TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the scenario sounds very odd. Under what conditions would they searching a person and discovering a passport was missing? Someone at an airport? KA and this person did a swap in the airport? I can't figure out the story line here.

Maybe she stole the passport in the airport?
Or maybe - very weird longshot here - she had Mo's passport? They look alike, too IMO.

And no, I'm not a fan of Lifetime network movies ;)

Costa Rica was exactly the wrong place to go. It has its act together! Yes, very professional. But also, Costa Rica is a place that is very cooperative with the US. Plus, CR has every reason in the world to keep its stellar tourist mecca reputation sanitized of criminals.

I tell ya, she shoulda picked Nicaragua. They might have gone out of their way to stick it in the eye of the US and allow her to hang out. But I'll bet she'd been to Costa Rica before, and she's not a very adventurous person (maybe she'd actually never traveled by herself?), so she just went to a place she was familiar with.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe she is able to still be on the run. I'm not sure what the criteria is to be on the FBI's Most Wanted list but maybe a segment on John Walsh's In Pursuit could help. IMHO it seems she might need assistance staying off the grid. Just the basics food, money, shelter, etc. seems difficult without help. Karma can be tricky. Maybe something happened to her.

One thing I wanted to note about her plans is how incredibly well-traveled Santa Theresa is. In my experience, it's the second most-visited destination in Costa Rica, and all my 'spiritual' friends travel there. it's really not "remote", and certainly not off the beaten path if you're a certain type of person. What a stupid place for KA to set up shop.
Objectively, I think you are 100% right.

Humans, however, can be pretty subjective. As one forum member (@minneolo) stated: "It is very hard to quit being oneself"

Your observation that all your spiritual type friends have gone to Santa Theresa is very consistent with KA's interest in yoga and Bali (Bali is also known to attract a lot of "spiritual" type tourists as exemplified by KA's studying yoga there).

When under pressure, most humans, like KA run to a place where they feel comfortable and then, maybe reassess their safety. For KA, this place was Santa Theresa.

Objectively, as you implied, KA have reassessed her safety in Santa Theresa, then broken the computerized travel trail and moved on from Costa Rica to Nicaragua or Panama via illegally "jumping borders".

Subjectively and thankfully, however, KA never did the reassessment. Instead, she quit running as soon as she came to a place that was in her comfort zone and allowed her to be herself.

Last edited:
Maybe KA didn't have any plastic surgery. That hasn't been confirmed by US Marshals. All they said was that she had a bandage on her nose. I think the plastic surgery comment might be conjecture. I'm thinking the bandage was part of her disguise, to cover up her most distinctive facial structure. Although it's not much of a disguise. Even the haircut wasn't that convincing. It was shorter, but still on the longish side, and the shade looks darker, but not dramatically so. Apparently, KA really couldn't part with much of her lovely locks, so I think she would be too vain to mess with a perfectly good nose. I did feel a lot of glee when the Marshal at the press conference described KA's hair as "uneven". A real hack job. I hope it hurt her pride.

Maybe KA didn't have any plastic surgery. That hasn't been confirmed by US Marshals. All they said was that she had a bandage on her nose. I think the plastic surgery comment might be conjecture. I'm thinking the bandage was part of her disguise, to cover up her most distinctive facial structure. Although it's not much of a disguise. Even the haircut wasn't that convincing. It was shorter, but still on the longish side, and the shade looks darker, but not dramatically so. Apparently, KA really couldn't part with much of her lovely locks, so I think she would be too vain to mess with a perfectly good nose. I did feel a lot of glee when the Marshal at the press conference described KA's hair as "uneven". A real hack job. I hope it hurt her pride.
Ooh sorry duckduck I just repeated the uneven hair cut thing!

I sense sarcasm in your response.

LOL
Actually, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being impressed. When the marshal said they searched someone and that someone didn't have their passport, and the missing passport led to KA, I was trying to think up a scenario where that was even possible. In what situation would LE be searching someone where it would be significant that they didn't have a passport on them?
So, clever idea: perhaps they were "searching" the poor victim and couldn't find her passport.

1656632271672-jpeg.352051

The whole yoga factor is interesting, from the US Marshals presser it was clear her yoga passion really was a big part of tracking her down! I mean she did flee clutching her yoga mat as seen on the Austin airport surveillance which was a clue that wherever she started her “new life” she’d be into yoga. but still the yoga studio sign-in sheet being key to her apprehension is amazing.

l
1656632271672-jpeg.352051

I'm sure Hurley is delighted! You just can't buy that kind of publicity!

"I went to Costa Rica on vacation, and all I got was a new tee-shirt and a free trip to prison"

Last edited:
The whole yoga factor is interesting, from the US Marshals presser it was clear her yoga passion really was a big part of tracking her down! I mean she did flee clutching her yoga mat as seen on the Austin airport surveillance which was a clue that wherever she started her “new life” she’d be into yoga. but still the yoga studio sign-in sheet being key to her apprehension is amazing.
Maybe that yoga mat will make her prison cot a little softer.

Last edited:
No one answered the door Tuesday or Wednesday at the Austin home where Armstrong lived with Strickland, who dropped Wilson off on the night of her murderafter they went out swimming and to dinner behind Armstrong's back, according to the murder warrant. Messages sent to his listed phone number were met with a request to "please f--- off" Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.