her teacher about what had been happening. Who knows where this behaviour by the FFC and the MFC could have led to ..... next time, either of them may not have been able to stop themselves! As Foster Carers, are they meant to be dishing out such discipline?
No and it's specifically illegal in out of home care in NSW. They have to use what the agency trained them in to manage behaviours. With parents in NSW it's slightly different, basically in legal language it says you can lightly quickly smack them, if it's not on the head.

There's some stats on parents using corporal punishment, 50% never would, but many have (50-80%??). This case goes beyond what the many who do give a smack on the derrier would ever do (which I think is likely all most parents who said they had used force have done). imo

The DT says that ..... "The incidents allegedly occurred in the family home early last year but the woman was not charged until November."

Were they not going to charge them (until they decided to apply pressure)?
Exactly when did the police hear this on surveillance?
Exactly when did the teacher report?

where is everyone getting this info that the police had the fosters under surveillance?

They have a recording as far as I know...that likely came from the victim herself. IMO.
This article from 9news states that police bugged the FP home. Haven't read the entire content of others though, to include any other sources

The foster parents had been charged with assault and intimidation of a child and with lying to the NSW Crime Commission last November.

MFC was summonsed to the crime commission nov 11
4 days before a high intensity search 800 m from the grandmothers house at kendall.
Day 2 of the search (6 days after MFC was at the CC) FFC was named POI.

The stalking charges followed former NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller naming the foster mother as a 'person of interest' in the toddler's disappearance.

The lying has to be about Williams disappearance.

police have a 'large amount of surveillance device material' and up to ten prosecution witnesses.

Is this statement all we have to go on about the surveillance?
Even if LE are suss on the fosters...why would they be surveilling them???
Those kind of orders are hard to get.
I think it came to them via other means...Ie the girl herself.

moo

This article from 9news states that police bugged the FP home. Haven't read the entire content of others though, to include any other sources
right.
do you have a link tessi?
tia

its ok I found it.

Police say they bugged the foster parents' home and those recordings will form part of their evidence.

well well well

Am surprised on learning the fosters had gained another child and after being named a POI in the disappearance of her foster son that new placed child wasn't removed immediately.

Only AFTER they WERE CHARGED WITH assaulting the older girl was she removed. SMH.

i wonder if that msm article with the photo of ffc with what looks like a big bruise on her ankle coincides with the alleged assault?

Wasn't the photo where some were inspecting FM's ankle taken late last year?

The alleged assault happened in early 2021, according to the DT (I have posted the link already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks