TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they refer to it as a "fake" passport if it was someone else's legitimate (for them) passport? That is, would they not instead call it a "stolen" passport? I did see one article, though, that called it a "fraudulent" passport which seems like a better term, to me, if it was indeed someone else's actual passport.

The feature that usually most changes one's appearance is the nose. Think of the career-ending nose job Jennifer Gray got after Dirty Dancing. She was really almost unrecognizable. I don't know if KA's nose had much to change, but a nose job would make sense. Botox wouldn't really make much difference. Bleaching hair and a nose job could, maybe with some cheek implants and lip fillers .

The problem would be trying to match the fake passport. I can see her planning on applying for a new fake passport after recovering from her surgery, maybe 6 months later, so it could possibly be a biometic match.

"Investigators had recently discovered that Armstrong, using a fake passport, had boarded a flight from Newark International Airport at 5:09 p.m. EST on May 18, and arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, at 8:27 p.m. EST."

So they have known for more than a month now that she did board the flight in Newark to San Juan Costa Rica

Costa Rica is english-speaking, home to many USAnians, and has good quality infrastructure. I suppose that also means that the medical care ( ie; plastic surgery) is quite good, too.

Can't wait to find out the details of the fake passport.

It's been awhile since I've been there, but Costa Rica is/was the Beverly Hills of Central America

Who has the money for all that? To flee to a foreign country, and live on the beach there indefinitely, and have surgery? With what funds? Someone had to have been helping her.
She apparently sold her vehicle in a firesale for $12,000. That would have bought her what she needed to get to this hostel and live cheap for quite a while, along with plenty of other American surfers and yogis. Some stay forever once they pick up something like free accommodation and meals in exchange for tourist work.

But IMO, Costa Rica was a big mistake. Firstly, it's the wrong time of year to arrive, the hot and rainy slow season, she'd have stood out, unlike in midwinter. And it's not so remote, really, they'd have wifi and smartphones. Then also, Costa Rica cooperates fully with US authorities, unlike poorer countries that just don't have the police infrastructure: Nicaragua, Guatemala, etc. Also, Costa Rica will share banking info with the US. She'd be in a dilemma: carry lots of cash and she'd risk being robbed; use an ATM, and that could alert authorities to her location.

JMO

Last edited:
And if she has the sister's passport, then I hope the sister is also arraigned on accessory after the fact charges.

Her apparent complicity in this has caused the family of the murdered Moriah Wilson, the friends and cycling community, and many others great pain and lack of closure.

Perhaps the sister was cooperating with LE and gave them info? I hope she did turn over everything she knew about her sister, the future convicted felon.
That would not be an accessory charge. More like assisting a fugitive, etc. But sister could still probably avoid that by saying the passport was stolen.

Maybe they have actually accidently arrested the sister! Hmmm.
Lol. I'm about ready to diagnose KA with histrionic personality disorder (distorted thinking) if she's undergone plastic surgery.

Maybe she's having an early mid-life crisis? At least she's probably tanned & well-rested for what lies ahead.

I think her Dad was right, she's not the daughter he knows. I've been on the fence about guilt but am falling off now!

JMHO

"Investigators had recently discovered that Armstrong, using a fake passport, had boarded a flight from Newark International Airport at 5:09 p.m. EST on May 18, and arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica, at 8:27 p.m. EST."

So they have known for more than a month now that she did board the flight in Newark to San Juan Costa Rica

Costa Rica is english-speaking, home to many USAnians, and has good quality infrastructure. I suppose that also means that the medical care ( ie; plastic surgery) is quite good, too.

Can't wait to find out the details of the fake passport.
This seems to say that they only recently discovered she had flown to Costa Rica. Apparently it is pretty easy to fly out of the country undetected.

I’m remembering when Luka Magnotta was captured and extradited back to Canada — they had footage of him coming down the stairs of the plane in handcuffs surrounded by Canadian authorities.

I wonder if they will do similar with KA?
I also wonder if Moriah Wilson’s family will make a statement.

Tidbit from Daily Mail

Santa Teresa Beach, where Armstrong was found, is a remote town located on Costa Rica's northern Nicoya peninsula. The town is located over five hours from San Jose, the city that Armstrong flew into.

The town is known for beautiful beaches and surfing, and has recently seen an uptick in tourists since celebrities including Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen visited.

She apparently sold her vehicle in a firesale for $12,000. That would have bought her what she needed to get to this hostel and live cheap for quite a while, along with plenty of other American surfers and yogis. Some stay forever once they pick up something like free accommodation and meals in exchange for tourist work.

But IMO, Costa Rica was a big mistake. Firstly, it's the wrong time of year to arrive, the hot and rainy slow season, she'd have stood out, unlike in midwinter. And it's not so remote, really, they'd have wifi and smartphones. Then also, Costa Rica cooperates fully with US authorities, unlike poorer countries that just don't have the police infrastructure: Nicaragua, Guatemala, etc. Also, Costa Rica will share banking info with the US. She'd be in a dilemma: carry lots of cash and she'd risk being robbed; use an ATM, and that could alert authorities to her location.

JMO
EXACTLY,

For the Wilson family, they deserve justice and glad "HOPE" prevailed for first potential part of closure as the judicial process begins.

To all fellow WSer's, thanks for sharing the many great perspectives in the quest for an arrest of KA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong