TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what CS is thinking right about now.

On the one hand, he might be relieved, but on the other hand, this case is about to get ramped up in media attention, and that means for him, too. Once KA gets an attorney, I'm sure they will be pushing attention to his role in the chain of events that led to MW's murder.

Hope he's still got his therapist.
He may need a lawyer, too.

Tidbit from Daily Mail

Santa Teresa Beach, where Armstrong was found, is a remote town located on Costa Rica's northern Nicoya peninsula. The town is located over five hours from San Jose, the city that Armstrong flew into.

The town is known for beautiful beaches and surfing, and has recently seen an uptick in tourists since celebrities including Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen visited.
I wonder when LE discovered she had fled to Costa Rica, and how long they had been looking for her in that country? I would assume that it had been at least a few days. I also wonder how KA went from San Jose to Santa Teresa Beach, bus perhaps, and how authorities managed to track her movement within the country. I really strongly feel that they were tipped off by the person who took her to the airport, who perhaps only recently began to talk. JMO

Last edited:
Wonder what CS is thinking right about now.

On the one hand, he might be relieved, but on the other hand, this case is about to get ramped up in media attention, and that means for him, too. Once KA gets an attorney, I'm sure they will be pushing attention to his role in the chain of events that led to MW's murder.

Hope he's still got his therapist.
He may need a lawyer, too.
He definitely will need an attorney. He will have to testify.

I wonder when LE discovered she had fled to Costa Rica, and how long they had been looking for her in that country? I would assume that it had been more than just a few days. I also wonder how KA went from San Juan to Saint Teresa Beach. and how authorities managed to track her movement within the country. I really strongly feel that they were tipped off by the person who took her to the airport, who perhaps only recently began to talk. JMO
And it turns out they really only had found the Jeep last week when it was headline news.

I wonder when LE discovered she had fled to Costa Rica, and how long they had been looking for her in that country? I would assume that it had been more than just a few days. I also wonder how KA went from San Juan to Saint Teresa Beach. and how authorities managed to track her movement within the country. I really strongly feel that they were tipped off by the person who took her to the airport, who perhaps only recently began to talk. JMO
I think once they were able to identify that she went to Costa Rica (how they did that I am not sure), the dominos started to fall pretty quickly.

So it is now about 12:15 p.m. in Costa Rica, so if they arrested KA last night, as the press release said, then they would have probably transported her to a secure location in San Jose, Costa Rica last night and she stayed there overnight in some kind of secure facility/jail. I would assume that there would be an extradition hearing today, once the paperwork is done by the U.S. probably this morning. So perhaps it is about the time now that an extradition hearing is taking place, and so maybe we will have photos before she gets off a plane in the U.S. I would think the media are on top of this, and there is a race on for whover can get the first picture.

I wonder if she will fly from San Jose to Newark, again, with company this time. I guess whichever U.S. airport has a direct flight, and one that is the closest to Austin.

It looks like the flights out of Newark International Airport to Costa Rica are fairly inexpensive, although higher, most likely, if purchased at the last minute. If she purchased it one week ahead, a one way ticket would possibly have been between $127 and $200, according to Kayak.com.

I wonder if she bought a round trip ticket. Either way, she's got one now.

It looks like the flights out of Newark International Airport to Costa Rica are fairly inexpensive, although higher, most likely, if purchased at the last minute. If she purchased it one week ahead, a one way ticket would possibly have been between $127 and $200, according to Kayak.com.

To your other question...

United and Southwest both have daily flights from San Jose to Houston, which is about 160 miles from Austin, with connections to Austin. American has daily flight from San Jose to Dallas, which is about 195 miles from Austin, with connection to Austin.

I doubt she had plans to return. Now she’ll be forced to.

To your other question...

United and Southwest both have daily flights from San Jose to Houston, which is about 160 miles from Austin, with connections to Austin. American has daily flight from San Jose to Dallas, which is about 195 miles from Austin, with connection to Austin.

My guess is that they will fly into Houston and then drive the rest of the way to Austin, or as you mention, take a connecting flight. I read online that the flights from San Jose to Dallas are not direct flights, but the flights from San Jose to Houston are direct flights. Not sure if that is accurate or has changed.

If the media figures it out or gets a leak as to whether it will be Houston or Dallas, I am sure they are ready to go, maybe already staked out at one or both airports. But I think we might get pictures from Costa Rica first, the Daily Mail is probably already on the ground with local photographers and journalists working with them.

Thrilled she has been caught.
I admit I didn’t think she’d managed an international flight. SO curious to hear the rest of the dominos on this one.

(For those following along on KA Choose Your Own Adventure: You’ve been apprehended by US Marshalls. Turn to page 371)

I wonder when LE discovered she had fled to Costa Rica, and how long they had been looking for her in that country? I would assume that it had been at least a few days. I also wonder how KA went from San Jose to Santa Teresa Beach, bus perhaps, and how authorities managed to track her movement within the country. I really strongly feel that they were tipped off by the person who took her to the airport, who perhaps only recently began to talk. JMO
I suspect it was camera footage at Newark, plus discovering that the passport was fraudulent, that led them to Costa Rica.

She could have gotten lost in the country at that point, taking slow buses into and out of the capital, moving around to really obscure places, but never staying long, changing her clothes and hair style.

But, I think she was too much of a princess for that. Perhaps LE found out she'd been to this particular town before with yoga friends. Or maybe she took tourist transport from the airport, where she'd be filmed buying whatever ticket she needed to get to her next destination.

JMO

Last edited:
She'd have to: like most countries, they won't let you in on a one-way plane ticket...

JMO

I've travelled abroad many times with a one way plane ticket. Both leaving the U.S. to travel abroad, and flying into the U.S. from abroad. It was never a problem. I haven't done this since the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic in March of 2020, but before that it was never a problem, perhaps it has changed?

I doubt she had plans to return. Now she’ll be forced to.
She probably did, as some airlines don't let you do the one way thing, Nicaragua for example. She would have been better off going there or Panama, plenty of criminals from the US hiding about in those 2 countries. I lived in Nicaragua for a couple of years, police wouldn't even bother looking for you regardless of what the US did.

My guess is that they will fly into Houston and then drive the rest of the way to Austin, or as you mention, take a connecting flight. I read online that the flights from San Jose to Dallas are not direct flights, but the flights from San Jose to Houston are direct flights. Not sure if that is accurate or has changed.

If the media figures it out or gets a leak as to whether it will be Houston or Dallas, I am sure they are ready to go, maybe already staked out at one or both airports. But I think we might get pictures from Costa Rica first, the Daily Mail is probably already on the ground with local photographers and journalists working with them.

Looks like a direct flight from San Jose airport in Costa Rica to Houston is 3 hours and 20 minutes. Wonder if she will back on U.S. soil by tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151